Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2011, 23:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Morel+JVC+Pioneer - budget ICE setup in my SX4 ZXi VVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
A small update here - I went to Car Cupid today to get the SWI (steering wheel interface) installed. Alas, this did not work as we could not program the "PAC SWI JACK v1" to learn the steering wheel buttons of the SX4. After the folks at Car Cupid tried for some time (with detailed instruction in the user manual and some that I had obtained off the internet), I trieed my hand at it for 45 minutes to get the programming done .. but to no avail.

If anyone has used the PAC SWI for any HU or any other car (not necessarily JVC+SX4 combo) successfully .. please let me know. I would like to know what I'm doing wrong.
Bought the same unit from US and had the same problems in Honda City. Aman at Motor Concept tried hard but couldnt figure it out. Alas I fixed it myself . The hard part was that Honda City was not listed on PAC website. However i figured out later that Honda Fit has same wiring as City, but its 2009 Honda Fit that one should look at, spcly the one that has the mode button. Once I found the write web page it was as easy as licking cream from ice (whatever heck that means ).

Below is the PAC link applicable for ANHC:

Pac-audio.com Steering Wheel Interface | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

The trick here was to ground the brown wire from the stereo interface connector and obviously attach register between the white wire from PAC and the purple wire from PAC. Finally cut the brown connected wires.

I am so glad I did this, as I absolutely loved the stereo mounted controls as I sit really back in my automatic. There is a lag when operating the volume button, either u need to press harder and than there is no lag or u need to wait for like 0.5 seconds for your inputs to take effect. Its only on the volume buttons nothing else.

The moral of the story is, not many installers yet know about SWI to retain steering controls in India. Google is your best friend. I was lucky I got the Honda Fit page, specially this one as the other Honda Fit do not have the same steps. Once I had the right page it was matter of seconds and the smile on my face after I got it working was well worth it.

I saw a bhpian today at MotorConcepts and he had the same PAC interface in his Swift, so I am sure it wil work.

Found the link/guide for SX4, its much easier to do than ANHC as you only use 2 wires with no resistor. Remember to earth the black wire and than plug the white wire to the green wire on your stereo interface:

Pac-audio.com Page Not Found | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future=

Good Luck!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks