Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2006, 19:11   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
tata 207
I love the idea. Always loved the sports truck idea with woofers filled up in the bed. It has been done in the US and looks and sounds positively fantastic.

But security? Do I create a hard cover snap on for the bed? Do I transport the hard cover around? Dirt? Cross city driving with expensive equipment in an oopen bed? Direct sunlight on the electronics and woofers? Do I have to end everything in a question mark?
Old 3rd January 2006, 19:19   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I love the idea. Always loved the sports truck idea with woofers filled up in the bed. It has been done in the US and looks and sounds positively fantastic.

But security? Do I create a hard cover snap on for the bed? Do I transport the hard cover around? Dirt? Cross city driving with expensive equipment in an oopen bed? Direct sunlight on the electronics and woofers? Do I have to end everything in a question mark?
sam it surely is a fantastic idea.. What u can do is make a body kit for the rear with hydraulic lifters so that at a show u can the public the works by just a press of a button.. and im sure u will do a fab job with the install .. So the innovations has got to come only for the desinging of the 207 such that u can save ur equipment from theft , sunlight etc..

another good option would be a station wagon like the baleno altura, the indigo marina , etc ... U will get loads of space to do ur install with aplomb ...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd January 2006 at 19:20.
Old 3rd January 2006, 21:20   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

Dear sam,(sounds like an email )
why do you think i stated that you have such great resources.Surely Arush or anyone could do something for you.You could get the hard cover to split into two and open sideways.2 layers-1 transparent and 1 opaque.Cant elaborate anymore coz my net bill is 4k and im not supposed to be on this site!!!

binz

ps:will i get to drive
Old 3rd January 2006, 23:44   #64
Team-BHP Support

Sam with cars like the Dicor or 207 the larger box volume will allow for more sensitive speakers and hence you can still get the 150+ db.

Also there is no need to buy an RS. Any used Octy will do. If you need more power use Pete's tuning box.
Old 3rd January 2006, 23:58   #65
BANNED

sam as i have been telling right from the beginning , think out of the box .. What more u need, a never before done project ever in india .. Good enough to achieve 150 db + as u have no budget constraints for the bling and bang .. Something that no one else would ever or will ever think of doing.. This project should look as a weird A#S to leave the jaws of millons of fans wide dropped .. Isnt that something that u want , isnt that something that u would like to achieve .. I see no reason why u shouldnt do up a tata 207 for this very simple reason ..
Old 4th January 2006, 00:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Tata 207/Telcoline with lowered suspension, hydraulics, blinged 20" wheels, custom black and orange paint job...Sameer uncle, when do I get to drive it??!!

Sam, seriously, if you are leaning towards the 207, but are worried about security for the bay, there are some beautiful automatic opening hoods that are used on SUVs in the US. The hood is split down the middle lengthwise...looks pretty hot.

Last edited by v1p3r : 4th January 2006 at 00:15.
Old 4th January 2006, 00:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

Definitely a Swift! And do let me know how much the total 'investment' is excluding donor car. I would like to have a replica of ur model in chennai and since i'm not creative,i'll leave the job to u.
Old 4th January 2006, 00:48   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Definitely a Swift! And do let me know how much the total 'investment' is excluding donor car. I would like to have a replica of ur model in chennai and since i'm not creative,i'll leave the job to u.
hhmm .. i think sam spent atleast 4.5 lakhs for the eyeballer , now that he has promised us a better, even more hatke of a car i expect nothing less than a couple of lakhs more to what he spent on the eyeballer ..

nitrous anna , if u have won a lottery keep the money safe we are coming to chennai for the track day .. U could spend it on us .. hehe ..
Old 4th January 2006, 09:35   #69
Team-BHP Support

1. there is always a budget. no one but Mr. Gates and Mr. Buffet is made of money.
2. Since the car is being renovted a used car can suffice. Especially with everyone one and their mother driving the car a rugged car like the 207 or Octy might even survive better.
3. Doing 150db+ in a car not difficult. For guys like Sam and JB/Gunbir it might even be termed as easy. Remember these SPL figures are weighted so not really an accurate indication of the sound quality. I'd like to see a car that sounds good from 85db to 110db but then if wishes were horses....
Old 4th January 2006, 10:07   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Doing 150db+ in a car not difficult. For guys like Sam and JB/Gunbir it might even be termed as easy. Remember these SPL figures are weighted so not really an accurate indication of the sound quality. I'd like to see a car that sounds good from 85db to 110db but then if wishes were horses....
Well, Alan Dante just did 176 dB off one sub + one amp in Extreme 1 this past weekend. Sure we can do big numbers in SPL but why... I go for SQ and I like it loud, but I really dont get the whole SPL thing.

TO me SPL is like any guiness recod stunt, like carrying 200 plates on your head, or having the longest moustache in the world... There is no need for it, but some people will do it just cuz they can. At the end of the day, its a sport and has nothing to do with music.

Last edited by gunbir : 4th January 2006 at 10:12.
Old 4th January 2006, 11:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the octy, and totally agree with what Gunbir said, that loudness is a sport, not music.
Old 4th January 2006, 11:12   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, its not like I'm looking at a horn loaded full SPL machine with zero sq guys, kyaa yaar.
Let me think about the 207, Arush can you make something like that hydraulic thingy opening etc?
Old 4th January 2006, 12:45   #73
Senior - BHPian

You know....a 42'' plasma screen will fit into the bay of the 207.Talk about bad ass!!!!....Imagine a plasma that rolls up at the push of a button connected to a ps2 playing nfs:mw.Talk about out of the box!!The only problem is the ac to dc conversion to run the tv on the car's battery.
@viper-split hoods look amazing and will look killer on this if its done!!.
@sam-even if you dont do a 207,please dont pimp up an octavia coz the one i heard at vaahan yatra sounded trash;the car became so hot,everything was vibrating and the sound was horrible.I think it was lightening audio.

binz

edit:could the mods please change my vote from the swift to the 207

Last edited by binz : 4th January 2006 at 12:47.
Old 4th January 2006, 13:43   #74
Senior - BHPian

Sam, remote controlled hydraulic shocks for the cover opening could be done. But im not in a favor of a 207 coz:

1. You will have to do up a lot on bodywork, it wont look good until its almost a full conversion on the body. Full body work is not too successful in long and strenous driving which goes against the idea of the demo car touring all over the country.

2. The bed of the 207 is wayy too high, even with the openings i think itll be very inconvinient for people to look at the equipments coz itll mostly be placed horizontally.

If it has to be a big car im reminded of the Safari that was done up by Sony, i think it looked pretty good with the huge vertical view inside the car with the door open (or completely removed during auto shows). You can get a second hand one for a decent price too.
Old 4th January 2006, 16:05   #75
Team-BHP Support

want a tough car...get your hands on a used Shaktiman! :-)

autopsyche, since you have more experience than most here in modding a car what car would you suggest.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks