Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite brand of after-market car stereos?
Pioneer 152 60.56%
Sony 26 10.36%
Alpine 60 23.90%
Any other (Pls specify in your post) 13 5.18%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2007, 13:13   #91
BHPian

Hey Esteem_Lover! You signature's about the same song as mine! Only thing is, my quote is taken from the "fear and loathing in las vegas" movie, when the main character (Duke) exclaims the 'riders' line, below.

On topic, I'm planning on getting a simple Pio HU, the DEH-5850. Any comments? I just need a HU with good resolution and at least 2 preamp outs.
Old 8th February 2007, 15:02   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I have installed it in my Corolla, it's probably one of the best HUs available today in terms of features. But I am not sure about the audio quality.

Link to my Corolla ICE install http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...-ice-pics.html

- Novice
Hmmm..I know,actually i wanted to fill up space given for Innova's('V') Hu's Naturally. I was informed that available double din's sound quality does not match up with regular systems.

I happend to come across a ad in a auto-mag and Hallellujeh!Pioneer too!
Thouqeer assured me of its quality,so far i have been not been able to fine-tune it to my spec's,even then it sounds good.
Old 8th February 2007, 15:21   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yup Saurabh my usage is high due to a lot og highway touring. And if I'm in the car the stereo HAS to be on. Infact there are regular days where I'm in the car for 4-5 hours at a stretch!
P.S. I do about 40K kms odd every year on average!
hmm... Ishaan, if you drive 40k a year, even at 300 "regular days" a year, your avg drive a day would be 133.33kms a day, and based on your "4-5 hours" a day drive time, your avg speed has to be 26.67 Kmph.

Since I know you drive faster than that (heck, my mom drives faster) what are you doing in the car the rest of the time...
Old 8th February 2007, 15:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Since I know you drive faster than that (heck, my mom drives faster) what are you doing in the car the rest of the time...
Playing with his remote?
Old 9th February 2007, 12:53   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vezj420 View Post

Hey Esteem_Lover! You signature's about the same song as mine! Only thing is, my quote is taken from the "fear and loathing in las vegas" movie, when the main character (Duke) exclaims the 'riders' line, below.
Yes, cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Playing with his remote?
Remote possibility. He must be sleeping in his car, alone.
Old 12th February 2007, 21:35   #96
BHPian

Hey the new pioneer -07 line ups are available now...Here's the brochure
http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront...CE_Preview.pdf

And the India line Ups
Pioneer Homepage

Nothing exceptional as some of the brands have already these features. But Something new from pioneer which I guess many people have been waiting for. The USB, and Ipod Connectivity is inbuild in [COLOR=#800000]DEH-P7950UB[/COLOR]. So no need to purchase adapters etc.
Old 13th February 2007, 03:02   #97
BANNED

Hey, the new range looks good indeed. And has some nice features too. Well, some features were already available on some other brands. But it's always good welcome additions.

And of lately, Pioneer is improving it's SQ levels. Some of their HUs rock in SQ.

Another good thing is that their HUs are looking more better. Some higher models have less bling this time. Hope the OEL and illuminations can be switched off this time. It really irritates on long drives in the nights even with the dimmer on.

A very good thing is that 7 series of HU is back after some disappearance act. And it comes with built in USB and Ipod direct connections. Seems like my next HU.

And now the Reference series HUs don't play any compressed formats. So, no replacement for the P80/88 RS this time. They have added some bling to the reference series in display and illumination.
Old 13th February 2007, 22:15   #98
BHPian

My swift's ICE setup

Hi,

This is the setup in my new swiftVxi-2007

DEH-P6950IB

Features
  • Pure blue dot-matrix OEL (Organic EL) display
  • MOSFET 50W x 4
  • MP3 / WMA playback
  • iPod® direct control
  • USB adapter ready
  • WAV file playback
  • BMX (Bitmetric Equalizer)
  • EEQ
    • 5-mode preset equalizer
    • 2-mode custom preset equalizer
    • 7-band digital graphic equalizer
    • Bass Boost
    • 2-way crossover: HPF / LPF
    • 3-mode selectable loudness
  • Rotary Commander
  • Direct Sub Drive
  • 3 RCA pre-outs (front+rear+subwoofer)
  • Spectrum analyzer
  • Multi-language display (English / Spanish / Portuguese)
  • Remote Controller
  • AUX-in (rear)
  • Flap face
TS-C130R Component Speaker[front door's]

More Images

5¼" REV Component Speaker Package with 180 Watts Max. Power
  • Kevlar Brand Fiber Composite Cone Woofer
  • 1" Lightweight Soft Dome Tweeter
  • Butyl Rubber Surround

The TS-C130R 5-1/4" REV component speaker package features Kevlar® fiber composite cone woofers for exceptional sound quality, wave guides for optimal sound dispersion, 1" soft dome tweeters, and hot yellow cones.
The TS-C130R includes an outboard crossover network, handles 180 watts max. music power, and delivers a frequency response of 35Hz to 32kHz. A projected pole yoke evenly distributes magnetic force for lower distortion, and our Voice Coil Cooling System (VCCS) reduces heat so you can play louder, longer

TS-E6996 co axial's

Features
  • 360W MAX.
  • 3-Way Speaker
  • 6" x 9" (16 x 24cm) woofer / 43mm midrange / 12mm tweeter
  • KEVLAR® Brand Fiber/Pulp Composite cone woofer
  • Projected Pole Yoke Design
  • Butyl rubber sound for smoother response
TS-SW1241D Premier® 12" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer
Mounted in custom made box

More Images High Res

Premier® 12" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 1400 Watts Max. Power
  • 350 Watts Nominal Power
  • Unique Design with just 3-1/4" Mounting Depth
  • Small Enclosure Use (0.5 ~ 1.0 Cubic Feet)

Our newest line of subwoofers are designed to provide wider installation options for a broad range of vehicles. These "Shallow-Mount" Subwoofers feature multiple patent-pending features to deliver the big bass performance of a full-size subwoofer, but in a compact design that can be installed either behind or under seats depending on the type of vehicle. The mounting depth is just 3-1/4" - less than half a typical subwoofer in this class.
This 12" shallow subwoofer handles 1400 watts max., 350 watts nominal power, and delivers deep bass with top-notch sound quality thanks to features like Pioneer's extremely strong and lightweight IMPP Composite Double Cone Woofer, the patent-pending M-shaped Surround, and more.
One of the new patent-pending features is called the "Air Suspension Control System". This design locks in air between the main cone and drive cone, ensuring smoother and more precise movement of the cones, for superior linearity. The locked-in air behaves like a spring, so there's no need for a traditional spider structure. The drive cone also deflects air pressure inside the enclosure, which further contributes to the remarkable bass of the small package.

GM-D510M Mono Class D Power Amplifier

More Images
1000 Watts Maximum Power Mono Class D Power Amplifier
  • 500 Watts Continuous Power
  • Class-D Amplifier
  • PWM Regulated MOSFET Power Supply

All-Powerful: The explosive GM-D510M Class D amplifier delivers massive power with less heat—and less distortion—than a conventional amp. Its pulse width modulation (PWM) circuit efficiently outputs only the lower frequencies, perfect for powering that monster sub. And all this power—a thunderous 1000 watts (max) into 2 ohms, or 600 into 4—comes in a small chassis, saving space for your install. The GM-D510M includes a MOSFET output section, screw-type speaker terminals, and oversized power/ground terminals.
2-Ohm Mono Stable
The GM-7200M is built to efficiently handle low-impedance loads, down to 2 ohms. That's perfect for a pair of 4-Ohm Woofers like the Pioneer TS-W306C's, or running a Dual Voice Sub like the TS-W306DVC. And it doesn't just “handle” them: it continually monitors and adjusts the power supply voltage rails, for continuous, clean output.
Variable Crossover (40 ~ 240Hz, -24dB/Octave)
For added flexibility, the variable crossover lets you set the levels at which higher-frequency signals will be filtered out, so that the remaining lower-frequency signals get sent to your sub(s). Where they belong. This optimizes your system's efficiency and delivers the best possible sound quality. This step-up feature is a really useful tool for fine-tuning your system.

Thinking to provide 2 channel amp for rear spk's.

Requesting audio guru's to reply on the setup

Thnx in advance...
Old 4th March 2007, 20:17   #99
BHPian

wow thats quite a setup and excellent description.........
How much were the components for?
Old 5th March 2007, 11:59   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
,Thinking to provide 2 channel amp for rear spk's.
WHy not get a a 4ch. amp for all 4 speakers. The Pio 6100 at 7K (without B&W) is a forum favourite.
Old 17th March 2007, 10:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if i can ask this question here.Navin,u can move it if u feel its inappropriate.

Does the Pioneer 6750 MP3-CD HU have an AUX port??
Old 17th March 2007, 19:41   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I dont know if i can ask this question here.Navin,u can move it if u feel its inappropriate.

Does the Pioneer 6750 MP3-CD HU have an AUX port??

I dont think so. To have an aux Either it has to be IB(For Ipods Only) or UB(for Ipods and any Mp3 device) in the end and I can tell you that only 6950UB which hasnt cme out And 5950IB which you can get for some what around 9K, Has Ipods and USB connectivity. Cheers

Last edited by somebodystopme : 17th March 2007 at 19:43.
Old 17th March 2007, 19:51   #103
Senior - BHPian

Dude,Even a Pioneer 2950 has an AUX port!
What u're talking about is direct control of the IPOD/USB player from the HU.
Old 17th March 2007, 20:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

All HUs with CD changer controls will mostly be equipped with the aux in at the rear. if you are not using a changer, you can plug in any other device. just get your installer to bring the wire out.
cheers

p.s. will wait for you to get me a beer for this
Old 17th March 2007, 20:07   #105
Team-BHP Support

Guys whats the price of a DEH-P6950IB and DEH-P7950IB?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks