Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 00:56   #16
BHPian

@StreetAddict. I have used this Creative X-Fi. and i have mentioned in my car-pc thread zillion times that Please avoid any kind of USB soundcards as it is not practical with car-pc setup.
I have now switched to Onboard Realtek, I am seriously missing the output that i was getting from creative but again lots of issues were with hibernate and resuming.
So now i am living with onboard audio. :(

Are you getting loud pop-up from creative sound card whn windows resume ?

about line drivers. you can use this
Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

Hardware Review: JL Audio CL-RLC volume controlled preamp - Page 3 - MP3Car.com
Old 16th November 2010, 02:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
@StreetAddict. I have used this Creative X-Fi. and i have mentioned in my car-pc thread zillion times that Please avoid any kind of USB soundcards as it is not practical with car-pc setup.
I have now switched to Onboard Realtek, I am seriously missing the output that i was getting from creative but again lots of issues were with hibernate and resuming.
The only reason I got the X-Fi was because of the dedicated volume knob I get & thinking it would fix the low sound issue.

I am not facing any other issue except the loud thump when Windows boots up.
Old 16th November 2010, 02:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAddict View Post
The only reason I got the X-Fi was because of the dedicated volume knob I get & thinking it would fix the low sound issue.

I am not facing any other issue except the loud thump when Windows boots up.
do check that JL audio. I have discussed with soundman in past . it would work nicely with creative x-fi.

you can eliminate the start up thump by using relay. which driver version are you using? I am surprised that you are not facing any issues with hibernating and resuming ..
Old 16th November 2010, 15:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... the loud thump when Windows boots up.
I don't get a loud thump, more like gentle a 'khadak'. The soft start of the sound output even with on-board sound is a vexing issue on power up (independent of initial boot or restart from hibernate). Since the Power On signal to the MB is a an edge (has to be, since it is simulating a button press) that is not carried to the sound section, there is no way, at least not yet, that the sound device can do a soft-start. Don't know why the designers of the sound chips have not considered enabling the output transistors of the chip with a ramp at power up.

But, come to think of it, why does it only happen with 12VDC-powered setups and not desktop or laptop setups where the power and signal relationships are (supposed to be) the same?
Old 16th November 2010, 17:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
But, come to think of it, why does it only happen with 12VDC-powered setups and not desktop or laptop setups where the power and signal relationships are (supposed to be) the same?
It happens on my HTPC setup.
Old 16th November 2010, 22:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I don't get a loud thump, more like gentle a 'khadak'.
Amplify that khadak & you get the loud thump

Quote:
It happened on all PCs I've used till date.
Old 17th November 2010, 10:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
It happens on my HTPC setup.
Quote:
... It happened on all PCs I've used till date.
Eh? Doesn't happen on any PC that I use / have used at home or office! Can't have anything to do with my luck, I am sure.
Quote:
Amplify that khadak & you get the loud thump ...
It is already amplified!
Old 17th November 2010, 10:28   #23
BHPian

I have that sound in all PC builds and some laptops too. That I have bought/built/used for me and my friends. It comes in at boot after post. Seems to be an init for the audio.

Have you tried the jammix plugin for winamp? It can be made to run as default for audio by setting up k-lite's codec control to run jammix as default for any sounds. It has quite a few tone and bass controls. It also has a seriously powerful compression module. Yes it will make stuff a little less 'original' but you will get loudness and a lot of bass and depth control. I use in with my panasonic in-ears and my htpc works nicely. And I would prefer it if you switched back to onboard audio seems to me like you have onboard 7.1. Why not use that?
Old 24th November 2010, 00:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
And I would prefer it if you switched back to onboard audio seems to me like you have onboard 7.1. Why not use that?
It's onboard 5.1 & I was not impressed by the sound.

Anyways, I've ordered a PAC Turbo1 2-ch line driver. Will update this thread when I receive it
Old 1st May 2011, 15:07   #25
BHPian

Re: About Line Drivers

@StreetAddict. Any update on line driver ?
Old 1st May 2011, 23:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: About Line Drivers

a bit off topic, I recall that my audigy 2ZS had 2V outputs, and i imagine the XFi should have similar levels of drive,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks