Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 02:29   #61
BHPian

Re: ICE for my VW Vento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
I did some research. If you are going in for a 7" screen, the HU WILL protrude from the Dash it looks like. I am deciding on the compromise to go in for a 6.2" screen which fits well within the Dash. Since Bluetooth is not a mandate for me, there are suitable models in Kenwood, Pioneer and JVC. I'll have a demo of all these brands before buying. Without BT, the HUs cost anywhere between 18-20K in all these brands. Speakers (front component and rear coaxial ) should cost 10-12K. So, its about 30K for a basic setup.
Which variant did you opt for? Iam going to book the rapid mid-variant this week. When you install a 2-DIN, they mount it on a frame/faceplate right? Is that available through the dealer, or at the audio fitment outlet itself? I am also planning to install a 2-DIN system on the rapid, can you suggest a good place in chennai, where they go about their work professionally and also take care of issues like not voiding warranty, cutting wires etc.,

Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 11:00   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th!ru View Post
Which variant did you opt for? Iam going to book the rapid mid-variant this week. When you install a 2-DIN, they mount it on a frame/faceplate right? Is that available through the dealer, or at the audio fitment outlet itself? I am also planning to install a 2-DIN system on the rapid, can you suggest a good place in chennai, where they go about their work professionally and also take care of issues like not voiding warranty, cutting wires etc.,

Thanks
I have booked the mid variant as well. I have booked at Gurudev motors Arumbakkam (Poonamalle High Road). They suggest that I get the ICE done at RadioWareHouse (Anna nagar). We may need to install the faceplate through the ICE dealer ourself for a 2-DIN system. Technokrat near Ampa mall (Nungambakkam) is also a good place but might be costlier.
Old 21st November 2011, 20:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to both of you, any decent installer will be able to provide you with the faceplate. Dont go by what the dealer recommends you - take a look at the following thread and decide what works for you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...r-chennai.html

In addition go through the directory member listings for chennai, we have a couple of ICE installers reviewed there too. All the best and do keep us posted on the progress.

Edit - I personally wouldnt recommend either radiowarehouse or technokrat. The first one is for the run of the mill nature of work and the second one caters to only high end luxury market is very expensive.

Quote:
When you install a 2-DIN, they mount it on a frame/faceplate right? Is that available through the dealer, or at the audio fitment outlet itself? I am also planning to install a 2-DIN system on the rapid, can you suggest a good place in chennai, where they go about their work professionally and also take care of issues like not voiding warranty, cutting wires etc.,

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish View Post
I have booked the mid variant as well. I have booked at Gurudev motors Arumbakkam (Poonamalle High Road). They suggest that I get the ICE done at RadioWareHouse (Anna nagar). We may need to install the faceplate through the ICE dealer ourself for a 2-DIN system. Technokrat near Ampa mall (Nungambakkam) is also a good place but might be costlier.

Last edited by bala80 : 21st November 2011 at 20:23.
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:42   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations to both of you, any decent installer will be able to provide you with the faceplate. Dont go by what the dealer recommends you - take a look at the following thread and decide what works for you.
Thanks, but not yet. I am booking it on thursday . One question about the HU bin, since you are familiar with vento and have seen rapid as well. They both share the same dashboard layout, will the dimensions also be the same? say i want to fit one of those caska/witson OEM like HUs, Can i buy the one that fits well on a vento for the rapid?
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Advance wishes then! On your question - Absolutely, the size is little more than a standard 2 DIN size and is true for all VW cars. In this case, Rapid too follows the same specification and hence you shouldnt have any issues.

Quote:
Thanks, but not yet. I am booking it on thursday . One question about the HU bin, since you are familiar with vento and have seen rapid as well. They both share the same dashboard layout, will the dimensions also be the same? say i want to fit one of those caska/witson OEM like HUs, Can i buy the one that fits well on a vento for the rapid?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:08   #66
BHPian

Quote:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...r-chennai.html

In addition go through the directory member listings for chennai, we have a couple of ICE installers reviewed there too. All the best and do keep us posted on the progress.

Edit - I personally wouldnt recommend either radiowarehouse or technokrat. The first one is for the run of the mill nature of work and the second one caters to only high end luxury market is very expensive.
Thanks Bala. I know of a small shop in 100 Feet road named Chennai Car Stereos. He claims to be a dealer for Kenwood and hence his quote with Bill/warranty is 2K less from other shops. I had installed a HU (alone) for my Alto once in this shop and have connection with the guy since then. Not sure if he can do a complete installation for a new car in the market. Btw, he is suggesting Velocity speakers. Not sure how good they are. He is also suggesting that he can fit two head rest monitors from "Viewsonic" for 7.5K. So the total package:

Kenwood touchscreen HU (without BT) - 18K
Velocity speakers (Front component and rear coax) - 10K
Viewsonic Head rest monitors - 7.5K
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:49   #67
Senior - BHPian

If they are the Blaupunkt Velocity speakers, they will be good. If not, try something known. If you are not getting an amp and sub fitted, then the same guy can do it. Not much to it - since they will be connecting to existing wiring.

2 monitors for 7.5K or 1?

Last edited by DerAlte : 23rd November 2011 at 13:50.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 15:41   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish.sathish;2578796

I can see from this thread that the Pioneer 4250 is a VFM HU but it doesn't seem to match all of the above said requirements (resolution and screen size). I found Mega Audio VW OE fit ([url=http://www.megaaudio.co.uk/volkswagen-series.html
Volkswagen Series (Vento / Polo / Passat)[/url]) in the market selling for 34K in chennai but that again is only 6.2".
Where did you get this quotation from as I am also looking for a HU upgrade for the Rapid as I am planning to book this car.

My requirements are:
1. Bluetooth integration: need the quality for this to be good with contact recognition
2. GPS
3. OE looks preferred can live without it though

I am not into ICE at all but I do appreciate good sound, any idea in the difference in quality and features in Mega-audio, Motevo, Caska, Witson?

Any help in suggesting a good HU would be well appreciated, also do they do a buyback of the original HU?

Also, will the OE HU for fit into the Rapid? and is so can we modify the logo to the Skoda symbol?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Last edited by xtremeshock : 24th November 2011 at 15:45.
Old 24th November 2011, 15:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
If they are the Blaupunkt Velocity speakers, they will be good. If not, try something known. If you are not getting an amp and sub fitted, then the same guy can do it. Not much to it - since they will be connecting to existing wiring.

2 monitors for 7.5K or 1?
Thanks. 7.5K for a couple. I am not getting an amp/sub fitted at this point of time.
Old 24th November 2011, 15:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Where did you get this quotation from as I am also looking for a HU upgrade for the Rapid as I am planning to book this car.

My requirements are:
1. Bluetooth integration: need the quality for this to be good with contact recognition
2. GPS
3. OE looks preferred can live without it though

I am not into ICE at all but I do appreciate good sound, any idea in the difference in quality and features in Mega-audio, Motevo, Caska, Witson?

Any help in suggesting a good HU would be well appreciated, also do they do a buyback of the original HU?

Also, will the OE HU for fit into the Rapid? and is so can we modify the logo to the Skoda symbol?

Sorry for asking too many questions.
I saw the pamphlet of Megaaudio in a shop on the 100 Feet road before the Arcot road junction (not sure of the shop name). This is quoted to have the OE fit. Not sure about the buyback. I have booked the Ambition variant which doesn't have any system installed. All vento OE fits should fit in the Rapid as well (my guess).
krish.sathish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 16:16   #71
BHPian

Did anyone heard DNX7380BT availability in India?. I have checked in Bangalore, it seems it's not available here/india.
Old 13th December 2011, 22:21   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Advance wishes then! On your question - Absolutely, the size is little more than a standard 2 DIN size and is true for all VW cars. In this case, Rapid too follows the same specification and hence you shouldnt have any issues.
So have you guys got delivery for your respective Rapid's?

Any ICE updates? I am planning to book the Rapid this Thursday if all goes well.
Old 16th December 2011, 14:04   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
So have you guys got delivery for your respective Rapid's?

Any ICE updates? I am planning to book the Rapid this Thursday if all goes well.
I got the car delivered on the 9th. I installed the witson 923v HU, with RF prime series front comps, rear 3-way coaxials(6.5") powered by blaupunkt 4ch GTA SE amplifier. No sub as of yet.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:00   #74
sps
BHPian

thanks for all the information.
Can you post some pictures of the unit installed in your rapid?

Quote:
I got the car delivered on the 9th. I installed the witson 923v HU, with RF prime series front comps, rear 3-way coaxials(6.5") powered by blaupunkt 4ch GTA SE amplifier. No sub as of yet.
Old 13th January 2012, 16:23   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Hope your Witson is serving you well, can you please put up some pictures of you install.

Are you facing any problems with warranty? Last time I checked Gurudev was very adamant on any ICE upgrades.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks