Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2010, 21:15   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: JBL branded HU? EDIT: GT-X555 & 333 Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
Wow thats great news Sam!! Have you tested these units yourselves.How do they sound?Soo excited to hear the review,I want a HU change for my car badly!!
Is this HU available in all major car accessories shops?
Well I cannot post a review, but to be honest it was voiced earier and I heard it for a LONG time before it was release and it really sounded great on a 1:1 against all HU's below 10,000 rupees.

Plus I thought the bass, mid and treble control was mild and sweet.

Yes it is available in all car accessory shops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post

Btw, I checked the JBL India site but couldn't find any info about these HU's. Is the site yet to be updated?
Yes the site is yet to be updated. Should be up by tomorrow.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:37   #92
BHPian

I just enquired Haute car zone chennai and they said they dont have it.I spoke to the manager and he said he'll order if I confirm the purchase.
@sam:The MRP is 4990 right is there any extra charges if he(the dealer) ships it.I dont think he is aware of its release.If the product arrives then i'll buy it this week surely.BTW what is the cost of a facia plate for a fiesta.I am currently having the OEM 2 din HU.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:41   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesta_21 View Post
I just enquired Haute car zone chennai and they said they dont have it.I spoke to the manager and he said he'll order if I confirm the purchase.
@sam:The MRP is 4990 right is there any extra charges if he(the dealer) ships it.I dont think he is aware of its release.If the product arrives then i'll buy it this week surely.BTW what is the cost of a facia plate for a fiesta.I am currently having the OEM 2 din HU.
Chennai should get it tomorrow. Don't pay for it before you see it and hear it and feel it. No matter what brand it is.

You must like it before you pay for it. It is our duty to ensure that every dealer is able to do that before you buy it.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:43   #94
BHPian

Thanks for the tips.Guess I will wait till tomorrow.Do you have any idea about the cost of the facia plate i mentioned??
Old 13th December 2010, 13:23   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
I've never used a CD so far and might not use it at all!
To be honest whem I first heard MP3 in 1998-9 I was apprehensive. By 2000 I was a convert (this was when we first started getting more 256k and 320k downlaodsd via Napster and Gnutella). While MP3 is by no means an
audiophile standard for the car enviroment it is ideal. Mp3s suited in-car listening of audio (with the distractions of traffic, road noise, and the other limitations) and by early 2002 with EAC and LAME getting traction a decent MP3 rip was not too hard to get.

If you search the old posts (2003-5) on TBHP you will find that many of us had already started asking for a in-car HU that had no CD. I think Panasonic and/or some other chinese manufactures already had such a player out but improper marketing and/or distribution led to the demise of these.

Then with OEM HUs getting integrated into the dashboards of cars some of us figured the end of the 3rd party HU was imminent and slowly everyone would migrate to the products like the Alpine PXE650, RF 360.2, JBL MS-8, etc.. but maybe we were mistaken.

In India there will still be many cars sold sans a OEM stereo. This is what the 333 targets. I really wished it offered full ipod control, TA, and all those digital doo-dads that many of have talked about. Maybe there will be a 777 or 888 that does all this.

Sam why not get a Odyssey based speaker for the car. It will allow you to move the image higher up in the front. Think of this....a 5-6" woofer mated to a pair of Odysssey (per channel like the On stage IV) at say 300hz. At 300hz the drivers can be 1 meter apart and still retain integration and the Odysseey drivers in a format like this Pioneer TS-X200 at ear level will manage 8-10W perfect for the chip amp in the 333/555/777/888...
Old 13th December 2010, 13:45   #96
Senior - BHPian

I wish there would be something like this 333 with playback of various losless formats like FLAC etc.
Old 13th December 2010, 23:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

WOW! Excellent thread. Thanks Lloydofcochin for pointing me to this thread. Am on the right thread at the right time. My Palio SDX is due to be delivered very shortly. I was looking for a HU exactly like what 333 offers and did not want it to be expensive. I am considering the 333 very seriously. Is it available in Bangalore yet? If yes, any specific shops?

What would be the best possible setup for me with the 333? My budget is around 16-18k. I would love to flaunt a amp and sub for sure. I would be happy if the amp and sub doesnt eat up too much space in the boot.
Old 13th December 2010, 23:40   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
WOW! Excellent thread. Thanks Lloydofcochin for pointing me to this thread. Am on the right thread at the right time. My Palio SDX is due to be delivered very shortly. I was looking for a HU exactly like what 333 offers and did not want it to be expensive. I am considering the 333 very seriously. Is it available in Bangalore yet? If yes, any specific shops?

What would be the best possible setup for me with the 333? My budget is around 16-18k. I would love to flaunt a amp and sub for sure. I would be happy if the amp and sub doesnt eat up too much space in the boot.
Karthik,

Check with Sachin's Autoshop, Koramangala or Satya, EVO they should definitely have it. You can find reviews & contact details for them here - Bangalore - Team-BHP

Regarding the setup the experts will definitely pour in their suggestions.
Old 14th December 2010, 00:29   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL
I wish there would be something like this 333 with playback of various losless formats like FLAC etc.
John, 320 kbps on our Clarion 785 will sound 100 times better than FLAC on a "china set".
You and me are lucky to own one of the cleanest sounding HUs for a budget of upto 30-40K.
It's a shame it will not be replaced.

PS: I'm looking to get a 333 to run Illusion Audio Electras. Let's meet up for an audition.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:25   #100
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Lloyd!

I called Sachin's and they confirmed they have it and is priced the same as discussed on this thread. He asked to come down some time to check it out.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Thanks Lloyd!

I called Sachin's and they confirmed they have it and is priced the same as discussed on this thread. He asked to come down some time to check it out.
Yup Sachin definitely has it, i checked the 333 in hand and the build quality is just like any of the other good brands, it was retailing for some 4.5k i think. He said he will have the stocks by this weekend for proper sale. 3rca is definitely there with 4v in each rca, Its a good option for someone not looking to use CDs.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:08   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

lol, so much excitement.

Still, looks to me like nobody has succeeded buying one so far. Good luck guys and do let us know your views and opinions.
Old 14th December 2010, 13:09   #103
BHPian

If this headunit (333) doesn't play CDs, it must be having a DAC (I am a noob, correct me if I am wrong). Which DAC is it?
I know it wouldn't be Burr-Brown/Wolfson but still.
Old 14th December 2010, 14:11   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
If this headunit (333) doesn't play CDs, it must be having a DAC (I am a noob, correct me if I am wrong). Which DAC is it?
I know it wouldn't be Burr-Brown/Wolfson but still.
So, a DAC is not needed if it can read CDs?
Old 14th December 2010, 16:51   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
So, a DAC is not needed if it can read CDs?
I think we would require the DAC (Digital To Analog Converter) irrespective of whether the unit has the CD mechanism or not? I think the data in form of CD and USB or any file is stored in digital format, but once you have to manipulate the data and send signals to speakers which are analog devices you will need DAC. So you read the digital files from the USB/CD/SD cards and then decode them using the algorithms used for coding them and then convert it to analog signals and then push it a amplifier or take a parallel out as pre amplifier output. From the amplifier output they are connected to Speaker outputs. DAC are good or bad based on various parameters such as resolution whether it is 8/16/24/32 bit and how fast they can convert(conversion times).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks