Octavia 13 12.87%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:43   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

JBL Eyeballer being put to rest

Hi Guys!

This is a Poll! But have no idea how to start a poll - moddies please help karo.

As the title decides, it's time for the Eyeballer to RIP. I need to decide on India's next loudest car, in a month. Please help me choose, my brothers by offering your valuable opinions. Remember I'm looking at a hatch, ripping out the seats etc etc and doing my usual stuff with the body etc. Please dont worry too much about the engine-vengine (Sorry Bangy boys, We're not building a racer here, yes we did masti with the Palio, but it was to make NOISE, it just happened to be fast, but that wasnt our point!)

Chalo start voting fast fast.

1) Suzuki Swift
2) Hyundai Getz
3) Ford Fusion
4) Wait for another new hot hatchback
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Swift as its a very popular hatch out on the roads. Also its got some COTY awards as well.
Btw, is turbo indica too "desi" to be considered?
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:05   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

if u want to make a statement then think out of the blue sam , something hatke .. I hope u were told of the weird plan a few bangy members had in mind ( hint hint : a psychotic car ).. If not let me remind u again.. But wait a sec , chalo leave it da .. Im not talking .. Saala has totally forgotten us , doesnt even pick up our calls or reply to sms .. Itna busy kya sam ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd January 2006 at 17:07.
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Swift already done by Zareer. Think out of the box, which is an option you should have here... had to vote for 4 because it's the closest. Happy sonicking!!!
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:19   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Think out of the box!!!
Hehe... then go for that thing that we love to hate so much. The Bajaj Three Wheeler Autorickshaw!!! Or, one of those motorcyle driven three wheeled thingies that used to do the rounds in Old Delhi/Chandni Chowk areas.
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:23   #6
BHPian

Swift should do nicely. But the Fusion has more space and you can cram more speakers/amps inside.
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Wait for the Optra hatch ..
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:29   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yes zareer has worked on the swift , gunbir and JB on a getz, ford fusion is not appealing enough ..
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:32   #9
Team-BHP Support

Sam, it HAS to be the Swift man. It just has the looks to go with what you want. Only (serious) problem may be interior space and the limited visibility to the rear. Afterall, you do want people to see what you're running back there!
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Swift it is...since you havent mentioned Fiesta. The car has to be something people can identify with - popular and common. The Swift fits the bill perfectly, besides being more of an eyeballer with potential for cosmetic mods to further improve appeal.

A RED Swift with 18" wheels, low profile tyres, imaginative paintjob and some colourful interiors. Get the black plastic covered with some bright paint. See the "Dubai Auto Show Pics Part II" thread for the colorfully done up Smart in the ICE section.

Remove rear seats from the demo car to take care of the space issue.

And dont forget to add some self-propelled eye candy as well.
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:49   #11
BHPian

Swift is the hottest hatch for sometime to come (excluding performance that is), even if optra hatch is launched. More people will identify with it than any other hatch in present/near future. And with rear seats removed, I think there should be ample space for the sonic stuff!!...
Old 2nd January 2006, 17:58   #12
BHPian

Swift it has to be! Its got that muscular look to complement all the eqipment that'll go in it!
Old 2nd January 2006, 18:13   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Itna busy kya sam ..

Never chotey. I miss you lots.

Guys this is terrific, keep em coming. Thanks to all of you for your time and inputs. I assure you I'm gonna follow all of this properly. So far its looking like the swift.

Dont worry about it being done before. This one will be something no ones done before.
About the 18", steer, are you sure i can upsize to 18 and be able to drive on indian roads?
The swift is very workable guys, i may also remove the passenger seat, leaving just one seat in the car. This time it's gonna be twin crown amps.
Old 2nd January 2006, 18:16   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually if someone has another option to mine, please mention it, i can request RT to add it to the poll.
And once again, dont worry if someone's worked on this model, it's going to be really nice the new demo car. And different, no holds barred, no expenses curbed.

And its going to carry a TBHP decal as well, so come on guys! This one depends on you. ALL OF YOU! Even the Non ICE buggers!keep the votes coming.
Old 2nd January 2006, 18:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

i think you should work upon the swift.but if your not in a hurry then the optra hatch.check that out too.

Rev
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks