Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 00:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Morel+JVC+Pioneer - budget ICE setup in my SX4 ZXi VVT

Not only does this blend well. It seems it's quite loaded to the gill with features too. Like that it shows the battery and range info of the connected phone too.
Also did you manage to negotiate on the dampening material? or is payment still pending?
Old 15th April 2011, 09:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Not only does this blend well. It seems it's quite loaded to the gill with features too. Like that it shows the battery and range info of the connected phone too.
Also did you manage to negotiate on the dampening material? or is payment still pending?
The features list does not stop there .. There are tons of options for each of the main features -
- bluetooth - phonebook transfer so you can make calls from the HU itself, dialed/missed/received calls logs, option to ring either the phone or the HU for incoming calls, you can pair upto 2 phones and easily switch between the two, etc.
- display - negative(light text on dark background)/positive(dark text on light bg) display, turn on/off the track info (from ID3 tags etc.), scrolling options, separate color profiles for day and night time and much more
- one-touch access - pressing volume knob mutes (BT/FM/Aux In) or pauses (USB/CD) the HU, dedicated call-receive button, parametric EQ, and on and on
- you can even choose to exclude BT, Aux-In and AM radio from the list of media sources which you access by pressing the source button repeatedly; quite handy since most folks never listen to AM, etc.

I'm still exploring all the features of the HU and I'm mighty impressed already. Good choice overall.

About the dampening .. I still have to make the final payment for the components .. and I'm also getting leather composite (stitched) seats done from him. So, I will talk to him regarding the dampening material when I have to finally settle the bill.

Last edited by etchemkay : 15th April 2011 at 10:01.
Old 16th April 2011, 21:15   #18
BHPian

A small update here - I went to Car Cupid today to get the SWI (steering wheel interface) installed. Alas, this did not work as we could not program the "PAC SWI JACK v1" to learn the steering wheel buttons of the SX4. After the folks at Car Cupid tried for some time (with detailed instruction in the user manual and some that I had obtained off the internet), I trieed my hand at it for 45 minutes to get the programming done .. but to no avail.

If anyone has used the PAC SWI for any HU or any other car (not necessarily JVC+SX4 combo) successfully .. please let me know. I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.
Old 17th April 2011, 21:30   #19
BHPian

Congrats etchemkay for a nicely balanced ICE install. Give the Maximos around 30-40 hours of run-in time and they'll start sounding even better. I wish the crossovers had tweeter level control but for the price, they are truly VFM. Did the installer insist on putting the crossovers in the door? It's not a preferred location and you might find them getting loose few months down the line. Have to say that the HU looks almost stock with the color scheme! A stock HU with 3 5v Pre-Outs is awesome! Enjoy the music!
Old 18th April 2011, 12:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
Congrats etchemkay for a nicely balanced ICE install. Give the Maximos around 30-40 hours of run-in time and they'll start sounding even better. I wish the crossovers had tweeter level control but for the price, they are truly VFM. Did the installer insist on putting the crossovers in the door? It's not a preferred location and you might find them getting loose few months down the line. Have to say that the HU looks almost stock with the color scheme! A stock HU with 3 5v Pre-Outs is awesome! Enjoy the music!
Thanks thelord ( funny how that sounds when you say it out loud) .. What is a better alternate location for the crossovers? I did not want to lose the stock look and also the crossovers did not have any controls - so that meant crossovers had to be concealed. Are crossovers also installed in the trunk, next to the amp? I would think that the closer the crossovers to the speakers the better, right? Any other location in the door itself? Appreciate the suggestions.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
If anyone has used the PAC SWI for any HU or any other car (not necessarily JVC+SX4 combo) successfully .. please let me know. I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.
Anyone ? I'm in a fix here .. Would appreciate any help/pointers.
Old 26th April 2011, 23:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Anyone ? I'm in a fix here .. Would appreciate any help/pointers.
Well i don't know abt the PAC module.. But i used a generic IR steering wheel remote module which i bought from a well known accessory shop in mumbai for 3.5k. i was on the lookout for the PAC module and had all but sourced it down from the US along with the US spec scosche SX4 dashkit that i procured from the states (as i wasn't at all happy with the fit and finish and uneven gaps between the HU and the dashkit of the scosche kits available in india, when the final look of the dash was top priority for me). But then i stumbled upon this module which has various models especially for various makes like honda, toyota, suzuki etc. It also carries a lifetime warranty and it needs no programming and is plug and play, i picked it up without any hesitation and it was installed along with my HU in a jiffy. I do not recollect the name of the brand though. but it works like a charm on my sx4 even with my aftermarket Pioneer AVH4250DVD Hu with absolutely no lag at all. I don't have WIP pics but i do have the IR remote sensor installed pic. Here are pics of the IR remote sensor and the HU installed in the AMRICAA spec Scosche dashkit.

Morel+JVC+Pioneer - budget ICE setup in my SX4 ZXi VVT-dsc01433.jpg

Morel+JVC+Pioneer - budget ICE setup in my SX4 ZXi VVT-dsc01429.jpg

Morel+JVC+Pioneer - budget ICE setup in my SX4 ZXi VVT-img2011040900106.jpg

cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 26th April 2011 at 23:34.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:43   #23
BHPian

@ Prince85

Hey buddy, it would be great if you could provide the name of the IR remote interface module & if possible the name, phone number of the shop you bought it from.

My cousin lives in Bombay, so I can get him to buy it for me and then I'll get it shipped to New Delhi.
Old 27th April 2011, 11:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
@ Prince85

Hey buddy, it would be great if you could provide the name of the IR remote interface module & if possible the name, phone number of the shop you bought it from.

My cousin lives in Bombay, so I can get him to buy it for me and then I'll get it shipped to New Delhi.

hey buddy, have pm'ed you the contact details of the person who can get you the steering wheel interface in mumbai. Soo are you still using the JVC touchscreen HU? IIRC it was on sale in classifieds sometime back.

Anyways, along with procuring the IR remote interface, i would also strongly suggest you changeover from your existing MGP dashkit to this one Scosche SI2228B Double or Single DIN Installation Dash Kit for . I know i always suggested the MGP kit till not soo long ago. But that was only in comparison to the other kits available in the local market. But if you can get hold of the one shown in the above link just like i did. It would be a great way to enhance and make the dash look bone stock with zero gaps

cheers
Old 27th April 2011, 16:02   #25
Senior - BHPian

It would have been much better if the remote sensor were placed in the roof light unit, especially the one near the IVRM, if you have one, that it.

This way the sensor would not be exposed.

Nitin
Old 27th April 2011, 17:07   #26
BHPian

@ etchemkay: Your setup looks awesome, Congrats!!

To ICE experts, what are the chances of adding a 2 DIN System to my Logan? The slot available is for 1 DIN in the dash. Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 27th April 2011, 17:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
It would have been much better if the remote sensor were placed in the roof light unit, especially the one near the IVRM, if you have one, that it.

This way the sensor would not be exposed.

Nitin
Hi nitin, that idea was also thought off and tried but strangely the steering wheel buttons were responding with a bit of lag when installed inside the map-lights. Tried installing outside the map-lights cover but then that was interfering with the operation of the map-lights as the Sx4 has a twin map light "press type" configuration. The A-pillar setup was therefore preferred as the operation of the steering wheel remote in this config was as fast as stock. The sensor is anyways very small and its hardly noticeable. The pic i've put up is a closeup one hence i guess it looks big

cheers
Old 20th July 2011, 16:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

My relative has booked an SX4 diesel.
He is looking for an ICE upgrade and needs an HU which has bluetooth, GPS, reverse camera in built.
Anyone aware of something like this?
Old 20th July 2011, 16:34   #29
BHPian

@etchemkay , congrats. nice setup .
Offtopic, could you pls tell me the inner diameter of the silver ring on the base of the gear lever.Just wanted to check whether it will fit in our car.I like it.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

SUN he could opt for a Caska unit.
Or others like Sony, JVC and Pioneer offer them too.
Also check out the map my india website for details on GPS and enabling it on current touchscreen setups.

Most Viewed