Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 12:22   #1
BHPian

Pioneer HU dead after battery recharge

Few days back my car's (Getz prime, 2 year old) battery had fully drained after I had left the key inside in the on position and fan running throughout the night. Next morning I got a jumper cable and started the car. I have driven the car last 2 days and all other electrical components including AC are working fine. But the Pioneer HU seems to be dead - display is totally blank and nothing seems to work with it.

Is there anything simple I can do myself to check the unit or do I have to take it to a service center.
Old 26th February 2011, 12:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pioneer HU dead after battery recharge

i faced same problem when battery drained in my car.
it was a kenwood HU,i had to reseat the wires at the back of HU,and it was fine after that.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:48   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

First, check the fuse. If it's not blown, remove the battery's negative terminal for 5 minutes, then reconnect it. Most probably, either should do the trick.
Old 26th February 2011, 20:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Most probably to do with a bad fuse. But am curious to know, why you left the car on the whole night, with the blower on?You could not have forgotten all this now, could you

It happened to me once, I was taking a call, and was sitting in my car with the blower on, music on, lights on and after about an hour or so on the phone, the car never started. Had to push start the car and after that it was fine. It most probably is a blown fuse, because of the sudden power surge caused by jump starting
Old 27th February 2011, 14:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
First, check the fuse. If it's not blown, remove the battery's negative terminal for 5 minutes, then reconnect it. Most probably, either should do the trick.
Thank you GTO, I will check the fuse (first I have to find out where the fuse is, but I will do that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Most probably to do with a bad fuse. But am curious to know, why you left the car on the whole night, with the blower on?You could not have forgotten all this now, could you

It happened to me once, I was taking a call, and was sitting in my car with the blower on, music on, lights on and after about an hour or so on the phone, the car never started. Had to push start the car and after that it was fine. It most probably is a blown fuse, because of the sudden power surge caused by jump starting
Something similar happened here. It was around 10 PM, I was talking over the phone after I had got the car inside the portico, engine and lights were switched off by then, and I somehow forgot the key, got out of the car, went inside my house, had dinner and totally forgot about the key.

And was thinking why the fuse would be blown, and you seem to have a valid point, it could be due to the surge from the jump start.

I dont have a jumper cable and I was trying to push start the car. Only then I realized the Getz would not start with push start. One has to keep the clutch pedal depressed to start the car, so when the car was pushed and I released the clutch it didnt start.
Old 3rd March 2011, 21:48   #6
BHPian

I couldnt check the fuse, so decided to try GTO's suggestion. Removed the battery terminal for a few minutes, connected it back, inserted the key and HU is working!

Thank you GTO Sir!
Old 4th March 2011, 15:36   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I couldnt check the fuse, so decided to try GTO's suggestion. Removed the battery terminal for a few minutes, connected it back, inserted the key and HU is working!

Thank you GTO Sir!
Happy to help. Sometimes, and just like a Microsoft Windows OS, a reset / restart inexplicably solves the problem in modern cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks