Team-BHP - Wheel & Tyre Shop : Sri Padmavathi Tyres (Porur & Virumgambakkam, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Wheel & Tyre Shop : Sri Padmavathi Tyres (Porur & Virumgambakkam, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/137846-wheel-tyre-shop-sri-padmavathi-tyres-porur-virumgambakkam-chennai.html)

This outlet is located close to Ramachandra Hospital and easily accessible from DLF IT park.

This is my first ever visit to the place and I got a surprisingly good service which makes me put a thread here.

Products sold:Services:
What is good:

I liked almost everything about here right from accessibility to my work place and the courteous and expert staff and technicians.
What is not:
Pricing:
Contact Information:

Sri Padmavathi Tyres & Services

No 125/1 & 126/1, Opp To Ramachandra Hospital, Mount Trunk Road, Porur, Chennai - 600116 |
Phone: (044) 66245128

Contact Persons:

Mr. Sanjay - Owner.
Mr. Syed - Store In-charge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by para_7k (Post 3153265)
This outlet is located close to Ramachandra Hospital ....

That's nice. I recently shifted to this area ( Oil mill road ) and I was planning to shift to alloys for the Liva. Will check out this store.

Changed tyres for my car here at their Virugambakam branch. Came to know they got 3 branches. Porur, Valasarwakkam and at Virugamabakkam and all were managed by brothers.

Pretty straight forward people to deal with, their initial quote itself matches the max'm discounted quote (after hard bargain) from other dealers. This is very good for people who is not good at bargaining and it do create some confident.
In this era of e-commerce i came across dealers charging extra 2% service charge for Credit cards, here they dont.

Overall very satisfied with their service.

Changed my stock MRF tyres for Michelins last Saturday at Porur branch.

Pretty straight forward people. I got a decent buy back rate for my stock tyres.

They have become the authorized dealer for Michelin from May 08, 2014 onwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigy07 (Post 3432445)
Changed my stock MRF tyres for Michelins last Saturday at Porur branch.

Pretty straight forward people. I got a decent buy back rate for my stock tyres.

They have become the authorized dealer for Michelin from May 08, 2014 onwards.

Hey Prodigy - Which size michelins did you go for?

I am in Mumbai now, will be coming to Chennai in the first week of July and am looking to change my Santro (155/70/R15) Good year to Michelin XM2+ or XM2

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3432496)
Hey Prodigy - Which size michelins did you go for?

Hi Bharath, I chose 195/60 R15 Michelin Primacy 3ST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT (Post 3387261)
Changed tyres for my car here at their Virugambakam branch.
Overall very satisfied with their service.

I spoke to Sanjay at Porur today. I am quoted Rs 3,825/- per tyre for Michelin XM2, including balancing, alignment and all those valves. Confirmed payment using debit/credit-card, without any extra charges.

I was asked to go to Virugambakkam branch, run by his brother, as I am located in Teynampet. Could you please post the address to the virugambakkam branch or at least provide some instructions to reach (landmark?) please?

I am buying 5 Michelin XM2 155-70-R15 for my Santro, this Friday.

Google maps returns multiple locations and I am confused please:

Seeing this thread for the first time and what a time. I have recently moved to Nolambur and the thought of driving down to Tyrestore (where I normally go for all my needs) bogged me down. I need to get the wheel balancing/rotation/alignment for both my Civic and Esteem done. Will try them out sometime and post my feedback. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3472416)
I spoke to Sanjay at Porur today. I am quoted Rs 3,825/- per tyre for Michelin XM2, including balancing, alignment and all those valves. Confirmed payment using debit/credit-card, without any extra charges.

I was asked to go to Virugambakkam branch, run by his brother, as I am located in Teynampet. Could you please post the address to the virugambakkam branch or at least provide some instructions to reach (landmark?) please?

Hi,

The store is on the left side before Chandra mall, on Arcot road while heading towards Porur from Vadapalani.

For your convenience here is the route info from Teynampet to Virugambakam Padmavathi store

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Teyn...359!2d13.04654

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3472416)
I spoke to Sanjay at Porur today. I am quoted Rs 3,825/- per tyre for Michelin XM2, including balancing, alignment

R15 Michelin XM2 ? at 3,825? :eek: And will an R15 fit a Santro? I thought Santros had R13's ?

Must be a typo! 155/70-13 is around 3800 for the Michelins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Slow (Post 3472626)
R15 Michelin XM2 ? at 3,825? :eek: And will an R15 fit a Santro? I thought Santros had R13's ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 (Post 3472909)
Must be a typo! 155/70-13 is around 3800 for the Michelins.

apologies for the typo - it is indeed R13 only. I am using the stock Alloy wheels.

Yes I am quoted 3825/- all incl on credit card.

Finally managed to change the tyre to Michelins from Goodyear. Spoke to Sanjay at porur and was asked to go to Virumgambakkam as it was nearest to me.

Virugambakkam branch is run by Sanjay's brother Mr Vinay. I paid a total of RS 19,25/- including alignment, balancing, Nitrogen and the labour for 5 wheels. I stay at teynampet and LAL & tyrestore are closer to me. I went here just because of TBHP.

Overall my experience was "good" but not "outstanding".

+ves
-ves

Update: My tyre mounth gave away, causing leaks and I had to replace it. I am not sure if this is normal or something was wrong. The mouth was needed to replaced within two months.

I got it replaced at a local nearby shop by paying Rs 75/- as i did not want to travel all the way to virugambakkam.

Changed my Hunk's rear tyre at Virumgambakkam branch yesterday, been here before to change my tyre for my friend's bike, but didn't know that they gave good offers! scouted multiple shops for zapper Q and was left disappointed, finally thought of checking the prices here and to my surprise it was very good VFM, bought MRF Zapper Q 110/90 TT 18 inch for 2700 all inclusive. Compared to this another dealer was quoting 2300 for just for MRF Zapper FS (front tyre). Only negative is that they didn't have stock of MRF tyres for front.