Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 10:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: TS-200 Universal Steering Remote Mini Review

Finally received the fresh piece yesterday in the evening, and this time it worked. Initially I tried it with JVC DVD code but it started working only after putting in JVC Audio code.

Few buttons on the remote are of no use, like F4, Ent, A, B, C, at least these are not doing anything in case of my HU. Mounting provided with remote is pretty decent and looks sturdy.

Few picture of the same:
Attached Thumbnails
TS-200 Universal Steering Remote Mini Review-photo0004.jpg  

TS-200 Universal Steering Remote Mini Review-photo0005t.jpg  

Old 7th March 2011, 13:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

I was going to go ahead and buy one for my Scorpio stock HU. Its also a kenwood HU.
@Smsrini: Apart from the C mute button other functions work ok with your HU?
Old 7th March 2011, 14:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^C-mute is the code for kenwood HU, if remote is not taking it, the remote is not going to work for the HU.
Old 22nd March 2011, 10:36   #19
BHPian

Got the TS-200 for my Alpine Head Unit (CDA-105). The box packaging of the remote looked suspect. The box was crushed and it seemed like the contents inside the box were put together in hurry.

However, the basic functions of the remote (Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Source, Radio mode and Power) works for the head unit. After mounting on the steering, discovered that the range is limited and the remote does not work during turns.

However, must say its quite handy!

Last edited by kaushikr : 22nd March 2011 at 10:38.
Old 22nd March 2011, 12:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikr View Post
that the range is limited and the remote does not work during turns.

However, must say its quite handy!
Even I am facing the same issue, the range is really limited, even if the steering is slightly turned remote doesn't work. Still I feel that its pretty okay for the kind I have paid for it.
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I was going to go ahead and buy one for my Scorpio stock HU. Its also a kenwood HU.
@Smsrini: Apart from the C mute button other functions work ok with your HU?

Got a replacement from Sandeep, and this remote is working ok. Accepted the C-MUTE code for Kenwood and I'm able to change the mode ( CD, Aux, tuner, BT, Standby ), Volume up/down, track fwd/back, Mute.

Having similar range issues, but yet to try while driving. buttons need getting used to.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Half the buttons on remote has gone kaput, replaced it with an original JVC steering remote, which I should have got at the very first place.
Old 12th October 2011, 16:35   #23

Need your help in configuring it to the stock HU of Xylo. HU is similar to that of scorpio. Unable to connect with the kenwood codes..
Old 31st October 2011, 09:41   #24
knp
BHPian

Hi Friends, I had bought one from Sandeep, but it's not working for my Pioneer P2390 double din dvd player. Has anyone faced issues in pairing with Pioneer? Appreciate your suggestions, please.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:21   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
I had been using the Pioneer CD-SR100 steering remote for almost a year and was possibly the most useful ICE accessory i had. However, on a in a fit of cleaning enthusiasm by my car cleaning chap, the clips on the steering clamp broke and the remote was now very loose on the steering and if you use it to change the volume the remote would simply fall off causing, well lets just say you would not like to catch a falling remote while negotiating rush hour pedder road traffic.

So the hunt began for a new SR-100, but as luck would have it these little remotes are notoriously hard to find, sometimes they are abundantly in stock where they are available for as low as Rs. 800 -1000 or they are just obscenely priced for Rs. 1600-1800. I would have bought the MPR-999, but i was not in a mood to spend 2K on it.

On this particular wasted Wednesday (wasted because I was in office on a bank holiday) and looking through Team-Bhp classifieds, I stumbled upon a listing by fellow bhpian sandeepsahni's listing of the TS-200 remote in the classified sections. It was priced quite reasonably at Rs.700+ shipping so on a whim i decided to buy it.

Well i received it promptly the next day, here are some pics of the box and the remote itself.
The remote is not the learning type (aka. MPR999) but actually has the codes of various remotes which need to be programmed in the remote before you can use it. The codes are mentioned on the user pamphlet which comes on the box.
The remote actually is slightly bigger than the Pioneer SR 100, but the build quality is not as good as the pioneer. The volume, fwd,back, Ent and power buttons are back lit which is a plus point, but the buttons themselves are not as plush in feel as the SR100 is.
The biggest thing to get used to is the change in position of the volume buttons. On the pioneer one they just felt so ergonomic and natural that getting used to this setup would be a pain. The TS 200 mimics all the pioneer functions including the ones it does not have like ability enter the browse mode for the folders on the flash drives and play lists etc on the ipod.

The clamp mechanism on the other hand feels better built than the pioneer's but that is something only time will tell.

Overall for its price its a VFM buy.

Cheers
Sid
@ siddharthdeb, I have installed Pioneer F HP6050UB head unit and am unable to configure the TS200 steering remote. I am using the code C-A for recognition, but nothing happens after 2 LED blinks. U seem to be using it with the same arrangement. Request help in case you have used some other codes.

Many thanks.
Old 16th January 2012, 15:22   #26
BHPian

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. The code you have mentioned is correct. However mine has stopped working so cant test it again.

Try it with a different HU of it works.

Siddharth
Old 26th January 2012, 19:06   #27
BHPian

Is this product likely to work with old cd based HU's of Sony ?
I am thinking of ordering one unit.
Old 20th May 2012, 12:22   #28
BHPian

Any response on how this remote works with a Pioneer HU? I have just installed a Pioneer MVH 1490UB and am planning on getting one of these..
Old 20th November 2012, 15:18   #29
BHPian

Apologies for bumping an old thread. Can some one confirm if this will work with the stock HU in Indica Vista, mine is the older HU without Bluetooth and yes its a Clarion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks