Team-BHP - Help on Blaupunkt HU provided in the Punto
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Help on Blaupunkt HU provided in the Punto (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/92540-help-blaupunkt-hu-provided-punto.html)

Hi All Gurus,
So...I am extremely delighted to finally get my "greyhound" i.e. Medium Grey Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion in Oct 2010.

As I review each feature in detail (and run through the checklist of issues documented on the team bhp site), I am happy to see that none of the known niggling issues are noticed. This is until I get to the Blaupunkt HU that Fiat provided..that's when I was surprised. The 1.4 model has just two variants (Emotion and Emotion Pack), the emotion does not have a total of 6 features. One of the six is the inability to connect an external source to the HU, which would essentially mean me needing to stick to good old cds and burning mp3s on cds. I read up online and noticed that there is a way out and managed to get the address of a guy in Pune who can setup an Aux In. I proceed to meet him and am shocked to see that the HU does not have the option of Aux coded within the system itself. Some posts said that you hit the CD button without the cd inserted and it should recognize an external device, that's also the reason they have an external volume option. When I tried that I see a message on the display which says "No Source Available", so we connected a phone, an ipod to the Aux pins via an Aux Cable behind the unit and still we see "No Source Available". The help I need is to try and get to the root of this -
1) Are there any Punto Owners who see a similar issue ?

2) Mine is an Oct 2010 Model - Is it possible that Fiat got smarter and disabled the features / circuit from within the HU itself, thereby rendering any cord connector useless on the outside ?

3) Is there a way out ?

Note - I discovered this on Saturday (i.e. 2 Days ago) :Shockked:

Mods - I've see multiple threads on enabling the aux option in the punto emotion, but haven't seen any with this issue - feel free to add this to any existing thread incase I've missed out any thread during my research.

Desperately seeking help or else I will have to make do with burning CDs :Frustrati

Thanks
Greyhound..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrish21 (Post 2148478)
Hi All Gurus,
So...I am extremely delighted to finally get my "greyhound" i.e. Medium Grey Fiat Punto 1.4 Emotion in Oct 2010.

As I review each feature in detail (and run through the checklist of issues documented on the team bhp site), I am happy to see that none of the known niggling issues are noticed. This is until I get to the Blaupunkt HU that Fiat provided..that's when I was surprised. The 1.4 model has just two variants (Emotion and Emotion Pack), the emotion does not have a total of 6 features. One of the six is the inability to connect an external source to the HU, which would essentially mean me needing to stick to good old cds and burning mp3s on cds. I read up online and noticed that there is a way out and managed to get the address of a guy in Pune who can setup an Aux In. I proceed to meet him and am shocked to see that the HU does not have the option of Aux coded within the system itself. Some posts said that you hit the CD button without the cd inserted and it should recognize an external device, that's also the reason they have an external volume option. When I tried that I see a message on the display which says "No Source Available", so we connected a phone, an ipod to the Aux pins via an Aux Cable behind the unit and still we see "No Source Available". The help I need is to try and get to the root of this -
1) Are there any Punto Owners who see a similar issue ?

2) Mine is an Oct 2010 Model - Is it possible that Fiat got smarter and disabled the features / circuit from within the HU itself, thereby rendering any cord connector useless on the outside ?

3) Is there a way out ?

Note - I discovered this on Saturday (i.e. 2 Days ago) :Shockked:

Mods - I've see multiple threads on enabling the aux option in the punto emotion, but haven't seen any with this issue - feel free to add this to any existing thread incase I've missed out any thread during my research.

Desperately seeking help or else I will have to make do with burning CDs :Frustrati

Thanks
Greyhound..

Check this. You should be able to make it work...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-stereo-2.html

Update...Punto Emotion Variant after Sept 2010 (I think) are fitted with Bosch systems which do not have the Aux In option enabled within the system itself. Hence connecting a cable too won't help since the feature itself is disabled. Sadly I will have to rely on burning mp3 cds to listen :( Apparently they had warranty issues. This update comes after 6months of struggle with Fiat / Pandit Auto. Mods you may close this thread.

There is another way of getting Qux here. You could connect Aux on the on FM lines. That would cause your FM to be disabled, but would get you aux and provided your external MP3 player has FM tuner built in, you can enjoy FM too. I did this thing with my previous JVC KD-G413 HU and that worked seamlessly till I sold my Alto off.

Not advisable experimenting - you may end up with a disaster. Better to talk to Bosch service to find a way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2378148)
Not advisable experimenting - you may end up with a disaster. Better to talk to Bosch service to find a way around.

Thanks Deralte & Tejender - Would you be able to let me know how I may try to connect a usb out to the usb option. As far as I know and from the earliest response I had from the Service Advisor was that I have the system for the emotion pack. In this system if you don't have a source connected to the usb the message you see is "No Source available".

If I try to connect an RCA ~ Usb cable will it make sense ?

Please advise
Hrish21

No, RCA carries analog signal, and USB carries digital signal.

If USB is not present on the rear connector (please check the connection diagram on the HU - it is usually on the top), it is usually implemented as an interface over the CD Changer channel. Search the net and you will find it. If the rear pins exist for the USB interface, it is a matter of getting the correct interface cable.

Thanks...der alte

What if I use a 2RCA ~ IPOD connector that is freely available in the market ?

please:
Also would anyone have an idea on what pins the usb is connected in the emotion pack for Punto ?