Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2014, 11:53   #196
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : VW Vento

Apologies for re-sending this. I was not able to get to the previous post in time to be able to edit it.

As you all know, my query has been around changing the HU for my Vento.

I spoke with people at Eonon as for the C5152 Model and as posted previously, they asked me for a picture of the HU (front) and also a picture of the power socket of the HU. RajeevRaj was kind enough to share the picture of the back of the HU showing the power plug. I shared the same with folks at Eonon and they said the power plug is different and they shared heir power plug design.

Being an absolute noob, I thought I'll look up the experts for advice again. Though the diagram itself seem to indicate there is a difference and may require cutting wires and I'm not comfortable doing so.

Looking forward to inputs
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : VW Vento-ventohurear.jpg  

ICE upgrade : VW Vento-d5152-3.jpg  

Old 29th August 2015, 12:07   #197
ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post

There is a dilemma when it comes to aftermarket HUs for VW Skoda cars because of CAN compatibility. There is nothing to beat the RNS 510 Columbus HU and it comes at a premium price. It was still justifiable if it came with navigation for India, but without that it's not worth it. Right now im using Audiosources DNS 810 which I would rate as better overall performer than 835. But I'm still on the hunt for a HU with RNS 510 like performance with India Navigation.
From your experience, how would you compare Audiosources DNS 810 and Dynavin N6-VW? which one is your recommendation and why?

Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 10:36   #198
BHPian

Hi All,

Could you please help me with my question related to replacement of Vento OEM speakers posted in another thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ml#post3814044

Regards.
Old 25th December 2016, 18:05   #199

Re: ICE upgrade : VW Vento

Hello BHPians,

My relative has the 2011 vento diesel top end with usb option in the ice. In the settings menu i see a Bluetooth option but can't seem to connect to it at all. Can someone help?
Old 25th December 2016, 23:50   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashscool View Post
Hello BHPians,

My relative has the 2011 vento diesel top end with usb option in the ice. In the settings menu i see a Bluetooth option but can't seem to connect to it at all. Can someone help?
The 2011 refresh of the Vento came with the RCD 310, which supports bluetooth. However, for the bluetooth to work, we need an extra bluetooth module (like 9W2, 9W7, or 9WZ). Without this module, the radio will only show a dummy bluetooth option.
VivekCherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 08:19   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekCherian View Post
The 2011 refresh of the Vento came with the RCD 310, which supports bluetooth. However, for the bluetooth to work, we need an extra bluetooth module (like 9W2, 9W7, or 9WZ). Without this module, the radio will only show a dummy bluetooth option.
Thank you Vivek! I had a feeling i was missing something here. Can I buy this from VW spares? Is it better to just upgrade the ICE instead when comparing the price of this kit? Do you happen to know the price? Thanks once again!
Old 26th December 2016, 09:27   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Vivek! I had a feeling i was missing something here. Can I buy this from VW spares? Is it better to just upgrade the ICE instead when comparing the price of this kit? Do you happen to know the price? Thanks once again!
The price of the module if procured from VW will be prohibitively expensive. Also, I am not too sure if VW ASS will procure the module for you. It would be easier to upgrade to one of the MIB II units, like the RCD 330G or 330G +.

Moderator Gannu and a few others have recently upgraded to the 330G + unit on their cars. Please refer to the below threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4112667

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...head-unit.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ion-guide.html

PS : I currently have the RCD 510 + 9W7 in my car. I had got these units while I was in the UK last year. The total cost for both these units in my case was around 30K.
VivekCherian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 09:34   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Better to upgrade to RCD330 Plus which is cheaper right now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ion-guide.html
CRV2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 00:25   #204
BHPian

Hello Experts,. I have a Vento with stock R330 Plus. I'm happy with the HU. I'm looking for a budget upgrade of the speakers. I've come across the Pioneer TS-S20 tweeters online which have their crossovers. They cost around 3.5 - 4K based on YouTube videos and Pioneer website. Please share your views..

1) Will this void warranty ?
2) Will I be able to hear any improvement in the music quality ? At least the highs ? The little beats ?
3) Will they connect it directly to the HU or will they splice a wire from each side speaker ?
4) Is it okay to have them installed in the location of speaker ? (I don't want VW and a few people to spot them), or will it be wasted if they're installed there ?

I have a fancy for tweeters and so chose them as an option for my first upgrade. But I also have another doubt in my mind. Will installing an Amplifier (only Amp), with the stock HU and stock Speakers improve the sound quality ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks