Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 12:18   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: ICE upgrade : VW Vento

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
2. Speakers: I was suggested Focal Polyglass .. how are morrel maximos compared to this?
3. What damping would you guys suggest, is it needed?
I believe Morel Maximos is the entry level Morel. The entry level Focal is Access. Poly glass is a level up.

As far as damping goes any good butyl rubber based damping will do. Asphalt based damping does not survive well in India's climate.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 17:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Both pioneer and JVC makes some very good HU's. I have used pioneer in my swift and currently using JVC in my vento. Both are pretty evenly matched, but my personal favorite is still pioneer.

For damping - I beleive you are talking about skoda rapid, which has pretty solid build quality. Unless you are used to listening to very loud and bass heavy music , you can do without them. Or, if you feel the need for it, you can go for a it at a later stage as well.

I have morel maximos on my car (PZ should have recommended this, right?) and they sound pretty nice to me. Why dont you ask for an audition of both and go for the one which you like?

Quote:

3. What damping would you guys suggest, is it needed?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2012, 12:22   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Both pioneer and JVC makes some very good HU's. I have used pioneer in my swift and currently using JVC in my vento. Both are pretty evenly matched, but my personal favorite is still pioneer.

For damping - I beleive you are talking about skoda rapid, which has pretty solid build quality. Unless you are used to listening to very loud and bass heavy music , you can do without them. Or, if you feel the need for it, you can go for a it at a later stage as well.

I have morel maximos on my car (PZ should have recommended this, right?) and they sound pretty nice to me. Why dont you ask for an audition of both and go for the one which you like?
Thanks bala80, heard you will be leaving for the US, best of luck for your time there and you have been a great help to all Vento/Rapid owners for sure.

Will try and get a audition before I decide, but I don't think Chandru does any auditions, will try and ask though.

Yep, PZ did not suggest Morrel Maximos but he did suggest Focal Polyglass and then some other brands which are apparently better, and he also went on to say the polyglass is the start of the range.
Old 20th April 2012, 10:25   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, PZ did not suggest Morrel Maximos but he did suggest Focal Polyglass and then some other brands which are apparently better, and he also went on to say the polyglass is the start of the range.
I have ordered Focal Access range speakers a month back after my research and words from my friends. What I heard from people is "Focal Access is entry level speakers from high end manufacturer(Upto $4500 for 6.5"), but this gives better sound than Pioneer/Polk/JBL". This is not quote from me, unless I hear the sound I can't confirm it.

Last edited by TopSpeeder : 20th April 2012 at 10:29.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 15:25   #125
BHPian

Re: ICE for my VW Vento?

@ Ventolute,

Lovely setup there!.

Am planning on installing a Witson Unit for my Skoda Rapid too. However, IGO maps that they provide is a no go for me. Could you please share / pm as to how you installed the MMI Maps on the witson please, It would be of great help to me and possibly few members too.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:09   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
I have ordered Focal Access range speakers a month back after my research and words from my friends. What I heard from people is "Focal Access is entry level speakers from high end manufacturer(Upto $4500 for 6.5"), but this gives better sound than Pioneer/Polk/JBL". This is not quote from me, unless I hear the sound I can't confirm it.
Please visit the here for more information on installation of Focal
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:10   #127
BHPian

Folks,

After the speakers, now I have upgraded HU in my Vento. Also I have posted the details in my thread. Here is the link
Old 8th June 2012, 11:49   #128
BHPian

Folks,

Don’t know if this is the right thread for my queries.
I will be taking delivery of my white Highline TDi on coming Monday.

Can anyone confirm if the ICE supports iPod?

I tried to play music through my iPod during PDI yesterday and this is what I observed:
- iPod was getting charged through the AUX/USB connector
- No music through car audio
- I could hear my iPod playing through the phone speaker

Is there an easy way to tweak the system to support iPod? Something like a firmware upgrade?
Old 8th June 2012, 21:42   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY56 View Post
Folks,

I tried to play music through my iPod during PDI yesterday and this is what I observed:
- iPod was getting charged through the AUX/USB connector
- No music through car audio
- I could hear my iPod playing through the phone speaker

Is there an easy way to tweak the system to support iPod? Something like a firmware upgrade?
I don't know about the how it is in the Vento, but if the iPod is not working through the USB cable try the aux wire, works like a charm.

I suggest you get this sorted out before you give your car for registration. Always a pain to get things rectified after.
Old 10th June 2012, 17:03   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock

I don't know about the how it is in the Vento, but if the iPod is not working through the USB cable try the aux wire, works like a charm.

I suggest you get this sorted out before you give your car for registration. Always a pain to get things rectified after.
But on aux I will not be able to use steering controls . Any suggestions on a good brand/price of aux cable?
Old 11th June 2012, 14:07   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMY56 View Post
Folks,

Well the HU does support ipod however you have to source the correct cable for it. It is very similar to the current USB adapter, however it has the ipod pin on the other end. I believe the part no is 00051446C in VW system
Old 28th June 2012, 16:11   #132
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

One question for fellow Vento Owners. My car does not have a USB supporting stereo as it was factory fitted (the stereo in 2011). Should I change it to an aftermarket one ? If yes then what do I do with the one that comes out ? Is it exchanged or bought back ?
If no then is there a facility or gadget that can do the job for me. Maybe if there already a post on this please point to it since this thread has about 300 pages. Any inputs highly appreciated.
Old 11th July 2012, 17:52   #133
RVD
BHPian

AAAHH!! logging in after a real long time. Thanks to DerAlte & BALA80 for your kind response. I have fixed my WITSON HU and it works like a charm.Looks like the installer had got the wiring wrong in the first place.
BTW request inputs on installing a NAV software on the system.

Attaching pictures of the HU after the install.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
ICE upgrade : VW Vento-system2.jpg  

RVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 16:17   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
AAAHH!! logging in after a real long time. Thanks to DerAlte & BALA80 for your kind response. I have fixed my WITSON HU and it works like a charm.Looks like the installer had got the wiring wrong in the first place.
BTW request inputs on installing a NAV software on the system.

Attaching pictures of the HU after the install.

Thanks
Congrats on the install.

Please post closer snaps of the HU with different options.

How is the sound quality compared to the stock version.
Old 17th July 2012, 21:16   #135
RVD
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the install.

Please post closer snaps of the HU with different options.

How is the sound quality compared to the stock version.
Thanks xtremeshock. You can look up the full specs here .

I cannot really compare the sound quality as my car did not come with a system to begin with . I, not being an audiophile would rate the product 8/10. I am using the factory speakers in the front with Infinity reference 9633i at the back and the sound is satisfactory. Planning to add an Amp and comps up front and that should bump up the listening experience a notch.
RVD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks