Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 14:37   #106
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

I was at the 3m car care nungambakkam for a basic foam wash today and it was a walk in appointment. They informed me that I will have to wait for an hour and they took my VW polo at 2 sharp and it was supposed to be foam wash but there were hardly any foam coming from the foam gun and I informed the person at the reception to have a look and by then the wash guy used the micro fiber and washed the car as the foam gun was faulty. I informed that there is no foam and how can they wash it like that and I informed him that I regular and I know how the foam wash is and they informed me that they washed all previous cars this way. I objected and they used the foam gun again and washed with minimum foam. Though I am not satisfied with the service this occassion, there were lot of cars left for service. I wonder if they all will be wiped the same way using water as they did to my car without any foam or wash liquid. It was also informed that the owner has also opened another showroom in mount road. I hope he gives equal importance to this 3m car care at nungambakkam too. Check the picture and that was all the foam that was used.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-image.jpg  

Gocool2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 21:58   #107
BANNED

Re: 3M Car Care Santhome 50-50

Hi All,

Had been to 3m santhome two weeks back for interior cleaning (bacteria removal package) for my i20.

the work was good and at a time 4 people were working on my car.

Price wise i felt it was little on the higher side but what i didnt like was after coming home i noticed that the interior light was still dirty ,so i called vijay immediately expecting a neutral answer from him.My intention was not to complain but inform him that it might be left unnoticed , but his reaction was "i will ask the team to send the photographs taken during the cleaning" and they sent it too.

I only expected him to say "ok sir please bring the car we will check" but that never happened.after some time I took a photo and sent it him thru Whatsapp ,till today there is not call or message from him,

Overall good workmanship but not a customer friendly outlet,i might not go there again :-(
joshguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:51   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
I objected and they used the foam gun again and washed with minimum foam. Though I am not satisfied with the service this occasion, there were lot of cars left for service. I wonder if they all will be wiped the same way using water as they did to my car without any foam or wash liquid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Overall good workmanship but not a customer friendly outlet, I might not go there again
I am surprised to see such service coming from the masters themselves and that too in a Metro city. Just for the heck of it please put in a word with 3M and not with that store as the complaint will not be taken seriously.

It works. Try it out and the next time when you visit the experience will change.

Anurag.
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:09   #109
BHPian

I got a call from the Nungambakkam 3m car care and they apologised for the service. It was informed to me that the foam gun was set right immediately and it couldn't be set right when my car was serviced as the person InCharge was out for lunch. They also offered me a free foam wash on my next visit. The reason I brought it out was not for the free wash but to get themselves corrected. I might go there next time if car cares is closed. My fist preference is always car cares anyday. Having visited both the 3m's here.
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:54   #110
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care Santhome 50-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

Had been to 3m santhome two weeks back for interior cleaning (bacteria removal package) for my i20.

the work was good and at a time 4 people were working on my car.

Price wise i felt it was little on the higher side but what i didnt like was after coming home i noticed that the interior light was still dirty ,so i called vijay immediately expecting a neutral answer from him.My intention was not to complain but inform him that it might be left unnoticed , but his reaction was "i will ask the team to send the photographs taken during the cleaning" and they sent it too.

I only expected him to say "ok sir please bring the car we will check" but that never happened.after some time I took a photo and sent it him thru Whatsapp ,till today there is not call or message from him,

Overall good workmanship but not a customer friendly outlet,i might not go there again :-(
The Santhome outlet is no great shakes. I had my interior cleaning there as well, they left out some spots without cleaning. They did not mask all the electricals too. Like steering controls, etc.

3M Nungambakkam was good, not sure how it is now without Dushy supervising there. I for one, have stopped going to 3M for good.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 13:09   #111
BHPian

3M is setting up a new shop just next to Mainland China, OMR, just meters away from PTC bus-stop. Went for team lunch last week and noticed they have put up the board. They were not operational though.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 21:56   #112
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried the OMR branch yet?
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:03   #113
Senior - BHPian

I visited the OMR branch and took a full interior cleaning package. Very satisfied with the entire service. Has a professional touch to the way the place is run. The owners are nice folks to interact with. They also have mats, films and other regular 3M stuff.

My interiors were very soiled so needed additional time (had to pay the price for carrying my cycle and RC cars ). Also went for an basic exterior wash. Time taken 3.5hrs. The place is huge and can accommodate several cars at a time. The wash section is separated from the detailing area. As its closer to my place compared to Car Cares, will shift my loyalty to this place.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 2nd June 2014 at 17:05.
mail4ajo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 07:46   #114
BHPian

Had gone to the OMR branch a few days after the store was opened to get my car done. The place is quite big and is what one would expect from a 3M store. They did a good job on the car, but the attention to detail that I've come to expect after my visits to CarCares isn't there. The prices are a bit on the higher side too but that's really a non-issue. It's past the toll gate so that's a bit of an irritation if there's traffic.
BraveArc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 10:00   #115
BHPian

I have done interior detailing in 3M OMR two weeks back. The place is very good (big area, clean, good customer lounge). The people are friendly, explained the services in detail and not pushed hard with any selling.

The quality of work is good. I used to do interior cleaning along with regular service in Ford service. The work quality in 3M is much better but the cost also more than double than ford service center (it cost me 2.4K in 3M). I was told i will get an offer of a/c duct cleaning coupon free for the service i have taken (but haven't got the coupon yet as the coupons were not available at the time my car cleaning is done).
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 22:04   #116
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)

I had a not so good experience in 3M CARCARE (next to Main Land China - OMR). Took my Honda City there(as recommended by some Team BHPians to get under body anti rust coating done), after fixing up an appointment the previous day. They had quoted 3390 + 12.36% Service tax. For this treatment there was a complementary UV treatment done worth 1200 as per them . I had no other plans but to get under body anti rust treatment. Got reminder from them 30 minutes prior to scheduled time and reached there right on time. Then a gentleman of 3M Car Care OMR told me they had other things such as Paint Protection, 3D Mats, Sun Control Film etc. and I told him that I had no plans and will get in touch later. But he offered to explain me each feature and started explaining the benefits of each and the square feet rate of each.

In the process he made me accept 'Scotchgard' protection for a minimum area (4 Door edges, 4 Door Handles and bumpers) and I presumed it to be 10 Sq.ft. It should be the mistake from my side. Signed the work order (which did not mention about the approximate cost of each job)and reached my office which is 10 minutes drive from there. On reaching office I realized that I failed to confirm the area and costing for scotchgard and so called him up. To my dismay he said 40 sqft and that could easily be a bill of 20K. I told him you remove it from my requirement and he said he is talking to some other customer and will call me after attending to him.

I got a call a from him 20 minutes later and he told that the order had already been fed to the system and so it cannot be stopped now. I got annoyed and I told him that I will pay for my foolishness and hung up. He called again and told me that he had sent an email to HO and requested their consent to stop that order and they accepted (I did not believe all that and discorded as a regular sales talk). He told me that by that time they had done film work in Door edges and behind the Handles and I told him I will pay for that and he assured me that further work has been stopped and the car will now get under body treatment done.

When I went to collect the vehicle in the evening he apologised for what ever happened in the morning and told me that 4 Sqft of material was consumed for the door edges and area behind the handles and my mind was not in the frame of grasping what said and just wanted to get out that place as I was already very sour. I paid the bill and came back. A day later I thought I would measure the film used and when I did the measurement I was shocked to see that the total area which was covered by scotchgard was less than 1 sqft for which they had charged me for 4 sqft.

I straightaway logged in to 3M web site and raised a complaint asked them to substantiate why they charged me for 4sqft when the actual film area was less than 1 sqft even if 1 more sqft was allowed for wastage, I still had paid for 2 sqft in excess.

Today I had a call from 3M CARCARE OMR and the same person was on line. He told me that he has been advised by the HO to cover 2 more sqft. I told him that I will get it done some time next week and told him that his deed had no ethical values and he apologised again. Even now I feel so sour that I am in no mood to go and get my 2sqft area used up.

I really do not understand their motive behind over charging customers assuming them to be ignorant. I am happy that 3M India at least intervened and did some justice.

This big post is not to celebrate the gain or any such thing. I just wanted to warn Fellow BHPians to get a clear estimate for any such jobs before okaying any such proposals.
Old 25th August 2014, 23:10   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
I had a not so good experience in 3M CARCARE (next to Main Land China - OMR).

Since when did Car Cares become a 3M dealership? They were running their own shop two years back when I used to be a regular visitor.
Old 26th August 2014, 00:17   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Since when did Car Cares become a 3M dealership? They were running their own shop two years back when I used to be a regular visitor.
Should have been very recent. I remember seeing a
A post about that in team bhp recently. I felt happy that I have source very nearby but it turned sour.
Old 26th August 2014, 07:28   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes. They are different. Did you have a nice experience in kottivakkam?
Old 26th August 2014, 14:46   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Yes. They are different. Did you have a nice experience in kottivakkam?
I haven't been there yet. As I have said before on this thread, it is near where I live, and I will. The car will go there for its next full treatment, but that was done by the VW guys in February only.

I'll talk to them about maintenance contract too when I do.

We are currently up to our necks in flood defence. No time to think about car cleaning!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed