Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2006, 18:55   #1
BHPian

Speakers for Blaupunkt Bermuda MP3 HU

I have booked a Baleno and got a deal for headunit as well, from the dealer. I am being offered the Blaupunkt Bermuda MP3 and Bahama MP3 at around 25% discount. I have opted for the Bermuda as there isn't much difference between between these two units. That's what I think. Did I make the right choice? I still have the option to go for Bahama unit. Please guide me.
Also what speakers should I go for with this head unit. My budget is under 15k for the Front, Rear and a basic amp. I am not going for a woofer.
My choice of music is classic rock, folk rock, celtic.

Thanks
Old 8th January 2006, 20:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

JBL 606 for the front MRP 6000
JBL 936 for the rear MRP 4750
Sony 504 4 channel amp for the speakers approx price 4500

total 15250 + installation

if you cant exceed 15k the for the front speakers get the 5 Inch components instead.that will be about a grand cheaper.

Rev
Old 9th January 2006, 10:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

HI Ob. , JBL's a good choice as Revtech has posted. YOu can also opt for an all Blau setup. We have soem all Blau setup in our forum..just look around.

That sony amp would be teh one you can go for coz of the budget limit, but again, there are Blau amps too but maybe a bit costlier.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:29   #4
Team-BHP Support

Rudra has an All Blau set up in his Optra.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:48   #5
BHPian

So does blaupunkt speakers sound better than JBL? I know sound is subjective but in general would it sound better. Is an amp necessary? What if I dont buy an amp and spend on better speakers? Will the Bermuda HU be sufficient to drive them?

Thanks
Old 9th January 2006, 10:56   #6
Team-BHP Support

better is a vague term. listen to both then decide.
Old 9th January 2006, 10:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

Well, its depends on you and your ears. I can vouch for jbl as my cars an all jbls setup (minus teh cables and amp ). Its powered by a pio amp and it plays damn loud with a slight distortion even at almost full vol.

ANd, Rudra's car has one of the best setup in our forum.
Old 9th January 2006, 11:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Its powered by a pio amp and it plays damn loud with a slight distortion even at almost full vol.
Which model of Pioneer amp do you use?
Old 9th January 2006, 12:41   #9
BANNED

KICKER ES 693=4990,
KICKER ES 5.2=6500(COMPONENT)
SONY 504 will cost u 4500 appo.
Old 9th January 2006, 14:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
Which model of Pioneer amp do you use?
Pioneer GM-X324 AMp...
Old 11th January 2006, 14:38   #11
BHPian

I am bit confused now. I went to a shop called Chandrika Electronics at Prabhadevi. They are authorised not just for sales but repairs as well, for brands JBL, Alpine, Sony, Blaupunkt etc. I told him that I am getting a Blaupunkt Bermuda at a discounted rate from the dealer. He suggested me to avoid Blaupunkt if I could, because for sometime now Blaupunkt has been having mechanism problem. The reason being, the mechanism is produced by SAmsung and it is not what it used to be in earlier batches. He said he has repaired many new sets. The guy suggested me Alpine 9843(maybe I am wrong on the number but it is model priced at 8990/-) instead. He was suggesting me Alpine 6x9 rear and 5" front speakers as well. He was quoting that the setup would give me enuf bass and natural mids and highs.
Then I inquired about an amp, the guy told me that with Alpine an amp would not be really necessary.
Gurus, how do I read all this? I am taken aback. Should I act fast and stop order the Blaupunt?

Thanks
Old 11th January 2006, 14:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Firstly DONT believe everything you hear.he said blaunpankts arent good.many people say sony have lens problem.pioneer dont have warranty.some people say the newer batch of alpine also have problems so what you going to do ?? not get any of these.he must be getting a big cut on selling alpine.but thats beside the point.

i think you should stick with your blaunpankt head unit.if used properly and with care you wont have a problem.about your speakers it all depends on what sounds best to your ears.i have blaunpankt speakers in my baleno and JBL in my zen.but i feel the JBLs are way better specially in loudness and bass even without an amp and hence i suggested them.

id say go out listen to a couple of speakers and chose what sounds best to you.about getting an amp for the speaker, you dont really need an amp with any speaker.the amp will only make the music sound better, fuller and tighter.

Rev
Old 11th January 2006, 15:04   #13
BHPian

That was a relieving post Revtech. I spoke to another vendor after posting here. He too had a positive opinion about Blau. Looks like Chandrika Electronics fellow is greedy.

Thanks again.
Old 11th January 2006, 15:18   #14
Team-BHP Support

Chandrika Electronics

Quote:
Looks like Chandrika Electronics fellow is greedy.
a couple of friends and some family have been customers of Chandrika Electronics for a long time now. they're reliable - regarding offering genuine products and good quality repair work.
never overcharged and haven't had any quality issue(s) or problem(s) till date.
have bought Pioneer (which they don't sell anymore) and Blaupunkt systems from them without any issues.
Old 11th January 2006, 15:37   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am bit confused now. I went to a shop called Chandrika Electronics at Prabhadevi. They are authorised not just for sales but repairs as well, for brands JBL, Alpine, Sony, Blaupunkt etc.
Mr.Shetty is a good guy, he's a great installer and a knowledgeable fellow - he USED to be a certified blaupunkt service station, but isnt anymore.
He has never been authorised for JBL service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks