Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 16:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Caska CA3610 vs. Motevo for a Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
dear Kiran,
check if your system has 3 pre outs. most of these caska/motevo units have only 2 pre outs which means the sound gets divided as left & right only. 3 preouts will give front ,rear and a subwoofer/center speaker provision. invariably most installers wire the sub to the rear pre-out and hook up front and rear door spkrs to the front channel alone. so your sound output is compromised.small things, but you will be able to tell only when you hear both side by side(2 pre outs vs.3 preouts with [all 4speakers and sub]). plus the processors on the CAska and Motevo are one generation older( just like the cars we get here in india!)
Thanks for your inputs friend. I did check recently (4 days ago) when I was getting the headrest monitiors integrated with my HU. The technician confirmed that there is a separate slot to hook the wire to the sub/centre speaker and that the unit came with the jacks specifically labelled Sub, cent that I have kept them safe at home and think of going for the subs and centre speaker option to enjoy 5.1 experience in the medium term.
Old 12th September 2011, 17:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
compared to a kenwood, Alpine or JVC/pioneer, these dont even come close in terms of sound quality, listening experience or finesse of sound.
also for 40K you get almost 80% of features and with good warranty and service backup for the branded ones.
+1, Alpine & Kenwood are far superior to Caska

@kirantp - My comments in BOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Hey dude. I disagree with your statement on the Caska HU here. Not sure on the Motevo as I have not seen it. However, there are many caska HU owners in the forum including me and not only I got to read good feedback on the HU but I am experiencing the good features that it has to offer.
Caska has lot of OE replacements options, usage of it does not void warranty, sole reason why its usually preferred by ppl. You would seldom see an audio enthusiast opting for Caska.

I agree with you that the OE speakers when integrated with the HU do not do justice to the quality of sound as the HU is high ended. But, once you upgrade the OE speakers to any of the brands which you have mentioned (I have upgraded my OE speakers to Alpine) you will be able to get the real feel of what CASKA can deliver.
Improvement in performance on replacing the OE HU with a Caska product and pairing them with speaker from brands like Alpine, Infinity, Focal etc is true in some cases (depending on the quality of OE HU). Now on the same setup replace the Caska HU with an Alpine or Kenwood HU and feel the difference. These HU's have latest generation DAC's from the likes of Burr-Brown and Wolfson, not sure what kinda DAC Caska's use. To know how important DAC's are read through this article The definitive guide to DACs | Bowers & Wilkins | B&W speakers , this is not referenced to car audio but nevertheless a good article on importance of DAC.

Also, to add to my few cents, I have got the warranty and bill for my Caska HU when I procured and installed the same from the dealer itself. If you go get them off market, they will cost you 10K less but they do not come with warranty and bill.
Right now in India, most car audio products are available with / without bill & warranty, choice is down to us. Had a look at your install thread, sorry for being so direct but IMO you have wasted 55k, but that doesnt matter much since its your car and your satisfaction counts more than anything else.

Last edited by donarun : 12th September 2011 at 17:52.
donarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 19:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
+1, Alpine & Kenwood are far superior to Caska

@kirantp - My comments in BOLD
@Donarun: Appreciate your response and providing valuable information on the DAC technology. I ran thru the link that you have referred and was impressed with the content as that would help me assimilate this to my knowledge base.

As I had mentioned earlier, my sole intention of going for CASKA was not only its performance but apart from that it was also due to the numerous OE replacement options that it offers without having to worry about breaching the warranty. Moreover, Honda has got into exclusive Tie-up with CASKA manufacturers so that the upcoming versions of Honda models will have in-built Caska HU in the near future. This solves most of our warranty issues so that we can peacefully start integrating the HU with all that it offers and much more.

Agreed that the other HUs may have an edge in the quality of sound that they produce when compared to Caska. However, at the same time, not all HUs offer all features under one roof that can be integrated with OE which will make us run around for add-ons to facilitate the same unlike Caska thereby a kind of trade off can be made as far as audio quality goes.

It all depends on individual choice like you rightly pointed out and for now I feel that I have got VFM by going with Caska considering the no worry tech support and warranty that the Honda people are coming with shortly.

Thanks again friend.

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 1st October 2011, 19:01   #19
anb
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I inquired about Caska at Chevrolet showroom in Cochin. It costs 65K. Is this available at a lower price from outside?
Old 1st October 2011, 19:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Hi everyone,
I inquired about Caska at Chevrolet showroom in Cochin. It costs 65K. Is this available at a lower price from outside?
In Bangalore the dealer had quoted only 50k with installation.
BurningHeart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:12   #21
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Hi everyone,
I don't know about Caska, but Motevo players are available in almost all car accessory shops in Pattom - Sreekariyam route in Trivandrum. Cost Rs 38k - Rs 41k including reverse camera.
I am also on the lookout to purchase one because of the features it provide.
Old 25th October 2011, 01:02   #22
BHPian

Anybody found these available in India now? The Motevo or the Caska?
Old 6th April 2012, 14:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi can anyone suggest HU for Verna 2008 model. I am at present using a single din Pioneer DEH 4190SD and would now like to upgrade to a double din unit that can fit properly in Verna !
Old 15th May 2012, 11:47   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Are there any online stores that sell Caska for Cruze at a reasonable price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks