Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 21:29   #1
RVG

Unhappy with my new ICE (Accent Viva)

Hi Audio Gurus,

Last week i upgraded Accent Viva's ICE (Budget).

HU : JVC KD 426 : Spec as below

MOS-FET 50W x 4
24-bit DAC
3-Band Parametric iEQ
Ready for Bluetooth® Wireless Technology*
Front USB Port (MP3/WMA)
MP3/WMA Compatible with ID3/WMA Tag (CD/USB)
HS-IVi Tuner
Loudness Control
2.5V Line and Subwoofer Pre-Out Level
RCA Pre-Out Terminal (Rear/Subwoofer Switchable)
Subwoofer Control
High-Pass Filter
Dual AUX-IN (Front/Rear)

I have put JBL comp GTO 6080c at front. and at rear i have pioneer 3 way co-axical 400 Watt speaker on wooden plank.

I am not at all satisfied with this setup. I get very bright sound from rear and i am not able to get that "warmth". I changed so many settings of HU bass...treble..mid levels but for some songs it works good for some songs it's too bright.

History :
I changed from polk DB691 to pioneer 400w co-ax. as polk was very bright. Then i changed Sony HU to JVC. But still same irritating sound when at back seat.

Can you please suggest where am i going wrong ?
OR shall i put same front JBL comp to rear as well instead of pioneer 400W co-ax and put small sub connected from HU. Please help me .

What sound i like : I dont like Bright and too forward sounding as well as too laid back sound signature. It should have decent sound stage, musical seperation and airy feel. The high should go real high but not sparkle. I like dome tweeters rather than piezo tweeter setup. Also I dont need more bass at the same time it should not be bass shy. It just need little more bass and little high. The vocals are too good for the price and midrange is excellent with reasonably better cound stage.

Sam Kapsi,Mobike008 already PMed you...please respond...
~ RVG

Last edited by RVG : 21st March 2011 at 21:46.
Old 21st March 2011, 23:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Help : Accent viva ICE setup - Not satisfied

The entire list of equipment you have been shuffling between is bright, you have to make some different choices.

Polk DB, JBL GTO, Pioneer, all of that is going to sound bright / too froward.

If you want less up front / bright sound, you need to use other products
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:06   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVG View Post

What sound i like : I dont like Bright and too forward sounding as well as too laid back sound signature. It should have decent sound stage, musical seperation and airy feel. The high should go real high but not sparkle. I like dome tweeters rather than piezo tweeter setup. Also I dont need more bass at the same time it should not be bass shy. It just need little more bass and little high. The vocals are too good for the price and midrange is excellent with reasonably better cound stage.

Sam Kapsi,Mobike008 already PMed you...please respond...
~ RVG
Dude. We have the same taste of music isnt it Let me know if you find the same combination I will fix in my GTX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaycool View Post
I dont like Bright and too forward sounding as well as too laid back sound signature. It should have decent sound stage, musical seperation and airy feel. The high should go real high but not sparkle. I like dome tweeters rather than piezo tweeter setup. Also I dont need more bass at the same time it should not be bass shy. What i need is good music clarity something like Sound Magic PL30 earphones. It just need little more bass and little high. The vocals are too good for the price and midrange is excellent with reasonably better cound stage.
Regards,
Vijay
@Blueraven: Can you shed some light what components are neutral sounding with HU combination. What is the sound signature of JBL X333 HU

Last edited by vijaycool : 22nd March 2011 at 00:10.
Old 22nd March 2011, 06:43   #4
RVG

[quote=vijaycool;2286964]Dude. We have the same taste of music isnt it Let me know if you find the same combination I will fix in my GTX.

Yes, actually when i read your post, i put the same thing as i wanted the same taste. Let's see how far we get success with the help of TBHP audio gurus to setup our system.

~ RVG
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:40   #5
BHPian

Re: Unhappy with my new ICE (Accent Viva)

What I came to know is Morel comps gives slightly warm sound and good silk dome tweeter. DLS comp will also give similar signature not sure about the price and availability. You can also check Infinity reference components.

Last edited by vijaycool : 23rd March 2011 at 17:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks