Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 17:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE for A Safari LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
I have sourced two headrest monitors 9" from US ...
Would you put pictures of your headrest mount with screen here? I would like to see how it is there. For me I feel 9" is quite bigger. Last I heard 7" fits in headrest mount.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:42   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Would you put pictures of your headrest mount with screen here? I would like to see how it is there. For me I feel 9" is quite bigger. Last I heard 7" fits in headrest mount.
Sure Anuj would do that in acouple of days . I ams till waiting to finalize the Ice before I put them on . Well to be precise the headrests are something similar to rear seat headrests of Safari . The specs claim the screen size as 8.8" , not sure though . Shall keep posted in a shortwhile .
Old 26th January 2011, 12:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
... please help with the options for a 6 channel Amp ...
... DVD HU - Again the variants would be of help
* Let's avoid the 6-ch amp - very difficult to get in India. Put the rear (door) coaxials on the HU. Get a 4-channel amp and use it to drive the front components and the rear 6x9 coaxials. With proper tuning, all the speakers should be able to go decently loud
* Look at the JVC India website - any of the KD-DV series would do, depending on the facilities / features you need. Check if the model has at least 2 Pre-outs and Aux-in/USB
Old 26th January 2011, 21:22   #19
BHPian

yaar, safari/endevour/fortuner mein koi last row pe nahi baithta. unless you are sure that it's going to be used, i wouldn't recommend the rear 6x9 coax.

in passenger cars like qualis/innova/scorpio people use... safari guys r rich guys.
Old 26th January 2011, 23:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Amusing, @monty-bhai, but please don't generalize like that. "One man's meat is another's poison", as they say?
Old 28th January 2011, 11:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Amusing, @monty-bhai, but please don't generalize like that. "One man's meat is another's poison", as they say?
very true,

generally it's not a good idea to generalise. but even generalisations made by people contradict. on the one hand, you have 'slow and steady wins the race. on the other', 'time n tide wait for no man'. so that's meat, and poison or poison and meat... whichever way you look at it!!!
Old 4th February 2011, 11:47   #22
BHPian

After much of reasearch and much of help from the fellow BHP'ians finally have had the ICE-ing done .

The current configuration runs :
Sony Xplod - DVD -1606 - HU
JBL Components - GTO - 508 - Front
JBL Coax - 6*9 - Rear

I am happy with the performance, planning to get a Amp & a SUB fitted later . The 9 inches headrest monitors look real big even on Safari . Would be posting the pics shortly .
Old 12th February 2011, 19:05   #23
BHPian

Dear All,

After a lot of research, and appreciated/prompt response from Vicky.in I am (still) planning to go in for JVC KD-AV7100U. Price quoted 29k, though I will try and find a better quote.

Have a look :

Reason for going in for a 1 din In-dash is it solves my 3 purposes in a single utility:
  • Rear View camera ready
  • Navigation ready
  • DVD player
Only thing amiss is the in-built BT feature. Still trying to find a HU that will have all of this in 1 package @decent price. Suggestions welcome please- Budget close to 25k. How I wish Safari had space for a 2 Din system.

Cheers

Last edited by cutdcrap : 12th February 2011 at 19:10.
Old 18th February 2011, 15:47   #24
BHPian

Hi,

I'm curious to know what the final setup is. I have been in a similar situation a few months back when i wanted a DVD setup but couldnt really get convinced on the screen placement.

Does a popup screen on the player hamper gear shifting and/or changing tracks with the gear shift in 1st or 3rd gear? The roof mount screen was a big no for me because of the A/C vents outside of the roof and the headrest screens werent really good quality resolution (atleast the ones i saw).

Finally I settled in for a MP3 unit since the DVD units didnt really have a high powered 3 RCA setup. Took me 3 hours to realize you cant have best of both worlds . SQ was a big priority for me, the DVD was just going to be cartoon playing screens so it didnt hurt as much to make the switch of plans.
Old 26th February 2011, 22:29   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Hi,

I'm curious to know what the final setup is. I have been in a similar situation a few months back when i wanted a DVD setup but couldnt really get convinced on the screen placement.

Does a popup screen on the player hamper gear shifting and/or changing tracks with the gear shift in 1st or 3rd gear? The roof mount screen was a big no for me because of the A/C vents outside of the roof and the headrest screens werent really good quality resolution (atleast the ones i saw).

Finally I settled in for a MP3 unit since the DVD units didnt really have a high powered 3 RCA setup. Took me 3 hours to realize you cant have best of both worlds . SQ was a big priority for me, the DVD was just going to be cartoon playing screens so it didnt hurt as much to make the switch of plans.

Hi Amolpol,

After much deliberation, I finally settled with Pioneer DEH-9350SD. It is a 1 din HU with 4V pre-outs. Got Alpine SPR-17S Compos at front and Infinity Kappa 652.9i at the rear doors.
Old 28th February 2011, 00:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutdcrap View Post
Hi Amolpol,

After much deliberation, I finally settled with Pioneer DEH-9350SD. It is a 1 din HU with 4V pre-outs. Got Alpine SPR-17S Compos at front and Infinity Kappa 652.9i at the rear doors.
Thanks! Its pretty similar to what I settled in for in the end with an added mono amp and sub. I just wonder if the pop up screen is good enough to use in a safari. Tata really needs to work on the placement of the HU on the center console.
Old 1st March 2011, 09:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Thanks! Its pretty similar to what I settled in for in the end with an added mono amp and sub. I just wonder if the pop up screen is good enough to use in a safari. Tata really needs to work on the placement of the HU on the center console.
Thanks to my installer, I got a demo of the pop out screen. It was a pain if the car is in the 1st,3rd or 5th gear. Besides, I had to see a lot down to read the screen. So opted against it. Though he was hellbent on selling a 2-din, I opted for my Pioneer. Dare I say, I am loving the setup (as it is more focused on the front stage).

Amp and Sub will be 2nd stage. At this point, not really required.

Cheers
Old 1st March 2011, 14:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

How did he intend to mount the 2DIN unit in the Safari LX dash?
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How did he intend to mount the 2DIN unit in the Safari LX dash?
By fabricating the dash. The lighter and the ashtray goes out. Instead the whole 2 din cavity is created and a 2 din fits in. To wedge out the rough edges on the sides due to cutting, a rubber mount is put to conceal.
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:49   #30
Senior - BHPian

Tchah, that would be even worse with the shifter rod and it's boot obscuring the view, since the screen is lower by 1DIN than with a retractable screen when it is higher by 1DIN+.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks