Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 18:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Headunit stolen, need a new one.

Hey Guys,

Here's how it goes, I had gone overseas for a weekend trip and had parked the car at a friends place in Andheri, when I landed I got the amazing news that the car was broken into (Swift) and the Headunit and the centre console (ac blower with the centre middle section) was pulled out and stolen. The car is still at the garage and will be back eventually. Thankfully the speakers were not stolen (ditto for the amp/woofer). I am looking at a cheap, no frills and decent sounding system for my needs.

Here are the following things it should do
  1. Play music from my iPod/iPhone and charge it at the same time.
  2. Play music from SD cards and USB drives.
  3. Ability to take calls (a-la bluetooth)
  4. A2DP Bluetooth Added Bonus
  5. Double Din Added Bonus
  6. Any other functionality Added Bonus

Keeping these in mind I narrowed down on Blaupunkt Melbourne, which although doesn't play CD's (which is ok with me.) and there is a chap here selling that for 7500 INR. I've bought much much more expensive ICE before but this time I would like to keep it bare minimum and decent (not cheap). Does anyone in here have any other offerings in mind which are exceptional value for money and offer fantastic features? I am not too concerned about warranty, but would be a nice thing to have. Unless motorized these things dont break apart that easily, and I've had a Blaupunkt in the past, Rock solid. Not too fussy (I dont like too many settings.) and great sound signature.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 10th March 2011, 19:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Headunit stolen, need a new one.

7.5k is decent price for this unit. Sicne you need bluetooth, don't think there are other options in this price range.
Old 10th March 2011, 21:14   #3
BHPian

If it was not for the bluetooth, you can always go for the JBL GTX-333, which can read from memory card and USB drive and has three 4 V pre outs (front, rear and sub) and I hear the sound quality is really good. And it costs just Rs.4,900/-.
Old 10th March 2011, 21:19   #4
BHPian

At 7.5k you can get the pioneer 7350 and at 6.7k the 6390. Got the 6390 last week for a cousin.

Head Units
Old 10th March 2011, 21:41   #5
BANNED

Are the JBL & Pioneer prices mentioned above with B & W?
Old 11th March 2011, 10:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
7.5k is decent price for this unit. Sicne you need bluetooth, don't think there are other options in this price range.
Yes, and apparently its supposed to be a 'deal' and includes warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
If it was not for the bluetooth, you can always go for the JBL GTX-333, which can read from memory card and USB drive and has three 4 V pre outs (front, rear and sub) and I hear the sound quality is really good. And it costs just Rs.4,900/-.
The JBL does look sweet, I've traditionally not like Pioneer headunits, their sound signature and the whole jazzy dolphins jumping and neon blue tron controls are not what I would want. But would check it out.

Any others? Preferably double-din units?
Old 11th March 2011, 10:51   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post

Available less than 4K now.

HTH
Old 15th March 2011, 10:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow thats sweet, then I've narrowed down on the JBL and Blaupunkt will check them out.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:42   #9
BHPian

yes with bill and warranty fr the Pioneer Hu's
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well looky here. I had a budget head-unit in mind but ended up buying this
Name:  1295327418l_AVH2390DVD.gif
Views: 1233
Size:  41.7 KB

The thing is pretty nifty and I did overspend (and now I feel that my speakers don't match up) But it has a reverse camera (not like its needed on a swift).

Anyone selling their components and amp for cheap?

Linky - Head Units
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

How much did you have to pay for it, and was that with B&W ?

Did you find any difference from regular Pioneer units in terms of SQ ? Asking this because amplifier specs of this unit are same (50W x 4).
Old 23rd March 2011, 16:57   #12
BHPian

:-). the chap who is giving out the deal on blaupunkt is me. and no - i am not selling them on my own. i know the dealer of blaupunkt and he is installing the system in hyundai and the new tata machines. (manza ad for bluetooth - no tanakasu ad).

this product is absolutely original. will come with bill and warranty. and one more thing that i forgot to put in the classifieds is that the deal comes with the necessary car harness, the remote which is not in the original kit and the fitting if you are in or around pune.

trust me - i have installed the system in my brothers car. its a real deal. you are free to contact the said person yourself. i do not make an inkling on it. except if you call him directly - he may quote a higher price. so just refer my name and the price quoted by me here.

i wish you the best.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishranishant View Post
:-). the chap who is giving out the deal on blaupunkt is me. and no - i am not selling them on my own. i know the dealer of blaupunkt and he is installing the system in hyundai and the new tata machines. (manza ad for bluetooth - no tanakasu ad).

this product is absolutely original. will come with bill and warranty. and one more thing that i forgot to put in the classifieds is that the deal comes with the necessary car harness, the remote which is not in the original kit and the fitting if you are in or around pune.

trust me - i have installed the system in my brothers car. its a real deal. you are free to contact the said person yourself. i do not make an inkling on it. except if you call him directly - he may quote a higher price. so just refer my name and the price quoted by me here.

i wish you the best.
I completely understand man, and the gentleman who runs the Blaupunkt Showroom at Law College I know him, I've gotten a unit installed years ago from him. Totally genuine guy. The reason I did not get it installed is because the company has shut down and I might have a problem later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
How much did you have to pay for it, and was that with B&W ?

Did you find any difference from regular Pioneer units in terms of SQ ? Asking this because amplifier specs of this unit are same (50W x 4).
I paid 19.5 for it, without warranty. It sounds decent have to mess around with the EQ a little bit. I think I will have to upgrade the speakers now. The touch screen on this is way better then the systems I've had and used before.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks