Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2015, 16:06   #46
BHPian

Re: ICE for my Honda City

So basically eventhough it has auto sensing high level input, we still need to hook it up to a remote line just to be double sure ? I just wanted to make sure I heard you correct.
Because going to an accessory shop without proper knowledge already in hand is the last thing anyone should do. A hard lesson learn with my last car's ICEing.
Old 9th July 2015, 16:55   #47
BHPian

Dont worry buddy. This is a very simple install. For anything else you can feel free to post your query on this thread.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th July 2015 at 21:40. Reason: Removing cell phone number.
Guneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 17:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simkuriakose View Post
So basically eventhough it has auto sensing high level input, we still need to hook it up to a remote line just to be double sure ? ...
Those 2 are just alternate methods for the amp to go on. The Remote Turn-On signal does it earlier than the High Level input sensing, and is preferable. This can be wired to the ACC line (the charger sockets are connected to it, as is the HU), or it can be connected to the Remote Turn-On line of the HU.

The latter is preferable, since if for any reason one turns off the HU, the amp will also go off. If connected to ACC, the amp won't go off till the ignition is switched off. The HU Remote Turn-On line is also connected to electrically retractable external antenna, if present - antenna comes out when HU goes on, and is pulled back in when HU goes off.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 17:52   #49
BHPian

Thank you guys for helping out. Your reply did help a lot.
Since we are on the topic, mind if I ask you one more question ?

I was planning to buy the Blaupunkt EMA 255 55 watts RMS 2 channel amp for powering Polk audio db651. Polk is 60 watts RMS. How would these two match ? Also wondering if underpowering causes amp to heat up ?
Also I am curious to know what happens if Speakers are switched to components, say Polk db6501 with RMS 100 watts? Would it damage the amp ?

Boy ! Do I have a lot of questions regarding ICE ?

Last edited by simkuriakose : 9th July 2015 at 17:54.
Old 13th July 2015, 14:36   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I was planning to buy the Blaupunkt EMA 255 55 watts RMS 2 channel amp for powering Polk audio db651. Polk is 60 watts RMS. How would these two match ? Also wondering if underpowering causes amp to heat up ? ...
It will do just fine.

Don't bother about "underpowering". Amplifiers are not like human muscle system which heats up if the load is too much, and cause the sweat system to start working to cool it down.

An amplifier provides just as much power as the input signal needs based on the gain that is set. In *normal* listening, this is 0-30W rms based on the musical passage. If the gain is set too high, distortion sets in when one cranks up volume. This distortion can either come from the amplifier (I shudder at the thought of that sound - a shiver runs down my spine) or speakers (usually a slapping sound preceding a sound best described as cloth tearing, before the white-robed ghost of the speaker appears in front of you with mouth agape and lower jaw hanging low).

Quote:
... Also I am curious to know what happens if Speakers are switched to components, say Polk db6501 with RMS 100 watts? Would it damage the amp ? ...
No, it won't damage the amp. Neither will the speakers complain of being underfed.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2015, 21:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
This distortion can either come from the amplifier (I shudder at the thought of that sound - a shiver runs down my spine) or speakers (usually a slapping sound preceding a sound best described as cloth tearing, before the white-robed ghost of the speaker appears in front of you with mouth agape and lower jaw hanging low).
Nicely said. That was quite a literary description. Clever and funny

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks