Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 23:21   #136
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

I visited 3m car care at omr (next to mainland china) and contrary to one of the earlier reported experiences on this thread by a bhpian, i had a very pleasant experience in early january this year. Thought i should it pen it down.

The service rendered to my honda city zx was the front windshield polishing. The windshield had accumulated a lot of muck and oily film over the last 7 years that deflected back badly in the nights.

I had called in late evening aroun 7.30 and mr. srivant willingly took up the appointment even though it meant going beyond the regular closure time. My car was attended to promptly, without disturbance through any attempt at cross selling other products, and in about 45 mins the polishing was done. Sorry no pics as my phone battery was almost dead.

After polishing i noticed some fine dots on the windshield and was told that these are due to the stone chipping that has happened over the last few years of usage and they get exposed after the polishing. I honestly wasnt aware of these but they explained this and i was convinced. However, to my amazement they refused to bill me for the service (cost was approx 1800 Rs) stating they should have highlighted to me before the polishing , that stone chipping marks will be visible! I insisted on paying since the work was done to my satisfaction but they stood their ground and did nit bill me for the service.

I left with a promise to return for other services in the future. Was pleasant to see such customer orientation in these times! Saw a remarkable improvement in visibility through the wind screen after the polishing and is crystal clear after a month too. Thanks mr srivant at 3m!
Seek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 16:21   #137
BHPian

Re: Exterior & Interior Detailing - Car Cares (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
I had a not so good experience in 3M CARCARE (next to Main Land China - OMR). Then a gentleman of 3M Car Care OMR told me they had other things such as Paint Protection, 3D Mats, Sun Control Film etc. and I told him that I had no plans and will get in touch later. But he offered to explain me each feature and started explaining the benefits of each and the square feet rate of each.

In the process he made me accept 'Scotchgard' protection for a minimum area (4 Door edges, 4 Door Handles and bumpers) and I presumed it to be 10 Sq.ft. It should be the mistake from my side. Signed the work order I straightaway logged in to 3M web site and raised a complaint asked them to substantiate why they charged me for 4sqft when the actual film area was less than 1 sqft even if 1 more sqft was allowed for wastage, I still had paid for 2 sqft in excess.

Today I had a call from 3M CARCARE OMR and the same person was on line. He told me that he has been advised by the HO to cover 2 more sqft. I told him that I will get it done some time next week and told him that his deed had no ethical values and he apologised again. Even now I feel so sour that I am in no mood to go and get my 2sqft area used up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Update on the issue: 3M Regional Rep called me up today and regretted the incident. I told him the full story and he assured that he will instruct them about giving the estimate of each of the jobs to be mentioned in the work order and also regretted that 1sqft area being billed as 4 sqft. He also mentioned that the customer has the right to modify or cancel the work order (if it is not loo late). Happy that 3M understood my feeling as a customer.
I had two or three calls from them afterwards asking my vehicle to be brought to them to complete the balance sqft. I was not very much interested as I had done Cq coating immediately after that.

Some thing that I totally unexpected happened this week. I had a call from 3M OMR for the first free half yearly inspection for the under body protective coating I got done in August 2014. I fixed up 19th and informed the staff in my office and they forgot and it was missed. Got a call today and they fixed up at 2-00 PM and when my car reached them, I had a call from them and they offered to complete the pending scotch guard work. I said I am not interested and to my surprise he asked me if he can hand over the balance amount to the person who took the vehicle there. I said ok and never expected them to return about 1600 of the 1800+ they collected from me 6 months back. So in effect I have been charged only about 200+ ( 0.5 sq ft) for the Scotch Guard job.

I think today is my lucky day and 3M - OMR has set things right now in my case.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 20th February 2015 at 16:26.
Seran Manian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 23:08   #138
BHPian

For my new Honda City I was planning to do Anti rust coating at 3M. So visited 3M Car care at Anna Nagar on 28-Feb. Met Megan there and inquired about the available packages. Also, after reading through many review in TBHP, I was inclined to go for 3M Nomad mats as it seems to be good option to protect the beige interior.

Megan explained to me the available packages and assured me he will be sharing the details through email. The environment looked good and all were busy with four cars in the bay. For my earlier car, I had visited 3M Car Care at Nungambakkam, but Anna Nagar seemed to be more spacious and well-organized. As my car registration was planned for 04-Mar, I informed them that will fix appointment after this process. So, I called them on 04th and confirmed appointment for 06th March at 10:00 am.

I received reminder call on 05th and also on 06th morning promptly. I reached 3M car care at about 10:00 am and met Sethu, who explained to me all the available packages. There was no hard selling, but only highlight of benefits. I decided to avail the following services:
  1. Paint Sealant for new car (though TBHP recommended against it)
  2. Anti-corrosive under frame coating with five years warranty
  3. Nomad Mat
  4. Paint protection film

The Nomad mats were available in three colors - Black, Grey and beige. After placing samples inside the cabin, I decided to go for beige color which suited the ambient. Meanwhile Praveen inspected the car thoroughly and informed that the paint quality was good and no damages observed in the car. There was a very minor scratch in the bonnet which was visible only under the light.

The car was then taken for water wash followed by foam wash. After cleaning the car was taken for under frame coating. The Paint sealant consists of exterior washing, foam wash buffing with sealant and final wax application.

In parallel Nomad mats were prepared by cutting to size to suit car interior. I have instructed them to cover under the seat also to prevent soiling of carpet.

Due to highway drive, I used to experience chipping impact on bonnet and front bumper in my previous car. Hence, decided to go for PPF for bonnet, front and rear bumper, door handle and edges. Application of PPF was time-consuming work and took almost five hours to complete. All the work was done with care and attention to detail. The people exhibited professional behavior and work done was highly satisfactory.

Though they suggested me that go for Sun film (CR 70), I decided against it. Below pictures present the quality work done by 3M Car care. I handed over my camera to Praveen who took picture of all processes. It was good to see an enthusiastic team doing perfect work. It was 8:00 pm in the night when I left the showroom with complete satisfaction

Water Wash:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4311.jpg

Foam Wash:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4317.jpg

Before and After Under coating:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4334.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4342.jpg

Paint Sealant

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4352.jpg

PPF:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4373.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4374.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4374_01.jpg

Nomad Mat

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4382.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4382_01.jpg

Final View

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4388.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_4390.jpg
AshBabu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 20:11   #139
Senior - BHPian

There is a 3M branded center on the Velachery-Medavakkam road after Pallikaranai. Its is not a full 3M center but they seems to have some tie-up, use all 3M products and have similar services. I did a normal Rs 450 wash/vacuum and they did a good job. Also got off some tire and glue marks off the bumpers.

Will definitely recommend for basic work. For advanced services, head out to OMR center.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 31st March 2015 at 20:12.
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 20:54   #140
BHPian

There is parking constraint in my apartment. Hence, there was possibility of the protruding boot being scratched when others are taking out their bikes. So, I decided to apply PPF on the boot door also as well. I visited 3M-Annanagar on 28-Mar to do the work.

Megan, Sethu and Praveen were there and took up the work immediately. The team again did a professional job and I was very much satisfied with the outcome. As there were more curves on the rear, putting up the film was a bit tricky. Sethu and team did a splendid job again. Few pictures taken there:

Preparation:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20150328_121613.jpg

Applying the Film:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20150328_122851.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20150328_122929.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20150328_122941.jpg

Finishing:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20150328_123932.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20150328_124739.jpg
Old 6th April 2015, 00:40   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

WHat happens to the log and lettering? Does it cover them too?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 20:35   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
WHat happens to the log and lettering? Does it cover them too?
After the work completion, the film on the logo and lettering were cut using a small knife and removed.
AshBabu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 21:40   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the film on the logo and lettering were cut using a small knife and removed.
Ouch, that must have been quite a job in itself!
Old 25th April 2015, 19:03   #144
BHPian

Got the much famed germkleen plus done on my 15 year old Qualis today. I have had my seats removed and washed at Bosch vadapalani two years back. Yes seat removed and not just the covers. They removed the carpet and washed it. That cost me 4500 and two days in the workshop. Today was a 3 hour wait and cost was 5100. To tell you the truth I wasn't impressed. I feel this is for the rich and famous. Their claim of 99% germ free, no way to prove it, is there? I told them when I hit the seats I don't want to see dust flying. Unfortunately I do see dust. In any case maybe I was expecting too much.
I don't think I will ever do this again. Earlier was considering it for my swift too but nah.
The illogicality in the pricing is something I wanted to mention. The germ kleen is ~3500. The AC vent foaming is 1119 if done separately. Now germ kleen plus is germ kleen + AC vent in one package and that costs 5074!! Doesn't add up. I wasn't convinced by the answers they gave me, just thought would point it out to others so they can save 500rs if done separately.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 15:34   #145
Senior - BHPian

For guys who hit the OMR store, wanted to inform that 3M has started its door step service exclusively serviced by the OMR store. I have the review of the services on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3720226
mail4ajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 19:54   #146
BHPian

Any idea where to get the Ac vent cleaning foam can of 3M, tried online but can't seem to find it at the more common sites
Old 14th June 2015, 13:15   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Any idea where to get the Ac vent cleaning foam can of 3M, tried online but can't seem to find it at the more common sites
I remember my friend who worked for Wurth saying they have a similar. Will check and fit out. Why not ask 3M directly?
Old 14th June 2015, 14:23   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Why not ask 3M directly?
Was keeping as my last option as it is little out of my way.
Old 14th June 2015, 14:41   #149
BHPian

Had 3M nomad mats put in for my Ciaz ... I am very happy with the fit and finish. However when I see some of the images that the rest have you have shared, I am a little jealous that for many of you the rear carpets is one seamless piece while mine is, in fact, 3 separate pieces. They do fit well together - so this is a minor complaint for me.

This was at the 3M centre on Kodambakkam High Road

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_3756.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_3757.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-dscf0515.jpg
Old 29th June 2015, 16:34   #150
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I have a query regarding the 3M Anti Rust Coating.

Specifically, I'm interested to know whether it has any value addition to the car in the long run or not.

Considering I'm in Chennai, and I have no intentions of selling my new i20 over any period of time, does investing in the anti rust coating make any sense?

Also, if someone could shed some light on the approx cost involved for coating the underbody of a hatch like the i20, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks