Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2010, 12:01   #1
BHPian

Caska CA3610 vs. Motevo for a Cruze

Hey,

Could anybody let me know what's a better choice?..

Also, has anybody used either of these products in their Cruze already?
Do they work fine?.. No complications?.. Steering Controls still work?.. etc..

Motevo | Products | Current Product Range
vs.
Caska

Also, the cost. A guy at Opera house said he can order the Motevo for 40,000.

Thanks in Advance .
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:34   #2
BHPian

Re: Caska CA3610 vs. Motevo for a Cruze

Motevo products are also available directly from mapmyindia.com, though not listed on their website directly. However, you can get all information from their customer support number. The steering remote should work.Also buying directly from them or an authorised reseller may benefit you with better product support in the long run.
Old 23rd January 2011, 08:59   #3
BHPian

I am interested in a similar setup for SX4. Would be glad to know about motevo vs caska comparison

Last edited by aditya79india : 23rd January 2011 at 09:01.
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:02   #4
BANNED

Also you can get it for almost all brands from here.

For Cruze
Buy Chevrolet Cruze DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-CHEVROLET030]

Buy Chevrolet Cruze DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-CHEVROLET040]

For SX 4

Buy Suzuki SX4 DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-SUZUKI030]
Old 15th March 2011, 13:44   #5
BHPian

Okay, like Rs.7000 for Buy Chevrolet Cruze DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-CHEVROLET040] ??

How good can it be?
Old 15th March 2011, 14:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Err... how did you arrive at Rs. 7000 for that model? Minus freight and duty, SAR 3290 is ~Rs.22K.
Old 21st March 2011, 17:33   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
^^^ Err... how did you arrive at Rs. 7000 for that model? Minus freight and duty, SAR 3290 is ~Rs.22K.
Isn't SAR equivalent to almost twelve bucks now? So, SAR 3290 is almost 40K INR.
Old 4th April 2011, 23:23   #8
BHPian

Would adding these units be voiding the warranty in any way ? Does anyone have a snapshot of the caska unit (or otherwise) added on to their cruze - mobike ?
Old 8th August 2011, 23:11   #9
BHPian

My Friend has a small problem.
He has just purchased Cruze LTZ and wanted a system with remote.
The present OEM Unit has no remote and and works with steering mounted controls only.
This creates a problem for the passengers sitting in the rear and his car is mostly chauffeur driver.
The OEM Unit has lots of controls embedded in the stereo like parking assist, Remote Lock/Unlock etc which he would like to retain in a new system.
Budget is not a problem.
He has seen MapMyIndia In Dash Navigation System, it has a remote but it works for the DVD Only.
Any suggestions for a system which has a remote to operate the radio (Mainly Volume and Channels)?
Old 12th September 2011, 12:39   #10
BHPian

*Bump*

Is any Bhpian using Motevo product in their car? Need some feedback.

I checked on the same yesterday at Reliance AutoZone and their price a unit suitable to Swift is INR 38000/- (all inclusive). Online the price works out to $532.35 only, which is about INR 25000/-! Shipping is free!

Buy Suzuki Swift DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-SUZUKI020]

It would be great if someone can give feedback on this product.
Old 12th September 2011, 13:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
*Bump*

Is any Bhpian using Motevo product in their car? Need some feedback.

I checked on the same yesterday at Reliance AutoZone and their price a unit suitable to Swift is INR 38000/- (all inclusive). Online the price works out to $532.35 only, which is about INR 25000/-! Shipping is free!

Buy Suzuki Swift DVD/GPS Touchscreen [SSAS-SUZUKI020]

It would be great if someone can give feedback on this product.
if you guys are looking at plenty of features and average sound quality, you can go for either of them. but if you are going to plonk some serious money on a full complement-speakers,amp,good wiring kit,sound damping etc. to go with the HU(head unit) you are wasting your money here with these.
compared to a kenwood, Alpine or JVC/pioneer, these dont even come close in terms of sound quality, listening experience or finesse of sound.
also for 40K you get almost 80% of features and with good warranty and service backup for the branded ones.
motevo and caska are like chinese food. one hour later you start feeling if you ever ate!
sterlingjames is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 14:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post

motevo and caska are like chinese food. one hour later you start feeling if you ever ate!

I have a good ICE set-up in my car, its just that i am bored with the car as it 2.5yrs now. Hence, planning to do these minor upgrades to keep that fire burning.

I am looking at a display unit, which gives out good quality music and video and also supports navigation. Rear camera support is desirable, not a deal breaker though.
Old 12th September 2011, 14:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingjames View Post
if you guys are looking at plenty of features and average sound quality, you can go for either of them. but if you are going to plonk some serious money on a full complement-speakers,amp,good wiring kit,sound damping etc. to go with the HU(head unit) you are wasting your money here with these.
compared to a kenwood, Alpine or JVC/pioneer, these dont even come close in terms of sound quality, listening experience or finesse of sound.
also for 40K you get almost 80% of features and with good warranty and service backup for the branded ones.
Hey dude. I disagree with your statement on the Caska HU here. Not sure on the Motevo as I have not seen it. However, there are many caska HU owners in the forum including me and not only I got to read good feedback on the HU but I am experiencing the good features that it has to offer.

I agree with you that the OE speakers when integrated with the HU do not do justice to the quality of sound as the HU is high ended. But, once you upgrade the OE speakers to any of the brands which you have mentioned (I have upgraded my OE speakers to Alpine) you will be able to get the real feel of what CASKA can deliver. Recently, I have also got my headrest monitors fully integrated with the HU recently and the quality of video/audio is awsome.

Also, to add to my few cents, I have got the warranty and bill for my Caska HU when I procured and installed the same from the dealer itself. If you go get them off market, they will cost you 10K less but they do not come with warranty and bill.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post

I have a good ICE set-up in my car, its just that i am bored with the car as it 2.5yrs now. Hence, planning to do these minor upgrades to keep that fire burning.

I am looking at a display unit, which gives out good quality music and video and also supports navigation. Rear camera support is desirable, not a deal breaker though.
go for a kenwood 4038(Rs.20k)with BT(Rs.32k) with MMI nav black box(for navigation-Rs.). or a JVC 836 with MMI black box. throw in a 4 ch amp(more for sound refinement than increased power)(Rs.4-6k) and component speakers(Rs.7-9k) and a good wiring kit(Rs.2-4k).it will rival a mini theatre! if you need a li'l extra thump, add a 2ch(Rs.4k) or a mono amp(Rs.12k) and a 8" or 10"(Rs.6-7k) rear tray mounted subwoofer.you'll be really happy with these and you can carry it over to the next car when you upgrade.just checked, kenwood 4038 has only 2 pre-outs so wouldnt want to try that one!

Last edited by sterlingjames : 12th September 2011 at 15:20.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:19   #15
BHPian

dear Kiran,
check if your system has 3 pre outs. most of these caska/motevo units have only 2 pre outs which means the sound gets divided as left & right only. 3 preouts will give front ,rear and a subwoofer/center speaker provision. invariably most installers wire the sub to the rear pre-out and hook up front and rear door spkrs to the front channel alone. so your sound output is compromised.small things, but you will be able to tell only when you hear both side by side(2 pre outs vs.3 preouts with [all 4speakers and sub]). plus the processors on the CAska and Motevo are one generation older( just like the cars we get here in india!)

Last edited by sterlingjames : 12th September 2011 at 15:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks