Team-BHP - Authorised MGP Exclusive Outlet - Susee Auto Spares (Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Authorised MGP Exclusive Outlet - Susee Auto Spares (Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/120163-authorised-mgp-exclusive-outlet-susee-auto-spares-chennai.html)

Most of the Maruti dealers and authorized service centers have stopped Over-The-Counter sales of Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP). Though we can easily get MGP spares in most aftermarket auto spare parts shops, I have always worried about counterfeit MGP packed spares.

After a lot of research found the official website for MGP "www.mgp.co.in" which lists the countrywide MGP exclusive sales outlets.

For Chennai it listed "Susee Auto Spares" at Valasaravakkam & Thondiarpet.

I visited the Valasaravallam outlet (right next to Indian Oil fuel station) and was very impressed. Its located on Arcot Road diagonally opposite to Cars India showroom.

This is an air-conditioned outlet with very friendly & knowledgeable staff. MRP of fast moving spares for all Maruti models (Eg : Air / Fuel / Oil filters, clutch etc) are displayed on a huge board apart from certain body panels, tail lamp assemblies, M800/Omni Original Engine Sub Assembly (for just Rs 12,057).

They have a computerized POS billing system that's also linked up directly to Maruti thru which they raised orders for parts that are not readily stocked by them. From what I could see, it was a proper online inventory & order management system. They accept credit/debit cards as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 2768661)
For Chennai it listed "Susee Auto Spares" at Valasaravakkam & Thondiarpet.

I've been a satisfied customer of Susee for close to 5 years now, would recommend it in a heart-beat.
My experience is limited to their Tondiarpet facility though, which is basically a big warehouse for Maruti parts ! :)
Difficult to get items like Parts-Catalogs & Service-Manuals can be got here easily.
On any given day this place would be buzzing with parts being dispatched all over TN.
I think they handle spare parts for other manufacturers as well.

The address is:
No. 90/12, Seniamman Koil Street,
Tondiarpet,
Chennai 600081.
Phones:
It's a tad difficult to locate though as it's not on any prominent road.
It's behind the Apollo Hospital on Tiruvottiyur High Road - once you're behind Apollo, you'll have to ask for the "rice mill".
The mill itself is behind a large gate (on Seniamman Koil Street) & Susee's nondescript warehouse is at the end of the approach road from the gate.
On Google-Maps, look for 'South Street', off 'Seniamman Koil Street', this is the Google-Maps URL.

A note of caution though, for the past year or so I've been facing issues in getting Authorized-Service-Centers to handle parts bought outside.
Despite the parts being MGP & having been procured through the Authorized MGP Distributor, i.e. Susee, they refuse to handle them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 3333007)
I've been a satisfied customer of Susee for close to 5 years now, would recommend it in a heart-beat.
My experience is limited to their Tondiarpet facility though, which is basically a big warehouse for Maruti parts ! :)

Hi folks, the Susee Motors warehouse at Tondiarpet is not operational now.
Apparently their lease ran out & they've moved everything to their facility in Ekatuthangal.
Happily for North-Chennai folks, they've opened a store near Kellys, specifically, opposite the 'Institute of Mental Health' on 'Medavakkam Tank Road'.
This is the Google-Maps URL of approximate location.
The shop's card says:

Address:

Old No. 50 / New No. 117, Medavakkam Tank Road,
Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010.
Phone:

(044) 42117720
eMail:

Susee.ro.chennai@suseegroup.com

Royapettah Branch - Susee Auto Spares

There is another outlet that’s opened up in the heart of the city. Its situated at the intersection of RK Salai & Royapettah Flyover. Car parking could be a problem in this location :(

Landline Phone : 42638468

What I like the most about this group is that - they clearly explain you about the stock availability and price of the part that you call up and enquire. Very good customer service.

I have visited their huge outlet at Eekatuthangal.

They are generally very courteous but work like some Government Org. - do not start on time,take their own time to resume after lunch.

One part or 100 parts - they print their invoice on the A3 dot matrix printer paper in tripliciate , and the customer has to get the parts from the delivery area and then get them stamped by Security :rules:

I had ordered for an Air filter and three silencer rubber hanging supports(bushes) for my GV .The total order value was a little over 1000 but they could procure only the air filter after 45 days.

Despite their inability to get the bushes they insisted that I buy "other parts" so that the order value is fulfilled. They were not open to charging me only for the filter.

Seeing this non-flexible approach , I bought an oil filter and some windscreen wash fluid .

I hope I don't have to go back to these people again.

Getting parts for the GV from overseas seems to be a faster option.

Susee Auto Spares MGP Distributorship Agreement Terminated

Came across this advertisement in The Hindu newspaper - Chennai edition on 3rd May 2017.

The MGP distributorship agreement of Susee Auto Spares has been Terminated and they should cease to operate w.e.f 15th May 2017.

Hopefully it will also be removed from the official website for MGP "www.mgp.co.in"

I think they met their waterloo in the 2015 flood.

I have had a rotten experience with them; good riddance.

Oppiliyappa Automobiles are in business so MGPs would be freely available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigsom (Post 4193525)
I think they met their waterloo in the 2015 flood.

I have had a rotten experience with them; good riddance.

Oppiliyappa Automobiles are in business so MGPs would be freely available.

Even the MGP site is showing the same. But, the phones are not being picked up today.
Maybe they are closed for pooja today.

Need to try my luck on Tuesday.

Regards,
Maverick