Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)

Hi Ppl

Looking for a suitable subwoofer that will live in harmony and nicely compliment the rest of the family (..........sounding like a matrimonial ad??)

OK so I'm doing a basic ICE upgrade on my Civic

HU: Stock
Priority : SQL

Here is what I have purchased already

F : Infy 6030 cs comps
R : Infy 6032? (forgot the exact #)
Amp : Alpine MRP -F300 : 2 ch for Fronts and 2 tied for 1 Sub
Alpine MRP-F300 V-Power Series 4-channel car amplifier 50 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

I've been told the 300 is a baby amp, but since I already bought it I'll see how it works and make changes if necessary.

Damping : front doors planned

So now..
It would be nice to have a compact and easily removable sub so that there is no frayed nerves or damage during airport runs.
I guess it would have to be strapped down and have a connector that can be unplugged.

ICE newbie so excuse any glaring mistakes.

Last edited by Mpower : 3rd December 2010 at 19:39.
Old 4th December 2010, 02:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

You will need something like these (at the sub end) to connect the speaker wire from the amp to the sub.

Neutrik - Audio - speakON Cable Connectors

I used one. And as you said, it can be easily twisted and unplugged.
Old 4th December 2010, 10:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I've been told the 300 is a baby amp, but since I already bought it I'll see how it works and make changes if necessary.

So now..
It would be nice to have a compact and easily removable sub so that there is no frayed nerves or damage during airport runs.
Shuvc has already pointed you to the neutrik speakon conncetor. my subwoofer is not removed regualrly but I had this conncector installed so that in case of an accident and having to change the tail lights (my subwoofer's box is of fiberglass mouled to fit the side wall of the trunk) this can be done without cutting wires.

The 300 in bridge mode will be able to drive a 8-10" (low Le) subwoofer. What kind of budget you got the subwoofer+box. Fiberglass is stiffer and lighter but more expensive and does not have any self damping properties so one as to combine it with MDF etc.. to get the best of both worlds. I like to use a sandwich of 6mm marine grade ply and FRP.

Since you have a Civic you should see what GTO did to his. His is a SPL system (not pure SPL like LBMs but loud enough to distract the cars around him if he chooses to do so) talking of SPLs if you are ever in Fardiabad just head to the epicenter of the earthquake (take your ear plugs).

Last edited by navin : 4th December 2010 at 10:08.
Old 5th December 2010, 08:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The 300 in bridge mode will be able to drive a 8-10" (low Le) subwoofer. What kind of budget you got the subwoofer+box. Fiberglass is stiffer and lighter but more expensive and does not have any self damping properties so one as to combine it with MDF etc.. to get the best of both worlds. I like to use a sandwich of 6mm marine grade ply and FRP.
Thx Navin. Pretty clueless about the cost but I guess I can spend about 5-10K for both. Is it custom made or can I pick one off the shelf? Can I get the marine grade ply+FRP in the budget?
Old 6th December 2010, 17:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Pretty clueless about the cost but I guess I can spend about 5-10K for both. Is it custom made or can I pick one off the shelf? Can I get the marine grade ply+FRP in the budget?
FRP boxes are almost always custom made. In the US they make some standard boxes for particular vehicles (mostly pick up trucks) for example MTX's Thumberforms, JL Audio's Stealthbox, etc...

A good woofer will cost you about 7K that leaves only 3K for the box.
Old 16th December 2010, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)

Got the speakers and amp installed at EVO Bangalore. Here are the pics.

Amp was small enough to fit under the front pass seat. Decided to do Noisekill for the front doors.

Huge jump in SQ as expected. Once the sub comes, it will complete the package. Enjoy the pics till then.
Attached Thumbnails
Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)-home-181.jpg  

Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)-home-182.jpg  

Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)-home-183.jpg  

Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)-home-185.jpg  

Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)-home-187.jpg  

Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)-home-188.jpg  

Old 16th December 2010, 14:02   #7
BANNED

Re: Subwoofer for CIVIC (pref easily removable)

Satya did my sub in small tiny box ask him and its quite easy to remove any time.
I have 10" Infinity DVC sub in sealed box model number is REF1062.Tight bass and solid punches can give demo also if you are close to EGL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks