Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2006, 12:31   #1
BHPian

New Honda City ZX VTEC Car Audio System

Ok now i have decided 2 pairs of components 1 front and 1 rear. 1 amp and 1 bass tube i am sure that will cost me all around 25k

Or eles i decided only 2 pairs of components 1 front and 1 rear, 1 big amp and no bass tube( bass tube is not really necessary for me) and please suggest me which company brand should i go for what i have thought about it is components and amp of pioneer and if bass tube then JBL

I want the deck to allow me to go upto 65 volume with full sound clarity if there is another options besdies all this please suggest me

Last edited by IndianDawg : 7th January 2006 at 12:34.
Old 8th January 2006, 23:04   #2
BHPian

Nobody has any other good option?

Last edited by IndianDawg : 8th January 2006 at 23:05.
Old 8th January 2006, 23:12   #3
BHPian

well, i suggest you go in for 1 pair of components for the front, and a pair of co-axials at the rear, since i feel that the rears should be just fillers so components at the back too will result in too much treble. So i suggest the following.
Front - Components(JBL, Infinity, Hertz).
Rears- Co-Axials.(Same as above)
Amplifier- 4 channel(Pioneer 6100f, Blaupunkt GTA 470)
Bass Tube - JBL CS 1200T
5.5k + 3k + 8k + 6.5k + 2-3k for wiring = 25-26k.
Run the front components through the front 2 channels of the Amp. Bridge the remaining two channels of the amp and power your bass tube with it. Run the rears through the head-unit.
BTW, whats the head unit that you using? And yah if budget does permit then seiously consider a better amp (JBL GTO 75.4 costing around 13k). It will over shot your budget by around 5k but you will love the returns of it since it is a very very good amp, i can vouch for that.

Hope it helps, cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 8th January 2006 at 23:22.
Old 8th January 2006, 23:19   #4
BHPian

Hi.I just recently got a Music System fitted in my NHC CVT -
Front : Kicker KS5.2 Component Speakers
Rear : Kicker KS6.2 Component Speakers
Amp : Kenwood 320 W 4-channel (I can't recall the exact model no. !)
Wiring : Original Kicker Wiring
I haven't added a Subwoofer yet,but will be adding a 10 inch Kicker CVR 10 Dual Coil Sub pretty soon,along with a monblock/2 channel amp for it(probably JBL 2 channe amp)
Head Unit is Alpine CDA-9830. (You can have a look at the Music system in BHP Garage)
I guess your Head Unit must be the Alpine 2 DIN System,since it's the VTEC model..I would suggest JBL/Infinity/Kicker/Soundstream or Blaupunkt Components.

-sr

Last edited by srasania : 8th January 2006 at 23:21.
Old 8th January 2006, 23:57   #5
BHPian

Well sounds very good thanks for ur reply, well the HU is not the CDA-9830 i dont know the model no but it has casette and cd player.

First of all when i install all this the rear speakers which they provide i will obviously sell them but will components fit exact? or do i need to change the tray? cause from inside i dont want to change the tray. secondly i am not aware of co-axials so could somebody tell me what it is exactly and what sound it gives.

I want the bass effect perfect as i listen to trance a lot, the sound clarity should be very clear, my budget is 30k so this is the screen shot.
Third now if components can fit in front then i guess they have to fit exact in rear also and so i dont need to change the tray? and if i choose co-axials then will they fit exact?

And last i have decided 1 pair of components and a 4 channel amp and a bass tube now all i gotta decide is about rear and the brands

@srasania can u show me the pics ? if u got

Last edited by IndianDawg : 9th January 2006 at 00:00.
Old 9th January 2006, 00:02   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
Hi.I just recently got a Music System fitted in my NHC CVT -
Front : Kicker KS5.2 Component Speakers
Rear : Kicker KS6.2 Component Speakers
Amp : Kenwood 320 W 4-channel (I can't recall the exact model no. !)
Wiring : Original Kicker Wiring
I haven't added a Subwoofer yet,but will be adding a 10 inch Kicker CVR 10 Dual Coil Sub pretty soon,along with a monblock/2 channel amp for it(probably JBL 2 channe amp)
Head Unit is Alpine CDA-9830. (You can have a look at the Music system in BHP Garage)
I guess your Head Unit must be the Alpine 2 DIN System,since it's the VTEC model..I would suggest JBL/Infinity/Kicker/Soundstream or Blaupunkt Components.

-sr
hey sup how much do the kickers cost. gimme the prices in break ups please
Old 9th January 2006, 00:15   #7
BHPian

IndianDawg :

You can check out the car pictures here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...p?do=view&g=55

I didn't have to cut the tray or anything for the components.Please buy either 5 or 5.25 inch Components for the front,and 6 or 6.25 inch components for the rear..you might be able to fit in 6 inchers in the front too,but it'll require some cutting perhaps..to avoid that,stick to 5.25 inch for the front.
For the rear,as you've mentioned you won't like to fit in components,go for Round 6 incher co-axials,if you fit in 6X9 inch ovals for the rear,it'll require cutting the rear parcel tray.

jesal :
I got the Kickers from States,so,they came pretty cheap as compared to the Indian Official prices..I got both my Component systems for $200($110 for the Kicker KS6.2 and $90 for Kicker KS5.2)..this comes to approximately Rs9,200.
Here,official prices of Kicker KS5.2 and 6.2 combined is around Rs27,500.
The EX 5.2 and 6.2 are the entry level Components,which I think cost around Rs12,500 combined in India.The KS are the next level,then come the RS series,and top of the line are the SS Series component systems.
I got the Kicker Original Wiring from here,which cost Rs5,500.
The Kicker CVR 10 Dual Coil woofer cost is $70(approx Rs3200).I think price here for same model is around Rs7500..not too sure about the woofer price..but I think it's something near that figure.
-sr

Last edited by srasania : 9th January 2006 at 00:31.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
And last i have decided 1 pair of components and a 4 channel amp and a bass tube now all i gotta decide is about rear and the brands

@srasania can u show me the pics ? if u got
Good brands r Infinty,JBL,Hertz,kicker,boston for spk.Good amps r from alpine,JBL,audison,blau,pio.
You can pm gunbir/JB/Sam for help?

If u want good bass,then u shud go for sealed box with dual coil subw in it.Expert will agree on this.

U shud see mclaren,jk anf hyundai getz install thread before u decide about ur system.

I agree with amit that our expert r bit off these days,i think some of them tr busy these days.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:27   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianDawg
Ok now i have decided 2 pairs of components 1 front and 1 rear. 1 amp and 1 bass tube i am sure that will cost me all around 25k
Not sure if 1 bass tube would satisfy trance.

BTW since you like trance I would consider JBL.
Comps in the front: 4-5K
Coax in the rear: 3K
2 1200T tubes: 13K
Pio 6100 for 1200T tubes: 9K
Blau 470 of front and rear: 9K
Wires and Intall: 4K
----------------------
Total: 38-39K
Old 9th January 2006, 11:24   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Alternatively you could use the CS60.4 (Rs. 8990) bridged into 2 1200T tubes, instead of the pioneer 6100.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

yes in that case the get 2 60.4 one for the tubes and one for the front and rear. did not know the 60.4 were under 9K.
BTW Sam, since you i got you attention do you agree that 1 1200T wont satusfy trance?

Last edited by navin : 9th January 2006 at 11:31.
Old 9th January 2006, 12:20   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

For trance... I'd rather mount a woofer in IB.
Tubes... hmmm.... They're not fast enough for trance. Come to think of it, neither am I.
If it was a boot install I'd consider the bass box - GTO1200B, or better still, I'd out 2X GTO1000B, I find 10" more suited to electronic bass, with bpms crossing 150, 160.
Old 9th January 2006, 12:31   #13
BHPian

Again i thank to everyone this has really helped me a lot
This is how i think i would like to go for
Front: 5.25 inch Components Kickers
Rear: Round 6 incher or 5x7 co-axials Kickers
JBL CS60.4 Amp
JBL 1200T

I hope this gets finished less than 30k

Ur views...
Old 9th January 2006, 15:44   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
For trance... I'd rather mount a woofer in IB.
Tubes... hmmm.... They're not fast enough for trance. Come to think of it, neither am I.
If it was a boot install I'd consider the bass box - GTO1200B, or better still, I'd out 2X GTO1000B, I find 10" more suited to electronic bass, with bpms crossing 150, 160.
agreed the Box versions are more suitable but then there is a budget. what if you got the tube and stuffed the port.
Old 17th January 2006, 21:27   #15
BHPian

okay today booked the vtec there is a bad news for me man in the front you can fit 4 inch speakers only and rear you can fit 8 inch speakers now it is good for rear but front? i cannot fit components can i?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks