Team-BHP - Basic Car wash & Polishing - Vent Car wash (Tharamani, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Basic Car wash & Polishing - Vent Car wash (Tharamani, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/155925-basic-car-wash-polishing-vent-car-wash-tharamani-chennai.html)

I visited Vent car wash today for washing my Santro. From the first sight of it, it was a very very ordinary place but the quality of work is so good that i decided to write a review.

I took the basic car wash for Rs 300/- (Santro)

Services Offered:
Other Points

Address:
No 9/13, MGR Road, Taramani, Chennai - 113. Phone: 91769 60777 / 86430 73959

Directions to reach:
When coming from Taramani station, head towards the Taramani Velachery road and it is 100-200 meters from the Station on MGR Road.

When coming from Velachery / SRP Tools, head towards the Taramani-MGR Road junction and take rght/left (apropriate) and head towards Taramani station / Cognizant / RMZ millenia on MGR Road. Take a U-Turn at Taramani station and head back 100-200 mts. Destination on the left.

Thread moved from Assembly Line to Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!

Very useful mate. I was looking for a cost effective place in and around velachery. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3542753)
[*]Engine bay washed with air + soap + water

300 sounds decent for the services offered, but I'm wondering if its adviseable to use water in the engine bay, that too with soap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3542753)
[*]Engine bay washed with air + soap + water

I have seen this with 3M here in Hyderabad too and a few car wash centres whom I used to visit when I'm lazy to wash the car myself.

The first thing they do is open the bonnet and use the high pressure gun to clean the engine bay and the insulation attached on the bonnet underside.

They fail to understand and remember even after my repeated telling to not use water in the engine whatsoever. I have stopped visiting all of these guys after I saw this repeating.

They have a casual attitude- "It'll dry up soon Sir and nothing will happen." So I asked the guys at 3M to give it to me in writing that if an issue arises due to the water usage in the engine bay, the cost of repairs shall be borne by 3M.

They were blank!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3543022)
but I'm wondering if its adviseable to use water in the engine bay, that too with soap?

Anurag.

Quote:

300 sounds decent for the services offered, but I'm wondering if its adviseable to use water in the engine bay, that too with soap?

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3543037)
The first thing they do is open the bonnet and use the high pressure gun to clean the engine bay and the insulation attached on the bonnet underside.
Anurag.

Yes - I too am not comfortable washing the engine bay, but it was too late:uncontrol.

By the time i could say anything, they sprayed water on the bonnet. I just allowed them to complete it stupid:

I washed my car again today. Experience was the same.

My conclusion is that we must go here only if absolutely necassary or having a time crunch. Deals on Groupon / timesdeals ae better and cheaper.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3641408)
I washed my car again today. Experience was the same.

• Prices have gone up by 33% :Shockked:. They charge 400/- now, compared to 300/- in september. I wish my salary appreciates 33% in 5 months. :).
  • Wash quality and attention to detail is the same.
  • It took me 2:15 hours to get my car washed. Reasonable.
  • More time being spent on Commericial vehicle inspection.
My conclusion is that we must go here only if absolutely necassary or having a time crunch. Deals on Groupon / timesdeals ae better and cheaper.

I have used this place quite a few times, mostly for the body wash at Rs.200/-. They now have a proper vacuum cleaner and charge Rs.250/- for the body wash and 350/- for the full wash where the under chassis is also cleaned. I am surprised he charged you Rs.400. While the washing here is good, the drying is the problem. They do not use a proper cloth and you have to be behind them to make sure the car is dried properly.

For the engine bay cleaning, he covers the ECU with a plastic bag / cover and reduces the water pressure, so it is safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 3641452)
I am surprised he charged you Rs.400. While the washing here is good, the drying is the problem. They do not use a proper cloth and you have to be behind them to make sure the car is dried properly.

:Frustrati my unlucky Day

When did you get your car washed with vent? I did it today, @ 2:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 3641635)
:Frustrati my unlucky Day

When did you get your car washed with vent? I did it today, @ 2:30 pm

It was the Jan. 30th / 31st weekend. Hope he hasn't increased it again.