Team-BHP - Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/110822-exterior-interior-detailing-car-cares-chennai.html)

I came across Car Cares from Snapdeal.

I had burned my hands earlier with Carnation's Snapdeal voucher - but I decided to try them out anyway as I'm always optimistic about small owner run firms.

So I fixed an appointment and went there a bit early. The Manager Praveen was alert and immediately took over. He made me sit in a fantastic AC Lounge with a big LCD TV running Madagascar and comfy seats. There were some short eats and Magazines on that Table.
Note:I came to learn that the Ford EcoSport Mini SUV is coming in 2012. That was good news to me.
I'd say the best part of this place is the lounge.

So while I waited - an army of 5 guys came to clean my car. They used Meguiars and lots branded Microfiber cloths. They had a RODAK vacuum cleaner and BOSE Aquajet 110 for cleaning purposes. But since it was a Snapdeal voucher, they only used the MF cloths and the vacuum cleaner.

I have to say - they did a fantastic job of cleaning the car. They removed all the items and cleaned the interiors superbly.

The exteriors were only cleaned with plain water probably. But shortly my car was all gleaming and nice.

Compared to the Carnation's work - they were a very dedicated Team and took care of a lot of little stuff. Stuff like cleaning the inside of the windshield, the chrome grill etc.

At the end of the cleaning job - I told him I'm from Team BHP and he brightened up. I didnt tell earlier, because I wanted to know how the job turned out for a "normal" customer. But he did a stellar job anyway.

They also have plans to provide annual maintenance packages where they come home and clean your car. But that will come after December.

Here is the brochure for services provided.

Thats nice to hear. Could you please post some pics of your car ? The pics could do the talking. Prices seem reasonable for the jobs.

I saw the website, but is not much informatve. The pamphlet that is scanned in this thread throws more light. Thank you for that.

Again: Please post some pics of your car :)

Sure Bharat.

I took some Photos after asking permission from the Manager. Didnt upload them.

Here they are. Do note - the photos of the car were taken at an intermediary stage. Also - Phone Camera - so pictures are notional.
Picture#1,2 - Crew cleaning the car.
Picture#3 - The fantastic Lounge.
Picture#4 - Machine Car wash - Not operational now, but will be sometime in the near future.

Thank you very much Brix. Nice find this and I feel the charges are pretty competitive too. You seem very satisfied with the service provided, which is another big plus.

Sorry if I'm bothering you with many questions, please do let us know if you have information around the following.

How long did it take for them to complete the job?Do you have to compulsarily fix an appointment in advance?

Is this is just next to derby showroom on OMR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 2574472)
Sure Bharat.

I took some Photos after asking permission from the Manager. Didnt upload them.

Here they are. Do note - the photos of the car were taken at an intermediary stage. Also - Phone Camera - so pictures are notional.
Picture#1,2 - Crew cleaning the car.
Picture#3 - The fantastic Lounge.
Picture#4 - Machine Car wash - Not operational now, but will be sometime in the near future.

Pictures are good. Maybe once i am in chennai, i will try thier services. I went to a service center in Ayanavaram and it was pathetic. This center looks much more better than that. in fact there is no comparison.

I dont think the manager will have any problem. Just mention about Team-BHP and this thread (show it to them on your mobile or in thier computer) and am sure he will do a good job. It is free marketing / publicity for him also. If we write positive comments, it is good for him as more customers will flock to him. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bala80 (Post 2574929)

How long did it take for them to complete the job?Do you have to compulsarily fix an appointment in advance?

Is this is just next to derby showroom on OMR?

No problem Bala. Took them about an hour. About 3.00 - 4.00.
I tried to prepone it - but they politely declined. Which means that they hold their appointments well and don't make you wait for service. That's another plus. Yes - you do need to fix an appointment. Saves both your time and his time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 2574982)

I dont think the manager will have any problem. Just mention about Team-BHP and this thread (show it to them on your mobile or in thier computer) and am sure he will do a good job. It is free marketing / publicity for him also. If we write positive comments, it is good for him as more customers will flock to him. :)

The manager was very young and very courteous. Not the pompous frustrated type who brings his problems to the workplace and takes them out on the customer.

The best part of the deal was - I used the Snapdeal voucher which was worth Rs.121. The Carnation voucher was Rs.99.
The Carnation guy did a Rs.99 job whereas the Car Cares guy did a Rs.600 worth job. That was the difference.

Am thinking of doing the Washing and Polishing there sometime next month.

Thats a lovely detailing job and the car is glowing like it was brand new. And, did you just pay Rs.121 for the voucher? No additional charges apart from that?

Btw, any idea what product they used for the exterior detailing?

Cheers !

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2576270)
Thats a lovely detailing job and the car is glowing like it was brand new. And, did you just pay Rs.121 for the voucher? No additional charges apart from that?

Btw, any idea what product they used for the exterior detailing?

Cheers !

To be honest - my driver wipes the car 2 times a week. And I used to clean it myself many months back. So the exterior is quite clean generally.

But of late - I stopped cleaning it myself and the interiors were quite dirty.

Yes - the Snapdeal voucher is just Rs.121.

Here's the link to it:
Car Cares - Car Cleaning Service - Kottivakkam - Chennai - Snapdeal.com

Of course - I felt very happy with the Job and tipped them Rs.100. They refused to take it initially, but the Manager told them its alright to take it. Good attitude needs to be rewarded immediately.

The answer to the last question - is Pure Water from a spray can.

Whatta coincidence. Just got the same brochure dropped in my letter box over the weekend. Will check it out now. My ride is in due need of overall detailing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 2573769)
I came across Car Cares from Snapdeal.

I had burned my hands earlier with Carnation's Snapdeal voucher - but I decided to try them out anyway as I'm always optimistic about small owner run firms.

@Brix,

What was that hand burning experience at Carnation? I also have a voucher (actually 2 of them!), so it will be very useful to know before I burn mine as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by samm (Post 2577346)
@Brix,

What was that hand burning experience at Carnation? I also have a voucher (actually 2 of them!), so it will be very useful to know before I burn mine as well.

I too had a bad experience with Carnation through Snapdeal voucher.

1)Lack of interest when told that we are here for Snapdeal service only. (No major service / general service needed).
2) Preference not given (Means people behind me in que for paid service were treated before me.)
3)As this is supposed to be a promo for Carnation, it is logic that they must do a good job. Cleaning was Pathetic and they denied the polishing stating that please do it next time. (your apartment watchman will do a better cleaning than what was done at carnation)
4) gave my car (Santro) by 9:30 am for Wash and wheel alignment / balancing and was delivered by 6:00 pm only. If i washed my car at my neghbourhood perol pump and aligned my wheels at the local shop, i would have been home in 3 hours at the max.
5) Almost inexistent Customer Lounge

In case you guys are looking for another good place to get your car cleaned up, CarzSpa is the place to go.

The CarzSpa guys are through professionals. They recommend only what is necessary. Nothing extra is "pushed". Although expensive by other standards, I will gladly fork out what they charge. Worth every penny.

Carz Spa is the place to go. The owner, Mr Pavan Reddy has a passion for cars himself and is very knowledgable about the products. He is NOT like the average businessman who would sell / recommend a product which fetches him maximum commisson. I too am very happy. An Innova / Fortuner is on the cards for me, and no guesses on where i am planning to ICE and Detail it.

The problems that i faced with other car detailers.

Thejas SPA (ECR) - Snapdeal - Told no water to wash cars :mad:
Thejas SPA (Skywalk Mall) - Pamphlet - Am supposed to pay the exhorbitant parking fee of the mall. I do not see logic here. The car is being detailed in the ground floor and will not at all use parking slots. I wont pay parking charges for the same. Pure cheating.
Thejas SPA (Royapettah) - average service. as mentioned, neighbourhood watchman will do a better job.
Car Wash India (Ayanavaram) - Pathetic - one word - inexistent customer lounge, Taxi driver like treatment, sticker stuck on windscreen which had sun film :Frustrati

Got my Optra washed and polished today at Car-Cares, OMR.

Called in and booked an appointment for 2:00 PM. Drove down to OMR, and located the place easily.
Drove in and was greeted by Praveen. Very nice chap, extremely friendly :)

Gave car for water wash, polish and interior cleaning.
Customer bay is very comfortable, and is made of glass. So customers can see and monitor the work being done on their car.

Total time taken for water wash, wax polish, and interior cleaning was a meagre 1.5 hours!
Very good job done by the team. They also stock Meguiars and Jopasu products.
My car was lying outside under the sun for about a week, and had collected all sorts of bird dirt and leaves.
After the service, car looked awesome!
Took some snaps of the car being serviced.
Car wash and detailing bay is nice and clean.
However, they did not have any option to clean the under body of the car.

Wanted to pick up the Quick Detailer along with the Jopasu Duster, but there was only one piece available and Praveen said it was not in the best condition.
Will be picking it up later next month.

Overall satisfaction - 5/5
They do recommend booking the service in advance, so they can reserve the slot.
Prompt Service, and excellent well trained staff.
Will be coming here frequently for washing. Once this coat of wax wears off, want to try out the 3M people. Have only heard good things about them :D

I have been using their Quick Wash service for Rs. 100/- for some time now. A very meticulous job for the price. Unfortunately, they will be phasing out this option soon it appears.

I gave my Tata Safari recently for a complete external and internal detailing, something thats been long overdue as mentioned in a post above. However, I could not take snaps for the silly reason I forgot to charge the camera batteries before I took it stupid:

But Quality of work, attention to detail 5/5. My almost 4 year old ride is looking sweet. Its got the wet look all around and its difficult to guess its age.

The interiors do not have the chemical smell lingering in and almost all the stains in my fabric seat covers are gone. Not completely, but much more than I expected.

The manager and the owner are two young blokes. The manager Praveen is attentive and responsive. The owner, Jeremiah David, is in addition very confident, dedicated and focussed on getting the job done right.

Knowing my vehicle's state, I had asked them to split the interior and exterior over two days. I guess they underestimated and said they will take care of it in a day. Boy, were they wrong. I dropped off my vehicle before 11:00 am. I reached their establishment at 9:30 in the night. And the entire crew was still busy at work. It got done only at 11:00 pm, yes 12 hours later.

It seems they had finished off an initial round of detailing after which Jeremiah caught on to various spots/flecks in the paint work. So redid some of the work. Whatever, but what I appreciated is even at that time in the night I did not find anyone slacking. Even Jeremiah too was standing alongside his crew helping them out. Was the work completely perfect, may not be (nothing at all to complain really). But I will go again just for the sincerity and responsiveness of this crew.

If not anything Kudos to their dedication.

Ohh yeah, it costed me 4,600/- for the entire job. Considering the state it was in, money well spent. For the likes of me living in Thiruvanmiyur, this is a great option.

If you do go there mention the Mountain Green Safari with KA registration, I am sure they will know whom you are talking about.