Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 16:58   #121
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
I had a not so good experience in 3M CARCARE (next to Main Land China - OMR)
Quote:
Should have been very recent. I remember seeing a
A post about that in team bhp recently. I felt happy that I have source very nearby but it turned sour.
Quote:
Yes. They are different. Did you have a nice experience in kottivakkam?
You seem to be talking about the newly opened 3M store on the OMR, beside Mainland China. This thread is about CAR CARes.

3M Car Care & CAR CARes are as similar as chalk & chicken liver pate. Besides, CAR CARes does not offer any sort of under body anti rust coating.
If you wish to discuss more about 3M Car Care, please start a separate thread.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 18:47   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...start a separate thread
There is already a thread for 3m Car Care in Chennai. Maybe the mods will move. I'll press the report button and request. (EDIT: done)

Anyway, Seran Manian's experiences are enough to make me not want to go back their, although my own at the original Nungambakkam branch, two years ago, were good. I'd tell them what they can do with their "in the system" and "head office says" nonsense.

~

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 26th August 2014 at 18:52.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 17:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I haven't been there yet. As I have said before on this thread, it is near where I live, and I will. The car will go there for its next full treatment, but that was done by the VW guys in February only.

I'll talk to them about maintenance contract too when I do.

We are currently up to our necks in flood defence. No time to think about car cleaning!
Update on the issue: 3M Regional Rep called me up today and regretted the incident. I told him the full story and he assured that he will instruct them about giving the estimate of each of the jobs to be mentioned in the work order and also regretted that 1sqft area being billed as 4 sqft. He also mentioned that the customer has the right to modify or cancel the work order (if it is not loo late). Happy that 3M understood my feeling as a customer.
Old 28th August 2014, 20:43   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the issue: 3M Regional Rep called me up today and regretted the incident. I told him the full story and he assured that he will instruct them about giving the estimate of each of the jobs to be mentioned in the work order and also regretted that 1sqft area being billed as 4 sqft. He also mentioned that the customer has the right to modify or cancel the work order (if it is not loo late). Happy that 3M understood my feeling as a customer.
Did they agree to reiumburse the money for 3 sq ft or did they agree to do 3 more sq ft free of cost?

Apologies does not matter in today's world. Compensation is needed. Please ask them to at the very least, do the remaining 3 sqft free of cost, if they have some stupid policy that money cannot be returned.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 28th August 2014 at 20:49.
scopriobharath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 21:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Did they agree to reiumburse the money for 3 sq ft or did they agree to do 3 more sq ft free of cost?

Apologies does not matter in today's world. Compensation is needed. Please ask them to at the very least, do the remaining 3 sqft free of cost, if they have some stupid policy that money cannot be returned.
Thanks for your suggestion. The 3m guy at OMR has already accepted to do the balance sqft. I have told him I will get it done the coming week.
Seran Manian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 02:25   #126
BANNED

Quote:

This big post is not to celebrate the gain or any such thing. I just wanted to warn Fellow BHPians to get a clear estimate for any such jobs before okaying any such proposals.
Thanks sir for the post that helps other BHPians and guests as well to know the reality and behaviour of these guys at 3M and the way they handle customers.

Initially I was a regular customer at 3M, Hyderabad but now it is been long since I have visited them. The reviews, opinions online have made me stay away from 3M for the detailing needs.

Looks like they are getting a head-strong that they are the detailing kings in India and no one can beat them.

I did want to get a paint sealant - Advanced done + PPF on ORVM but now I guess I'll better stay away.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 21:30   #127
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Yesterday gave the car for periodic wash/wax session with 3M Virugambakkam and as usual the work was very satisfactory. Highly recommend this place. Between Met BHP-ian @Dieseldunk and its always pleasant meeting a fellow bhp-ian anywhere. Also met with another BHP-ian's Flashy red Punto 90, Whoever you are nice car there buddy ..
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20140920_164407.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20140920_164132.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20140920_163933.jpg  

DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 06:21   #128
BHPian

Re: Car Repairs & Maintenance : A.M. Motors (Bangalore)

Recently had gone to the 3M car care in Virugambakkam (opposite Chandra mall) Chennai and found the manager Mr Shahul to be very proactive and customer friendly. Once i told him of the T-BHP he was even more eager.

decent space ,customer lounge ambience is pretty decent.
overall nice experience

Incidentally was able to meet and chat with another BHPian- drive Addict (nice meeting you Rohit)

You can call Mr.Shahul and fix up for any stuff at 3M call @ 9444390580.

Cheers

Note from Support - Post moved to the relevant thread. Please use the search function to locate the correct thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th October 2014 at 18:41. Reason: post moved
Old 6th December 2014, 19:01   #129
D C
BHPian

New 3M Car Care on ECR between Thiruvanmiyur Bus Depot and RTO

A new 3M Car Care is being opened on ECR. This is located half a kilometer from Thiruvanmiyur Bus Depot towards RTO right after the first signal near Fish & Grill restaurant.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-3m-car-care-ecr.jpg  

Old 6th December 2014, 20:13   #130
BANNED

Re: New 3M Car Care on ECR between Thiruvanmiyur Bus Depot and RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
A new 3M Car Care is being opened on ECR. This is located half a kilometer from Thiruvanmiyur Bus Depot towards RTO right after the first signal near Fish & Grill restaurant.
Oho, hopefully they have a good service record with customers. They current one in Chennai has many complaints.

Have you visited the store?

Anurag.
Old 6th December 2014, 20:17   #131
D C
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Oho, hopefully they have a good service record with customers. They current one in Chennai has many complaints.

Have you visited the store?

Anurag.
Hey Anurag, They haven't opened yet, as of yesterday evening. From a quick glance I got, it looks like they will open sometime this week.

Regards
DC
D C is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 23:26   #132
BHPian

Last Saturday my Black Beauty visited 3M Car Care Mylapore Branch for an Exterior/Interior restoration. As usual Sundar & Team have done a wonderful job. Since my car is only 7 months old, I did not have much expectations regarding the outcome, but at the time of delivery I could not believe the results. I really appreciate the way the team handles / cares about the minor detailing(most of which is ignored by others). The freshness felt was something I did not experience even on the day one of my new car. Kudos Team...
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_6605.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_6606.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_6607.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_6608.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_6610.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_6615.jpg  

saabasheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 09:24   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Hey Anurag, They haven't opened yet, as of yesterday evening. From a quick glance I got, it looks like they will open sometime this week.

Regards
DC
They are pretty good. I gave my car for Germ Kleen treatment and I must say the car interior was done really well and I really had no complaints whatsoever.
Also, Ragunath the store manager was very helpful and he even mentioned that they are going to introduce Pick-Up and Drop service soon.

Regards,
Amit
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2015, 14:02   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Yesterday gave the car for periodic wash/wax session with 3M Virugambakkam and as usual the work was very satisfactory. Highly recommend this place. Between Met BHP-ian @Dieseldunk and its always pleasant meeting a fellow bhp-ian anywhere. Also met with another BHP-ian's Flashy red Punto 90, Whoever you are nice car there buddy ..
Hey dear, I am a regular at 3M Virgumbakkam and you might have seen my red rocket. Thanks for the mention, it takes a lot to maintain it that way.
Old 8th February 2015, 00:28   #135
BHPian

Had taken my car to 3M on the ECR last week for a paint sealent job. Its a new facility opened 2 months ago. They did a great job and the owner Mr.Raghunath was a very courteous person. Had to spend around 5 hours there while the car was getting done. The lounge is on the mezzanine from where you can see the work being done. Overall a good experience.

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20150131_171351.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20150131_185254.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20150131_185308.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_20150131_185340.jpg
Jump Start is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed