Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 09:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for GETZ GLS.

Guys/Gurus, I am bumping into an old thread here since this was the closest to my issue.

I own a Getz Prime GLS which is running on Pioneer HU (4190 SD I guess), JBL Comps, Sony Xplod 2Chl Amp, Bull Audio Rear speakers and Sony Xplod 10" Sub at the rear.

I need your expert advise on the following:

- I am not a big fan of loud music and I prefer the effects to stay inside the Car. So, should I go in for 4 Channel amp for better clarity or change the Speakers?

- The Xplod Sub I have at the rear uses a conventional box and seems to be eating into the boot. Is there an Economical yet effective Sub that you can suggest which would also save me some boot space but more importantly is lighter ?

- The most annoying issue I have is the Wooden plank that houses the rear speakers squeaks continuosly on uneven roads but is silent on regular tarmac. Can you guys please suggest a fix/workaround for this? It really get extremely annoying in otherwise a Silent car.

PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE ISSUES AS I AM UNABLE TO GET A CONVINCING SOLUTION ALL THIS WHILE.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for GETZ GLS.

The simplest change you can make is
- Replace the 2 channel amp with a 4 channel one
- Connect the front component to 2 channels of this amp
- Leave the rear speakers connected to the HU
- Bridge the other 2 channels of the amp and drive the sub from it
- Tune the system so that you have a balanced output

The squeaking from the plank will go away if you stick strips of rubber (old tube strips will do) wherever the plank meets plastic or metal parts of the car.

EDIT: Since 2-channel amp will not get you much by way of resale value, just add the 4 channel to drive the front components and the rear speakers - will make a world of difference, since you can individually tune and balance the front, rear and sub outputs

Last edited by DerAlte : 5th October 2011 at 11:03.

Most Viewed