Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 13:36   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Using Home Audio speaker components in a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
[ I'm designing the cross-over under open baffle model and hence I fail to understand why you suggest not to use this one.
Quote:
I have the other Vifa D27 which is with face plate. But, I wana make use of it somehow as the tweeter is reasonably good. My earlier cross-over design is based on that tweeter and dayton RS150 woofer.
bhatmaster.

While the D27 (is it the aluminum dome or textile dome) series of tweeters are good tweeters and will perfrm so in a car they were not designed to be used in a car. The face plate needs to be pried of but you must take care not to get any metal dust in the gap. For the D27TG45 I could pry it off carefully using alternately a flat screwdriver and a pair of pliers. I have not tried this on the AG series but have heard the AG35.

as far as the RS150 goes open bafle is not the same as the leaky car door. A leaky car door is more similar to aperiodic but without the control over box losses (QL).
Old 18th January 2011, 18:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hence I fail to understand why you suggest not to use this one.
Ok. Good luck!
Old 18th January 2011, 22:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

You could use the RS150 in a sealed enclosure however it will lack the low end response off the midbass. Also, the driver has steep roll-off above 2khz. You will probably need a tweeter that could be crossed lower.
Old 19th January 2011, 10:03   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
You could use the RS150 in a sealed enclosure however it will lack the low end response off the midbass. Also, the driver has steep roll-off above 2khz. You will probably need a tweeter that could be crossed lower.
The D27TG45 can be used as low as 2500Hz/12db, the D25AG35 needs a higher crossover point.
Old 19th January 2011, 10:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The D27TG45 can be used as low as 2500Hz/12db, the D25AG35 needs a higher crossover point.
I would also suggest Vifa XT25SC90, a ring radiator tweeter that can be crossed at 12db 2khz and has pretty flat response upto 20khz when playing on axis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks