Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 08:21   #31
BHPian

Re: ICE for my Honda City

Yash,

Nice install and great job with the DIY FG enclosure. Saw the sub grill which you have got in another thread of yours, the grill looks fab, would it be possible to get one such grill for my use ? Also what gauge of wiring did you use, 0ga / 4ga ?
Old 7th June 2011, 09:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Yash,

Nice install and great job with the DIY FG enclosure. Saw the sub grill which you have got in another thread of yours, the grill looks fab, would it be possible to get one such grill for my use ? Also what gauge of wiring did you use, 0ga / 4ga ?
I got the grill from paharganj, there are plenty of shops which sell plexiglass and this entire thing was laser cut and laser engraved. If you want this design PM me your email and i'll send you the vector file.
I am sure you'll get plexi in chennai and people who do laser jobs.
Wiring used was 0 gauge till the amp board and then a distribution block which supplied 4 gauge to the amps.
Old 12th June 2011, 21:00   #33
BHPian

HI Yash

Initially you wanted to source Infinity Kappa four from US costing 12k. were u getting it online and included shipping or someone was getting for u. I am also looking at same but her its going out of my budget. 12k is ok with me...
Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 22:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
HI Yash

Initially you wanted to source Infinity Kappa four from US costing 12k. were u getting it online and included shipping or someone was getting for u. I am also looking at same but her its going out of my budget. 12k is ok with me...
Thanks
was getting it from amazon, and yes someone was getting it for me cause of the small form factor and weight, but then it fell apart.
Old 16th June 2011, 23:16   #35
BHPian

got the grill put and a neutrik connector for the sub box !

The connector installed, it was a task because the wire was so thick it was soldered to the connector at both ends.FG dust was cleaned later
ICE for my Honda City-img2011061500159.jpg

New fuses were installed for the individual amps, high res images soon !
ICE for my Honda City-img2011061500160.jpg

The Rear right door was making noises, so more damping was put. (Neatly on the edges)
ICE for my Honda City-img2011061500161.jpg

And the grill was put
ICE for my Honda City-img2011061500162.jpg

With the lights on, awesomeness ! (Switched on when boot opens up, disconnected the company yellow bulb and attached led wire to the socket, no cutting done)
ICE for my Honda City-img2011061500163.jpg

As usual great work by motor concept. Will upload some high res pics soon to be more precise.
Old 16th September 2011, 15:05   #36
BHPian

hey Yash..congrats on your setup...

Lets meet sometime.would love to hear your setup...
Old 24th June 2015, 10:18   #37

Active Subwoofer for 2010 Honda City V ?

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this. I have done the search but could not find the answers about this so thought of entering a new post.

I want to install a subwoofer on my 2010 honda city V model to add some depth to my music listening. I listen to mainly metal and rock so not looking for overpowering bass and i am absolutely happy with the overall sound clarity of he existing speakers and the HU except the bass part. From all the research I found that I can easily install an Active subwoofer which will satisfy my requirement, and the Blaupunkt gtb 8200 active subwoofer seemed a good bet considering its only about 7200 on snapdeal

I wanted to confirm that this will fit my honda city existing sound system without a complex wiring that involves cutting and splitting the existing wires. I read somewhere that the factory system doesn't have any RCA out..so.I am concerned it could cause a problem for an easy installation.

Does anyone know ? have anyone fit any active sub on this car ?

Also since we are on the topic I also want to ask should I insead consider an amp + subwoofer combo ? i dont think i can install an active sub myself anyway so installation isnt a real positive to buy an active sub but it just that it makes the choice easier. So if i should go for an amp plus sub setup, then what brand/model is a good value for money ? again I don't want overpowering and boomy bass.. looking for punchy deep bass that has clear bassnotes.

thanks for the inputs.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

Re: Active Subwoofer for 2010 Honda City V ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdatta View Post
I want to install a subwoofer on my 2010 honda city V model

From all the research I found that I can easily install an Active subwoofer which will satisfy my requirement, and the Blaupunkt gtb 8200 active subwoofer

I read somewhere that the factory system doesn't have any RCA out..so.I am concerned it could cause a problem for an easy installation.

So if i should go for an amp plus sub setup, then what brand/model is a good value for money ?

An active subwoofer is essentially a woofer and an amplifier in one box. In either case they require a low level signal (RCA) from the HU. Some amplifiers have high level inputs and these amplifiers allow you to connect the HU to the amp without a Hi-Lo converter.

That said I think a singe 8" woofer will not give adequate bass. I would recommend a larger woofer (a 12" woofer has twice the area of a 8" woofer and hence can move twice as much air and that usually translates to about 50% more bass).

Fewer companies make "active subwoofers" for car use so if you go the amplifer+woofer+box route you have many more options to choose from. You could even get a 4 ch amplifier and use 2 channels (bridged) for the subwoofer and 2 channels for the front speakers.

JBL is a common name for both amplifiers and woofers, Polk, Focal, and Morel can also be considered. All these companies make fairly good products and the final choice depends more on what your local car audio guy has available, your taste and your budget.

Hope this helps.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:48   #39

Thanks navin. A rough idea how much I am likely to spend minimum to get a 12 inch sub in box plus 4 channel amp with 2 channels going to speakers ?
Old 9th July 2015, 09:07   #40
BHPian

Hi guys, I have the exact same question.
I have a grand i10 sports and I would like to add a subwoofer to it. I am particularly interested in the blaupunkt gtb 8200 a active sub. I have the regular warranty plus the extended warranty for the car so the last thing I want to do is to cut or splice any wires. Disconnecting the subwoofer when boot space is required is really tempting.

My questions are :
1) does the grand i10 stock head unit comes with RCA output?

2) how does the actual wiring done to get the subwoofers installed? I am also concerned about getting the power from the Battery to the subwoofer, I mean getting the power wire through the firewall requires drilling ?

3)If no rca output is available on stock HU , how would be the high high-level input wiring is done?

I apologize for my paranoia but I really do not want any slicing or splicing with any factory wiring for now. The car is still brand new. All I want is a bit bass to my stock set up. Later would add a component set up in the front. But for now stock would have to do.
Thank you in advance and I would really appreciate the response.
Old 9th July 2015, 09:59   #41
BHPian

Hi Simkuriakose
I've been using the blaupunkt gtb 8200a on both my cars, swift and amaze, with the stock system. Can tell u you wont be disappointed with the sound. Plus it has both RCA n high level inputs. High level input has been connected to the rear speakers without tampering the OE connectors and the ignition wire is connected to the 12 v charger socket, again without splicing any wire. So the warranty doesn't get affected. Hope it helps.
Guneet
Guneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 11:25   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
Hi Simkuriakose
the ignition wire is connected to the 12 v charger socket, again without splicing any wire.
Guneet
It does help Guneet. Thanks. But the above quoted text is not understood properly. Would you wind explain it a bit further
Old 9th July 2015, 12:51   #43
BHPian

Well there are three wires that need to be fed into the subwoofer apart from the wires from the speakers. One is the main current wire which is directly connected to the battery. One is earthing and the third is taken from a source which switches on and off along with the ignition. This wire has been drawn from the charging port.
Old 9th July 2015, 13:08   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guneet View Post
the third is taken from a source which switches on and off along with the ignition. This wire has been drawn from the charging port.
Thanks for explaining Guneet.
The Blaupunkt website mentions "Automatic On-/Off function via highlevel". Doesn't that mean the subwoofer would do without the remote turn on lead wire ?
Old 9th July 2015, 14:27   #45
BHPian

These wires are provided with the subwoofer and the automatic on/off works with the ignition. Else it might be on all the time since it draws current directly from the battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks