Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 21:38   #1
BHPian

Help finding the original pioneer TS-A6963e

My friend told me to find a buyer for his one month old pioneer TS-A6963e since he sold his car. He had bought it for 2750/-. One of the buyer took the speaker
to a dealer and the dealer told that it is gray stuff since it had gray colored cone material and a new one cost only 1800/- . Is it true. Was my friend duped in the first place. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the link to the original posting.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...63E-300W.html/

Really appreciate any help.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help finding the original pioneer TS-A6963e

The dealer is pulling a fast one. Ask some other dealer for the price specifically of this model. A genuine Pio 6x9 is unlikely to be 1800.

Where did your friend buy it from? Did he check with the same dealer how much he will buy it back for?
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
My friend told me to find a buyer for his one month old pioneer TS-A6963e since he sold his car. He had bought it for 2750/-. One of the buyer took the speaker
to a dealer and the dealer told that it is gray stuff since it had gray colored cone material and a new one cost only 1800/- . Is it true. Was my friend duped in the first place.
The quantity of fakes and grey market goods in India is huge. Many of the fakes are so good that unless you are part of the trade you will not be able to tell the fake from the orginial.

Only an authorised and reputed Pioneer dealer or distributor willbe able to tell the fake from the original. The photo in the link doe not give us (or atleast me) adequate information.
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:28   #4
BHPian

Thanks a lot DerAlte and navin. I knew I would find help here. Navin that photo is not the original one. I pulled it off the net. Could not get a clear photo from my camera.

I did some searching around and found various price 2300, 2900, 3000.

On further asking they did tell that these are grey stuff and they themselves are providing the warranty for these.

The quality of these are obvious to even naked eyes. Some of them have gum oozing between the cone and the surrounding rubber, some have the connector wire (the silver colored wire from the woofer to the tweeter) bent and folded in all possible shapes.

Unfortunately my friend is abroad and cant help much till he come back next month.

The speaker I have has got a very good finish, the wires are correctly folded and there is good joints of the cone.

I hope it is not a long post. Thanks for your help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks