Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 16:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Car Wash : New Cathedral Service Station (Gemini, Chennai)

had a fantastic experience at the New Cathedral Service Station at the HP Bunk just at the foot of the Gemini flyover

the place is located just next to where the Vecumsees theaters (Saffire,Blue Diamond,Emerald) used to be once upon a time.

PROS

two hydraulic ramps for cars to be lifted up - quick turnaround time

Acres of space for cars to be allowed to dry after the wash

body wash(wheel wells and body only) , full service(body wash plus boot plus underchassis plus engine bay) options fairly reasonably priced(did a comparo at five places and found these guys to be quite reasonable).

would not recommend the underbody oil spray option since it might affect rubber parts

open from 7:30am even on a Sunday :-)

CONS
none

No harm in trying out the body wash option - they charge 275 for C segment cars
vigsom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 16:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Wash - New Cathedral Service Station-Gemini

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
had a fantastic experience at the New Cathedral Service Station at the HP Bunk just at the foot of the Gemini flyover
This thread came at the right time. I am in chennai next week and i will try them. In fact i was looking for a place where i could go early in the morning to beat the traffic and this is just perfect. I live in Teynampet so this should not be much of a distance for me.
Old 19th August 2012, 19:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

275 for a body wash?

3M charges 395+taxes for a foam body wash. It covers interior vacuuming, engine bay washing, wheel well and part of the under-body too. (Not a thorough chassis wash) They also wipe all the glasses clean on both sides and apply some dashboard polish too. They are professional and have a checklist and ask for the customer's inspection before marking it complete.

And they do not use Surf Excel for the wash!

I would still prefer 3M over this, but since you have had a good experience at this place, will give it a try! Thanks for the heads-up.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 14:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

i'll try 3M next time and see for myself.taxes must be at 12.36 percent right?are they located on kodambaks hi road ?

I checked out rates at the following places and found quite a variation

1. Indianoil bunk opp Ega 600 bucks for a full service
2. indianoil bunk at the end of tirumalai road where this road meets gnchetty road 300 for body wash and 650 for full service
3.ARS service station at ashok nagar 400 for full wash but the place is cramped with no place to let the car dry
4.another service station in mambalam who quoted 600
5.new cathedral where i went -they charge 475 for a full service and saw them doing a great job on a qualis

also to add that in the bodywash package they also did the interior air dusting using compressed air and followed that up with vacuum cleaning
Old 20th August 2012, 15:21   #5
BHPian

Try Privilege moto mall which is off Nandanam. They are exceptionally good. I would say that they are as good as 3m. Wash and wax is around 500 rs. They clean the interiors with vacuum and do an excellent body wash.

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...wQ_few0QmG_WzA
Old 15th October 2013, 11:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Wash : New Cathedral Service Station (Gemini, Chennai)

Just to update folks here that I got a friend's Corolla's body wash done at 6:30 pm one day.

This was a limited edition 2006 model with chrome alloys which were badly soiled,courtesy brake dust,road grime etc.

I frankly expected the people to have dropped tired after working from 7:30 in the morning and expected a not-so-great wash.

The results after the wash were amazing - great care was taken to clean the car , the wheel wells and alloys especially.

and their rates remain the same as in 2012 :-)
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Just to update folks here that I got a friend's Corolla's body wash done at 6:30 pm one day.

This was a limited edition 2006 model with chrome alloys which were badly soiled,courtesy brake dust,road grime etc.

I frankly expected the people to have dropped tired after working from 7:30 in the morning and expected a not-so-great wash.

The results after the wash were amazing - great care was taken to clean the car , the wheel wells and alloys especially.

and their rates remain the same as in 2012 :-)
Hi vigsom, any idea if this place is still there? I am not able to locate it.
Old 7th October 2014, 14:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rama75 View Post
Hi vigsom, any idea if this place is still there? I am not able to locate it.
Hi Rama,
Yes very much. I was there last week for a wash and have become a regular. This is after Rani Seethai Hall in mount road. You need to pass the signal below and not take the fly over.

The only grouse is that you need to keep telling them on the places that needs to be wiped after wash. They tend to ignore a majority of them (inner door sills, rubber beedings, inner glass areas, door trims etc..)

Rgds,

Last edited by Jack Sparrow : 7th October 2014 at 14:34.
Jack Sparrow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 18:27   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Just to add here that they have upped their rates by between 75 to 100 rupees.

Agree with @Jack sparrow on the eye for detail front - they need to be spied upon.

Also , one would need to ensure that all mats/equipment are back in order before we set off from there.

The ride after the service is to be felt to be believed - amazing !!!!
Old 28th August 2016, 09:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Their trusted supervisor is no longer there , and my last visit there wasn't a great experience with a couple of madcaps doing the final cleaning.

My recommendation for this place has expired and will not be renewed
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks