Endevour 7 6.93%
Octavia 13 12.87%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:07   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

there seems to be an overwhelming response to the swift sam , but id say otherwise.. If u look at the swift from the rear, the size of the rear glass seems too less and the metal portion of the dicky extends to far high .. If u wanna show the 15'' i think it will be hard (as in from the rear one certainly cant see ur subs, i doubt it even from the sides bcoz of its design ).. Palio has the perfect looks , and looks like a muscle car too .. No other car that u have mentioned comes close .. This is my personal opinion , either u get a muscle car to do all this like a skoda , dicor ,endevour etc or stick to the eyeballer itself ..

navin im not quite sure we are going to see an SQ car this time around from JBL as sam has mentioned it wanting to be indias loudest car .. Btw talking of SQ cars one must visit the auto expo to hear the hertz demo cars .. Just hope i can wriggle out my problems and get to the expo in time ..
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect
My opinion.

None of these mentioned vehicles has the character of being the loudest machine.
Once the Stereo is installed it WILL have the required "character"!
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:16   #33
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...cool-look.html

Sam in case you need some inspiration.
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:36   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I know the Sail is outdated etc but this car is being built to show case SPL (and maybe even SQ).

The Sail is probably the best built hatch. It wont rattle at 100db (with damping and other treatment it might not rattle at all) so it is a good platform.
One can get a used Sail cheap. So that leaves more budget for the audio.
The sail's nice and solid. But doesnt look like it has the oomph for this job navin. I dunno... Navin yaar, what budget for Audio? See who you're talking to. FULL Ghar ki kheti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
What is happening to the Palio?
I've knocked it off. Sorry guys, the decision had to be made and we made it in a hurry. It was by far - the fastest palio on TBHP and I have witnesses to prove it
To all of those that were promised a drive in the "eyeballer" i promise you a drive in the ummm... I dont have a name, uska bhi poll karenge.
But it's going to be a proper Team-BHP car I promise you. I'm verrrry excited about it. The first car to be properly designed on Team-BHP. Each one of you will have a small part in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Ford Endeavour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Dicor
Quote:
astra, a used celica/supra/san storm(extreme).
The idea of an SUV sounds nice too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix
a used mondeo or an sonata sam?
I want a hatch. See guys you are all thinking of sitting and driving and enjoying the car. I also have to think of the fact this this is a JBL car. When it's parked, there will be 50 people at a time trying to see the system. I cant make them all sit inside. I need a hatch i can open, then everyone sees inside and makes ooohh...aaahhh.. hell etc etc.
PLUS I need SPL so I need a small car, I'm aiming at 149 to 150dB. A big car will make that difficult. Boys - I'm putting CROWN. The electricals wont let me put too many amps. It's going to be one crown for the subs and one baby crown for the comps. Thats it. 2 Amps. I need a small car.
San storm... I'm honestly afraid the bodywork will fall apart. Plus isnt that a convertible? Equipment chori ho jayega.
Nahi guys, it's gotta be a hot hatchback. Cant buy used or imported. Tax writeoffs, deductions, A&P expenses, depreciation etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
C'mon Sam, you KNOW you want the Skoda RS.
I have a good idea who's RS we're referring to here amigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
You want to make a statement - Get a multi-coloured Swift. And with the rear seats out, it sure will have room for your jet engines...oops....sub woofers.
I'm honestly veering stongly towards a swift. So far my feeling is to buy a new hatch and strip the paint off on the first day (I can see all of you cringing), get 17" wheels, low profile tyres, touring kit, mean exhaust, major custom decals. The car will be completely designed using tum logon ka input. Since you guys are the gurus in all this stuff.
Internally I will need to rip the whole car apart. Electrically we will probably enlist engineers from Bosch or Lucas. We're looking at 3 batteries so far and a charging system to match.
So let's keep this going for a few days. When the decision is made for the car, the next poll will be for a new base colour. Red may be nice, but this cars gotta be a colour you dont get anywhere.but THAT we will discuss in a bit.
NO jet engines.... we threw all that out. New design new feel new look, however same model subwoofers, new enclosure. No "jet engines" or "eye*****" this time.
Uska bhi poll karenge!
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:45   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

I've knocked it off. Sorry guys, the decision had to be made and we made it in a hurry. It was by far - the fastest palio on TBHP and I have witnesses to prove it
To all of those that were promised a drive in the "eyeballer" i promise you a drive in the ummm... I dont have a name, uska bhi poll karenge.
But it's going to be a proper Team-BHP car I promise you. I'm verrrry excited about it. The first car to be properly designed on Team-BHP. Each one of you will have a small part in it.
fastest palio on tbhp ??
yes we agree .. We are the witnesses to it ..

PROPER TBHP CAR ??

without engine vengine mods it can never be !!!! So u better do something about it if u wanna keep up ur promise ..
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:16   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The first car to be properly designed on Team-BHP. Each one of you will have a small part in it.
You bet I am EXCITED!!! The gesture is much appreciated, Sam

GTO
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:37   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The sail's nice and solid. But doesnt look like it has the oomph for this job navin. I dunno... Navin yaar, what budget for Audio? See who you're talking to. FULL Ghar ki kheti. ...I have a good idea who's RS we're referring to here amigo
Hey. My RS is striclty SQ (given the budget). Not even SQL. However with Sam is contributing 2 Crown Amps...hmm....nah. The paint job will make it look to darn "forward". I like my plain laid back non-descrip look.

Swift is your common sense option Sam. Sail was an option for pure SQ audio.

The Swift too might fall apart at 150db. Maybe Scorpio. I know it is bigger but you could get there as your speaker cabs could be bigger hence more efficient. You have to consider the whole package. check out this Bronco...
http://www.teamgates.org/bronco_2004.html
http://www.teamgates.org/mike_bartells.html
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:23   #38
BHPian

Quote:
my friend, I think being the loudest AUDIO system is a character i will lovingly instill or install. I dont give a hoot for the machine really.
I meant the look of the car.
After installing the Audio stuff both the car and the system should be an eye catcher. It's just a suggestion. i didn't mean that the character of a car will change on installing the audio.
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:41   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually,
if you look at the DICOR again, you can see 200db of possible sound.
But you still want small.
Hmmm...
Damn, Swift and Sail are the only appealing ones.
Can picture an electric blue (dadudes colour) Swift/Sail with 16"/17" rims, bodykit, interior and underbody neons.
Maybe a modified twin cam suzuki engine too for the swift.
But that all is upto you.
I would actually go for the Sail, pain it electric blue, ask one of the car designers here to get a specific bodykit for the car made, copy of one of the UK ones. BLING rims and an ICE system configured by you would finish it off.
maybe a bit of tinkering under the hood.
Can some mod please change my vote from Swift to Sail?
Thanks.
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:49   #40
Team-BHP Support

and ofcourse Sam you should check these organizations too.
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newslett...ompetition.htm
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:56   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Actually,
if you look at the DICOR again, you can see 200db of possible sound.
wwwhhhhoooaaaaa .. Im sure sam would want to do that if possible , but i think touching 200 db is practically too far fetched right now be it any place in the world .. 150-160 is what we should theoretically be looking at ..
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

You could also consider the soon to be launched Aveo hatch ..
It promises space .. more than the Swift.
IMO it looks kinda dull in stock form (from whatever scoop snaps are available) .. but then therein lies the challenge .. if you could make it look hot, then it would draw the crowds ..
Build quality should be good ..
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:00   #43
Team-BHP Support

180db+ has been done. 200db can be done. with some imagination one can do any db one desires. the question remains if the sound would be listenable. I found the eyeballer not to my taste but then I would not consider my tastes "normal".
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:11   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Mclaren,
200db is theoretically possible in the Safari but i guess practically it would be around 150-170db.
The aveo may take some time coming and if i am not mistaken, sam wants the car asap.
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:17   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Mclaren,
200db is theoretically possible in the Safari but i guess practically it would be around 150-170db.
well theoretically anything is possible like navin said .. Right now i think the world record is some 179 . xx (though i might be wrong on this) .. navin can u confirm.. But practically i dont think it can be done as we need a car that can hold such levels , and giving the build quality of a lot of vehicles we have here in india ; well lets just wait and see what sam does this time around .. Didnt the eyeballer clock 147.xx if im not wrong ..

theoretically we can have a car that clocks 1500 bhp on a dyno, but how practical is it to get tht kind of power to the wheels , this just happens to be one such case ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd January 2006 at 15:25.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed