Team-BHP - Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/147694-interior-exterior-detailing-drive-clean-chennai.html)

Drive Cleanin Detailing Services

Professional detailing services by Gurubaran, who is an enthusiast with immense passion to delivering excellence. Drive Cleanin offers surface treatment for cars (Hatch, Sedan & SUVs) with customized packages depending on treatment needed. At present, Drive Cleanin offers mobile detailing services but has soon planned to open an independent garage.

What I like:
Baran is an absolute delight to talk with. He is an extremely seasoned professional who offers customized services depending on what is required. He is not pushy but patiently listens to the customer's requirement based on which the service will be rendered.

What I don't like:
None as of now!

On taking delivery of my 'Brick Red colored Ertiga, I had to get the surface treatment and paint sealant done as soon as possible. Paint sealant helps to enhance surface durability and also makes cleaning easy. With my requirements set on the table, Baran started detailing following the below procedures meticulously.

Step 1 - Pressure wash followed by Foam wash. The car was then wiped clean using DC Basics Blue Giant Drying Towel.

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20140208_072606.jpg

Step 2 - Claying - This took a bit of time. The ride was just a couple of weeks old but because of the dealer's adamant and mandatory wash & wax session, there was some unknown sticky substance that had formed a harsh layer on paint surface. Claying was necessary to smooth out uneven, rough patches and remove this unknown sticky deposit.

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20140208_081518.jpg

Surface contamination picked up by the clay

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-img_20140208_090452.jpg

Step 3 - Spot application of APC to remove water spots and dried polish. Masking emblems and other plastic/vinyl parts.

Step 4 - Interior plastics and 'art leather seat covers' cleaned. Carpets being beige in color had stains all over. As a part of interior cleaning, the stains were removed using Scotch guard Oxy fabric cleaner.

Step 5 - PRC and 'Finishing polish' were applied to enhance the gloss. The application also removed the minor swirls on the paint surface. Flakes popped out and looked absolutely fantastic.

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2712.jpg

Fantastic Flakes

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-flakes_pop-copy.jpg

Step 6 - Interior plastics, door gaskets and exterior plastics were protected using PERL

Step 7 - Exterior black plastics and tires were treated using Megs 'Back to Black'

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2726.jpg

Step 8 - 2 coats of Gtechnique C2V3 sealant were applied over paint surface which was essential to protect the surface against harsh weather

Step 9 - Finally the 'Engine bay' was de-greased and dressed using Megs APC and hyperdressing

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2750.jpg

Finally a few pics on the finished product. I was grinning ear to ear all the way!! Just could not hide my excitement.

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-bonnet_012.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2757.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2760.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2754.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-side_022.jpg

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_2764.jpg

I am extremely satisfied with the service offered. The entire process took 6 hours with 30 minutes curing time between 'Gtechnique C2V3' sealant coats. The surface has becomes extremely glossy and the metalic flakes popped out like crazy. The car looked a zillion times better than how it was while taking delivery.

Recommendation for maintenance - Avoid washing for a week. Wash a couple of weeks later if necessary. Baran would do an inspection a month later to see how well the sealant has blended. clap:

For in-house detailing, the customer should provide power/electric plug point and water pipe for RP and pressure washer.

Contact Information

Drive Cleanin - https://www.facebook.com/driveclean.in
SPOC - Gurubaran
Pricing - Kindly talk to Drive Cleanin for initial inspection and price quotation
Mobile - 91-99529 64730

45B, Thiruvalluvar Nagar, Alandur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600016

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email: baranjil@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website
http://www.driveclean.in/.

Wow!! Lovely. The car looks amazing. How much did you pay and how long will it last? Is this a permanent application or do you have to have it done again soon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigben (Post 3365245)
Wow!! Lovely. The car looks amazing. How much did you pay and how long will it last? Is this a permanent application or do you have to have it done again soon?

Hello bigben - For cost, you could choose to PM me for details. Well if maintained as per specific instruction given by Baran, the sealant would last for say 4 to 6 months. There are several DIY instructions available in our forum. I would say that after initial surface treatment and sealant protection, we can apply multiple successive coats by ourselves in the future.

Attaching the rate card that was forwarded by Drive Cleanin based on request.

Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-drive-cleanin-rate-card.jpg

For further details, please contact Baran directly.

Does anyone know of a similar place in Delhi.

I have a 2007 Corolla that has been kept very clean. However, even then, the leather seats has some black spots which simply cannot be removed.

I want the leather and interiors to be cleaned.

Both my Cars a Fiesta 1.6 S and Rapid 1.6 TDI were Detailed by Drive Clean. GuruBaran is an avid Detailing Enthusiast. His eye for perfection and diligence in Detailing is simply unmatched.

I love my cars, but i dont have enough skill and time to put in cleaning / Detailing them. But i trust Baran completely on this. Both times he visited my House and spent nearly 4-5 hours with each of the cars.

Pros:Cos:Verdict: Highly Recommended

I've recommended him for some of my friends and they are extremely satisfied with the Service from Drive Clean. Here are pics of my own cars after Drive Clean treatment.

Ford Fiesta 1.6 S - Paparika Red
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-roof_02.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-side_01.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-c360_20131110162548629_org.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI - Candy White + Magic Black (Roof)
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_0428_20130804210548267.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_0432_20130804211845195.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-dsc_0274_20130722104706344.jpg

Is the work done at ones home location or in the Shop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreedotk (Post 3376984)
Is the work done at ones home location or in the Shop?

At present it is done in both Customers home or his home. However he is in process of setting up a shop now - we should hear it anytime soon

The Lenso Samurai's in my Fiesta 1.6 had a worn out look due to a chemical reaction of the powder that was applied during a recent tyre change. Added to this, the wheels were also extremely dirty. Tried various methods, but couldn't get rid of those ugly marks.

I called up GuruBaran and explained him the problem. He advised me to come to his place during a weekend. And, post that I returned with a BIG smile.

Positives:
a) Extremely Professional
b) Down to Earth person
c) Does not push things
d) Patient in listening to your queries

Negatives:
None

Now, let the pictures do the talking.

Before:
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-wp_20140201_002.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-wp_20140201_003.jpg

After:
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-wp_20140201_004.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-wp_20140201_005.jpg
Interior & Exterior Detailing - Drive Clean (Chennai)-wp_20140214_002.jpg

Does he do bike detailing as well ? Or in this case does anyone who does it in Chennai ?

After a lot of hype from my friend about Baran and his services, I just had to try it for myself. After about 7 hours of cleaning and detailing, it was fair enough to say that I was blown away! Absolutely wonderful job by Baran, I'm really lost for words to describe his dedication when it comes to detailing. He is not like the usual car detailer's who need to get as many cars done in a day, basically quantity over quality. But Baran is the exact opposite, he has certainly set the bar for car detailing very very high. I think it's safe to say that he is one of the best in the city! I'm extremely satisfied with the phenomenal work Baran has done and would recommend it to everyone!

NOTE TO MOD's :- Please merge pictures with my previous post. Thanks!

OMG, the Merc looks bl**dy AWESOME! Does he work alone? Should be a back breaking job!

That's magical work. This thread has made me wake up to look beyond 3M. Excellent work by GuruBaran. I would consider calling him when required.

From the picture looks like the polishing product is from Menzerna. 3M is all wax based. Basically pushing wax in to swirls and scratches. And wax gets washed our and exposes swirls again. Good polishing compound should correct the surface and then apply good polymer coating for protection.