Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 15:26   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
Sir,

Yesterday I sent my Superb for a service to Autobahn & they voided my 'W' cause, I wanted to get Mobile 1 installed in my car....

I have changed the Rims - 17" Alloys - Sparco Pista by OZ Racing
I have also changed the Tyres to Continental Extreme Contact DW - 205.40.17
I have changed the Air Filter to a K & N with custom air intake.
I have changed the Exhaust to a Cat Back - 100 % Stainless Steel 'free flow'

I still need to order the Suspension - KW from Germany & the only this O/S is rear disc brakes. This is very much needed. This car just does not stop.

The ECM Re-Map too is O/S/
No one can do it. The ECM is MM & Made in India, so there is no code for it. Will have to wait & see what can be done on that front....

But the Shell Supersyn which Skoda uses is as good if not better than Mobil1.

Where did you order the tyres and alloys from? Tirerack?

I saw the K&N today, had gone to finish of little last bits on my car. Looked well done with the custom heatsheild.

Did you try speaking to zakie for the remap? I had posted a link for you on the other thread.

Quote:
OK

I heard your Accord.
Sounded nice.
The seats too were good.
You sure you heard my car? If you were the gentleman who came in the Superb then I left just a couple mins after you came. Maybe you head the Civic Ajay was tuning.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:33   #32
BHPian

I am not so sure, what it was;
You may be right.
The one I heard was a black Honda with beige leather seats & Alpine HU. May not be your car.
Yes, I came in a Superb.

My Tyres & Alloys were ordered by 4S Auto through Tire Rack. The freight just kills. 750 US $'s ++ on the shipping. Absolute madness.

p.s. I mailed Zakie & he replied & I wrote back 2 times, but no follow up... Is he from Sri Lanka ? Where does he work ? How to meet him ? His work is good ?
Old 25th February 2011, 15:44   #33
BHPian

Post deleted. Please post again without any slang and talking against any community. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th February 2011 at 18:06.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Are the Dynaudio components 2 way or 3 way? And will they run active since you will be using a 9855?

Since you are doing so much FG work, you also want to consider moving the mid bass higher up the door. The stock location is a little too low.
Old 25th February 2011, 15:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Are the Dynaudio components 2 way or 3 way? And will they run active since you will be using a 9855?

Since you are doing so much FG work, you also want to consider moving the mid bass higher up the door. The stock location is a little too low.
Mine is 2 way.
I need 1 new tweeter.
1 of the tweets is low on power. Some thing may be wrong.

I do not believe in active set ups.
I do not have the ability or expertise to set up an active system.
I am not good with computers & mic etc. All the 'softwares' need to be used to get the 'appropriate' frequency curves in the car & I cannot do that.

Maybe some day I get a chance to learn from some one & I may start to go 'active'
However, until then it will be a 2 way passive set up !

p.s. I really like the 'stock' location for the mid-bass.
If at all, I would like to move it further away from me - but in a small hatch, space is not a luxury to be had.
Old 26th February 2011, 03:42   #36
BHPian

more pics - phase 2 :-
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-18.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-17.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-14.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-13.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-11.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-10.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-3.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-5.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-9.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-ice-phase-2-housing-1.jpg  

Old 26th February 2011, 12:08   #37
BHPian

That's a pretty thorough ICE job being done on your car, sir.
It would be something to see this work, and th end result in person.

I could use of a couple of pointers from you on damping.

I wish I could contribute more to this thread, but my limited knowledge stops me.
Maybe after following it till the end will help that .

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Old 26th February 2011, 16:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarth.bhatia View Post
That's a pretty thorough ICE job being done on your car, sir.
It would be something to see this work, and th end result in person.

I could use of a couple of pointers from you on damping.

I wish I could contribute more to this thread, but my limited knowledge stops me.
Maybe after following it till the end will help that .

Cheers and drive safe.
Sam
Sir,

Feel free to ask;
I will answer any & all questions.

I am in Mumbai, so if you come here - just ping me & we will do a demo.

The fruit of the pudding is in the sound / not in the way it looks !

'sound stage' has to be experienced & not spoken about...
Old 26th February 2011, 20:48   #39
BHPian

Just returned;
Phase 3 pics are ready.
If it gets to be a 'drag' I am sorry, but my intent is to show all that is being done & also every small detail is covered...
This is when the fibre glass work starts.
It is 'slow & time consuming'
The mould has to be made, then it has to be layered & hardened by a resin & then cut & sanded to finish.
Some of the pics will give you some form of an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-1.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-2.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-3.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-4.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-5.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-6.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-7.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-8.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-9.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-1.6-phase-3-fibre-glass-enclosure-10.jpg  

Old 27th February 2011, 01:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Just returned;
Phase 3 pics are ready.
If it gets to be a 'drag' I am sorry, but my intent is to show all that is being done & also every small detail is covered...
This is when the fibre glass work starts.
It is 'slow & time consuming'
The mould has to be made, then it has to be layered & hardened by a resin & then cut & sanded to finish.
Some of the pics will give you some form of an idea.
Hi Bhagwan,

Your threads are never a drag. Sure, sometimes a few images might seem to get repetitive, but we love to learn from your quality posts. And while i might take a looong time to get up to your level, your passion and commitment serve as an inspiration for me and the other ice-aficionados on the forum.

Cheers
Old 27th February 2011, 05:34   #41
Team-BHP Support

Bhagwan,

If your wife has an i10 and you got the Superb whose car will this be? hint hint
Old 27th February 2011, 08:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Bhagwan,

If your wife has an i10 and you got the Superb whose car will this be? hint hint
I-10 = wife
VW = me [That is why all the work in going on]
SS = family

That is the car 'break up' in my house.

If the VW was not for me, I would not spend so much time & money & effort on it.
All is getting changed;
Seat
Air Intake
Exhaust
Suspension
ICE
Rims
Tyres

[I wonder if I left some thing out] ??

Yes, Re-Map - If & when it can be done.

No one is ready to touch a 1.6 Petrol. I wonder why ?
Was hopeful to cross 130 BHP on this one.
Old 27th February 2011, 08:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
Hi Bhagwan,

Your threads are never a drag. Sure, sometimes a few images might seem to get repetitive, but we love to learn from your quality posts. And while i might take a looong time to get up to your level, your passion and commitment serve as an inspiration for me and the other ice-aficionados on the forum.

Cheers
Thanks;

Point noted.

However, if you observe the pictures closely, they will show - different angles & different stages of work on the same panel - box, so that the exact process is easy to understand. The idea is for people from out side Mumbai to get an opportunity to see & try and do the same.
I am sure they have the ability.

I too am doing this for the 1st time & I do hope that all the effort & time along with money is worth it & the ice sounds good ! Time till tell.

2 weeks more & I shall have my answer.

BTW the work has been on @ Tardeo - 4S for a while, so any person that is interested, can visit & see what all is happening.
Old 1st March 2011, 08:45   #44
BHPian

Hello !
Some more pics - Phase IV
The enclosures for the subs are ready - rough.
They were kept inside the boot & amplifier locations were tried.
The layout is not frozen as yet, but, we shall work on the same & revert back with 'frozen' ideas & pictures - soon. Please do comment..

Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-1.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-2.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-3.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-4.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-5.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-6.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-7.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-8.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-10.jpg  

VW Polo - White - 1.6 Petrol - ICE @ 4S & A 2 Z Audio !-vw-polo-ice-sounds-good-4s-auto-phase-iv-11.jpg  

Old 1st March 2011, 17:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

@ Bhagwan - Sorry, the way you have the amps aligned in the pics is not very appealing. I'm changing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks