Team-BHP - Memphis Car Audio - ICE in Ford Fiesta 1.6S
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Memphis Car Audio - ICE in Ford Fiesta 1.6S (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/93451-memphis-car-audio-ice-ford-fiesta-1-6s.html)

After a lot of favorable reviews from Team BHP on Ford Fiesta 1.6 S, my mind was set on buying the car, which I did six months back. No, I did not buy a blue sports fiesta, but a sober white one.
Since the car is fully loaded, there was very little that I could invest in the car. Well not long, a close friend of mine offered his Polk audio set up from his Skoda Octavia, which I accepted to buy. However upon thinking, I wanted better and newer equipment for my new car. So my foray into ICE research began on Team BHP.

Budget
Kudos to Team BHP classified section; I managed to sell my rims, tyres from my previous car and OE ICE from the new car to fund for the new project. I even managed to sell my friends ICE unit which I’d promised I’ll buy. Now my budget was set…….Well, so it seemed.

Research
Thanks to my workstation hidden at the end of the floor , endless hours of surfing on Team-Bhp ensued. Therein realization dawned, my budget was not enough and my previous knowledge in ICE was suspect. I needed a HU, components, co-axials, amplifiers and a woofer. A good installation was of paramount importance to extract the maximum from the modest equipment. The brands I favored keeping in mind, my budget was Infinity, Boston, Hertz, and Auditor.

Survey and audition
Satya of Evo was highly regarded on the forum, so I decided to pay a visit to his store. The guy after hearing out my requirements, whipped out a list of options, equipment and brands with costing on an excel sheet. Very professional, wish more of the dealers were as organized and sensible.
Checked the prices (for Infinity and JBL) from National Market (A.K.A Grey market :D) and were cheaper, however there is no guarantee and installation is to be done outside.
A cousin of mine who stays in the US highly recommended a brand called as Memphis Car Audio. The brand is known for its quality amps and speakers and is used by my cousin and his ICE crazy group of friends there. I had never seen this brand locally. So when I checked through couple of my contacts, I found the official India Importer ‘Flawless Performance’ was right here in Bangalore and was just launching the products. So went straight to their office, auditioned and loved what I heard. The guys’ incharge were fantastic there and understood my needs. They had a higher end set up (MClass series of Memphis Car Audio) in a Skoda Octavia RS and a mid range (PR Series) in a Skoda Octavia, tuned and installed by Anwar of Top Gear, absolute quality sound :thumbs up. Memphis Car Audio - premium car audio and marine audio amplifiers, subwoofers, speakers and accessories

Flawless Performance - Harsha/ Rahul – 09900033555/ 080 41643555

Purchase
As against to what I initially planned, I upgraded from the initial entry level Street edge speakers to a mid level PR range, since this would be an investment (which is what I try to convince myself with). Dropped the earlier plan to buy JBL amps and picked up the Street edge range of 4 channel amp and 2 channel amp from Memphis Car Audio to drive the speakers. With what money was left, the best option HU seemed to be Pioneer 7150 UB, which I picked up from National market (a.k.a grey market) through couple of references. Though a Pioneer 7250 UB seemed to have better features and aesthetics, 7150 UB was advised. Since Flawless Performance is also the dealer for Auralogix wiring, I picked up the complete wiring kit and 2 RCA’s from him. The RCA’s/ Wires are of high standard and weigh a ton.
Following is the list of the equipment purchased -
Pioneer 7150 UB – National Market (Misrimal and Naveen)
Memphis Car Audio Components - 15-PRS6V2
Memphis Car Audio Co- axials - 15-PR693V2
Memphis Car Audio Woofer – 12” - 15-PR12S4V2
Memphis Car Audio 4 channel Amplifier
Memphis Car Audio 2 channel Amplifier
Auralogix 4 gauge complete wiring set with 2 RCA
Single din mask from Metro ford

Installation
Though I knew a good installer with whom I had worked with earlier, Anwar from Top gear came highly recommended for his clean install and more importantly, tuning.
Anwar has a large work area for installation with a small showroom (very rare) for his army of installers who pounced on the car removing half of my car parts. Damping with foam and waste (would have loved Noisekill) was properly done, sealed woofer box of 1.50 cf was prepared and rear tray was crafted.
After the entire installation, Anwar tuned the amplifiers and the HU to perfection bringing out the best from the set up. Then he made me sit in the car to find out my music preferences to further tune the HU. This guy works beautifully. My preferences were, I listen to Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Alan Parsons and 80’s pop.
Came back quite satisfied and have couple of tuning sessions in the coming week with the installer. I have been personally tweaking the equalizers to suit my taste and will keep experimenting in the coming days.

Excellent set up 1.6s. Nice narration as well. What's missing is the cost breakup :) of all individual components. And how much was the installation cost ?

Also, just curious to know why did you opt for Memphis for all parts (speakers, amp, sub). Am not saying it's bad, but the general tendecy is to go for a mixed config.

Lastly, How was your experience with flawless performance ? Do they have installation service also?

Congrats 1.6s, I hope you are enjoying your the drive as well as the music in it.

Drive safe and let us know how you feel about the sound quality of your setup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by torquarius (Post 2170395)
Excellent set up 1.6s. Nice narration as well. What's missing is the cost breakup of all individual components. And how much was the installation cost ?

Also, just curious to know why did you opt for Memphis for all parts (speakers, amp, sub). Am not saying it's bad, but the general tendecy is to go for a mixed config.

Lastly, How was your experience with flawless performance ? Do they have installation service also?

I read somewhere in the forum that the money we spend on the ICE makes us look like idiots.agree:. Nevertheless here's the MRP rates.

Pioneer 7150 UB – National Market (Misrimal and Naveen) - Rs 9500
Memphis Car Audio Components - 15-PRS6V2 - Rs 7990
Memphis Car Audio Co- axials - 15-PR693V2 - Rs 7990
Memphis Car Audio Woofer – 12” - 15-PR12S4V2 - Rs 7990
Memphis Car Audio 4 channel Amplifier - Rs 14990 for Street Edge
Memphis Car Audio 2 channel Amplifier - Rs 13000 for Street Edge
Auralogix 4 gauge complete wiring set with 2 RCA
- Rs 4500 including RCA's
Single din mask from Metro ford - Rs 450

I auditioned a full Memphis set up and a couple of mixed set ups (one with Infinity speakers, one with Boston speakers and another with JBL amps) and I personally liked the full Memphis set up (although it had an Alpine 9887).

The guys from Flawless Performance are young chaps who guided me with the set up without being pushy. Passionate ICE monkeys :D and friendly. Since they currently dont have an installer with them, they referred Anwar. But they do know couple of different installers for different budget.

BTW - 2 of my friends got their cars 'Memphasised' last weekend. Weekend well spent, I say.

Very rare to see an entire ICE setup made out of just one brand. This brand is relatively rare on tbhp, I think. Would look forward to your long term reviews of the setup.

What are the specs of the front components?

You made a great choice there. I am a big fan of the Memphis car audio systems and have seen several cars that enter low bass competitions use Memphis kits in the states and they are outstanding.

Money well spent and the car looks swell

Congratulation, @1.6S!

No fun in knowing the MRP, sir. How much did it cost you actually? Since you brought everything from them, the prices would have been entirely different from MRP. I am sure you will understand that if you are not able to declare the actual prices it gives the background of your thread an entirely different angle.

Well I didnt want to mention it earlier, but since someone brought it up, it would be good to know how much discount you availed on the items. The prices did look MRPd, as i had quotes on some of the stuff here for lower prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2172278)
Congratulation, @1.6S!

No fun in knowing the MRP, sir. How much did it cost you actually? Since you brought everything from them, the prices would have been entirely different from MRP. I am sure you will understand that if you are not able to declare the actual prices it gives the background of your thread an entirely different angle.

Guys chill. I got around 12% discount on the entire Memphis products mentioned. I totally spent around Rs 72,175 for the entire set up with fitting (12k).

Chill? :) I hope you realize (that was the intention of asking the question) that TBHP does not allow commercial publicity, directly or indirectly, of a product or brand. It is easy for a dealer to induce that by giving hefty discounts to the initial TBHP customer(s) to publicize a brand. Your thread sounded close to one, even if you did not have that in mind!

Now it is my turn to say "Chill, @1.6s"! :p

Yeah.
Right from the thread title, the contact numbers of the importer given, the OP's post count and more, this feels like a marketing thread.

I don't want to bash anybody here, but, YES, I felt the same way on reading this thread the first time. No offences to anybody, its a public forum, so, you can be wrong or right.
There is little that one can do in such situations.

But, keeping such discussions aside, your car does seem to be ICEed very nicely, installation looks good. I hope you have gone through the rules and regulations of the ICE forum.
I am particularly impressed by the Mid-bass of your component set. Looks nicely built, what material is the cone?

You must get damping done, I might as well in near future.

Hey! 12K for installation is tooooo high! I hope its a typo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 2172120)
Very rare to see an entire ICE setup made out of just one brand. This brand is relatively rare on tbhp, I think. Would look forward to your long term reviews of the setup.

What are the specs of the front components?

True. My previous Swift had a complete JBL unit with Sony HU. I prefer it that way. The front components specs are 6 1/2 inch, 50 rms, 88 db sensitivity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 2172968)
Chill? :) I hope you realize (that was the intention of asking the question) that TBHP does not allow commercial publicity, directly or indirectly, of a product or brand. It is easy for a dealer to induce that by giving hefty discounts to the initial TBHP customer(s) to publicize a brand. Your thread sounded close to one, even if you did not have that in mind!

Now it is my turn to say "Chill, @1.6s"! :p

Posting first thread. Already getting abused :deadhorse and accused. Nice initiation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 2173034)
Yeah.
Right from the thread title, the contact numbers of the importer given, the OP's post count and more, this feels like a marketing thread.

Being in the maketing field (Let me clarify, I have no links), just cant do it any other way. Its best to give all the information. Maybe after I get the HU seller's and Anwar's permission, Il post their number too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhipuru16 (Post 2173583)
I don't want to bash anybody here, but, YES, I felt the same way on reading this thread the first time. No offences to anybody, its a public forum, so, you can be wrong or right.
There is little that one can do in such situations.

But, keeping such discussions aside, your car does seem to be ICEed very nicely, installation looks good. I hope you have gone through the rules and regulations of the ICE forum.
I am particularly impressed by the Mid-bass of your component set. Looks nicely built, what material is the cone?

You must get damping done, I might as well in near future.

Hey! 12K for installation is tooooo high! I hope its a typo.

True 12k is high. Was skeptical. Though he's done a clean job. It includes damping, though its the foam kind and not the noisekill variety.

No matter how clean the job is especially as there are no custom speaker enclosures, 12k is a very high installation price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 2174773)
No matter how clean the job is especially as there are no custom speaker enclosures, 12k is a very high installation price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1.6s (Post 2174443)
True 12k is high. Was skeptical. Though he's done a clean job. It includes damping, though its the foam kind and not the noisekill variety.

Congrats 1.6s, the installs look neat.

I too recently got Memphis Components for my car and boy they sound sweet. The tweets were on the brighter side though and had to play around with the install locations to get them sound right, but overall very impressed with the details of the drivers.

Had it been any other installed 12K sure is on the higher side but Anwar is the best in BLR and so commands his premium. am sure he would have taken care of all damping etc and for the kind of stuff he does, 12K is a fair price. . What kind of Sub-enclosure have you put in? Sealed or Ported?

My only contention is if its a sealed box then you could have aswell gone for a fibre enclosure and Anwar would have done it within the same cost. The fibre enclosure would have given you a lot more space in your boot. Try talking to him and he might as well get it done.