Team-BHP - Pioneer Car stereos & accessories
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Pioneer Car stereos & accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/9831-pioneer-car-stereos-accessories-4.html)

Given that Pioneer outsells Alpine 100:1 or even 1000:1, Alpine did pretty good on thei poll.

I'm thinking Alpine should pay the 2 of us heh heh

Hey Harman pays you! Me I get nothing! 35 years of service to the audio industry and not one paisa!... other than invites to the various CES. I used to think those you worked for the audio industry were nuts (so much effort for so little pay) but I just realised that I've been doing this for nothing! I want MONEY! NOW! :-) LOL

well according to me its Pioneer all the way...
all of my friends use Pioneer units/speakers/woofers/amp...

well these days woffer are from JBL...

The Pioneer HUs are a great option if you are on a budget. The sound quality is pretty good and they are pretty reliable. I did not find their speakers to my liking specially those shrill tweeters a lot of people get. I have not heard the amps to comment on them.

Parijnan I agree with you regarding SHRILL, high aspect of pioneer speakers. Its a big letdown for me.

One thing though, my older ICE setup was entirely Pioneer (HU tape, equalizer, baby amp, tweeters, speakers) but all the japan build. The entire setup lasted for ages. In fact Im still using the tweeters and they are well over 9 years old. I also just remembered I have the baby amp lying somewhere in my closet.

Cant say the same for the newer speakers though.

If budget was not a key factor, Alpine it is :)
I didnt vote though.

Hi nrajesh. Pio HUs I prefer are 6850 and 5850. These costs 7-9k without B&W. If you dont want an amp/sub upgrade then you can look at the series below 5850. Also worth looking at is ALpine 9843 which cost 9k max with B&W.

Got a budget? Swift takes 6inch speakers on stock locations ( 4 doors) . You can opt for co-ax setup all-around or compo + co-ax setup. It all depends on your budget and taste.

Look at threads dedicated for Swift to get an idea. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Hi nrajesh. Pio HUs I prefer are 6850 and 5850. These costs 7-9k without B&W. If you dont want an amp/sub upgrade then you can look at the series below 5850. Also worth looking at is ALpine 9843 which cost 9k max with B&W....Look at threads dedicated for Swift to get an idea. :)

nrajesh, please search before posting.

ummm?

Who is nrajesh and where is his post?

All i see is JKDas reviving a post, where the last post was by souljah in march?

I'm confused.

The post has been removed by the mods Sam. Nrajesh was a newbie who had posted his Swift ICE'ing queries in this thread!

And don't get confused Sam it doesn't bode well for Team-BHP!!! Guru of Ice getting confused is not a happy sight :D

.... Lol.... Jk had one too many??? .... lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
ummm?

Who is nrajesh and where is his post?

All i see is JKDas reviving a post, where the last post was by souljah in march?

I'm confused.

Do you guys not see deleted posts? Ok seems I get a different view from non-mods.

I was mostly aquainted with Pioneer HU's all my life since those were one of the cheapest or I guess I was buying the cheapest of thems . Its then that some one recomended me an Alpine, and finally I decided to get an Alpine and got a almost brand new Alpine CDA 9845 . And boy Vertical Horizon sounds ...... very vertical and clear ....I am not good at technical aspects of it so I'd rather skip that side but BBE and textsearch and ability to choose a specific band width for bass/treble control comes in very very handy at times , I was so impressed with the quality that I changed the 3-way coaxials and tweeters to ALPINE .Right now I feel It was worth every penny I spent .

Did I frighten him or he got cranky on seeing some Swift setups?

btw, how many use the PIO steering remote unit and how much does it cost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
Did I frighten him or he got cranky on seeing some Swift setups?

btw, how many use the PIO steering remote unit and how much does it cost?

I have a Pioneer steering remote. I use it with 7750. It's very much convenient. And the cost? I think somewhere around 2k+!!! (Mine came free)!