Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Recommended 2 22.22%
NOT recommended 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2015, 21:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Multi-brand Car Workshop - Speed Motors (Shastri Nagar, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This one is in the next street over (that leads to adyar ananda bhavan / besant nagar). Michelin dealer.

MAHENDRA TYRE CARE CENTRE. 47/68B, M.G.ROAD,SHASTRI NAGAR,THIRUVANMIYUR,CHENNAI,TAMILNADU. Contact No. : 24523006
They are a bunch of bumbling idiots.

Tried to sell me a bridgestone potenza set only to regret after 45 min of waiting that they only have two of those tyres!

Enter RR. RR tyres is a bit better that ways. No over promising / time wastage.

Mahendra took almost ten days to give me the warranty card as well, when RR tyres had the warranty card readily available at hand.

I've never gone back to Mahendra.
Old 27th February 2015, 21:29   #32
Senior - BHPian

RR is very decent. However I've used Mahendra a few times in the past and they haven't disappointed me yet. Your mileage clearly does vary .. but then I wasn't buying potenzas
Old 27th February 2015, 21:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Wheel alignment / balancing at least you might get done elsewhere. I don't think he has any computerized gear so it is going to be manual, adding and removing weights by hit / trial / experience.

This one is in the next street over (that leads to adyar ananda bhavan / besant nagar). Michelin dealer.

MAHENDRA TYRE CARE CENTRE. 47/68B, M.G.ROAD,SHASTRI NAGAR,THIRUVANMIYUR,CHENNAI,TAMILNADU. Contact No. : 24523006
hi Hserus,

He told me that water wash and wheel alignment will be outsourced. There is no way wheel alignment can be done manually, as the imperfections in alignment are not visible to the naked eye.
Old 28th February 2015, 08:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Excellent. Thanks. I might ask him to do this for my Honda before I get it all filthy moving to bangalore next month.
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:35   #35
Senior - BHPian

I got my Car Serviced from Him - The car is very good now. I feel it a lot smoother than what it used to be before. I usually go to HMP and i elt that it is more smooth than HMP too. Gear Changes feel smooth. Wash Quality is impressive. He pretty much kept up the time too.

Positives:
  • Impressive wash quality
  • Geniune work done
  • Kept up the delivery tme promise
  • Free home delivery within a reasonable distance (Velachery DAV School at no extra charge)
  • Hand brake and foot brake are more sure footed now. I feel it is better than HMP.
  • Worth Every Penny
  • Sorted out rear wiper nozzle issue (HMP could not)

Negatives:
  1. The reverse / remote locking "hooter" was disconnected at the workshop and not connected back. It looks 15 secs to reconnect that but for a non-enthusiast, it would mean that he has to drive all the way back.
  2. He had quoted 5000/- for service but in the end he charged me 5635/- and finally paid him 5500/-. He said that Gear box oil pipes were weak and he had changed that.
  3. No Credit Card facility (people who are finicky that a swipe pof 5500/- can fetch 100-200 reward points, in addition to credit)
  4. He expeceted us to pay 4500/- advance for a 5000/- job, which IMHO is high. In fact in today's world, payments should be postpaid only.
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

If there are consumables and spare parts required during the service he takes 100% of the estimated cost for those in advance along with some percentage of the labour charges. That would explain the high advance amount. He operates on very thin margins and so doesn't like to keep most things in stock.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 17:30   #37
Senior - BHPian

Someone flicked the right ORVM (mirror only and not the housing ) of my Santro. As always, I called Yehaya and asked if he can get it for me.

He got it and fit it for me. 289/- all inclusive. It was a Hyundai Geniune part according to him. 100% for the work done and fast service again.
Old 28th April 2015, 19:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Someone flicked the right ORVM (mirror only and not the housing ) of my Santro. As always, I called Yehaya and asked if he can get it for me.

He got it and fit it for me. 289/- all inclusive. It was a Hyundai Geniune part according to him. 100% for the work done and fast service again.
Maruti and Hyundai both have parts dealers selling parts on the open market. He generally goes to such a parts dealer and gets the appropriate part.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 05:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Back in chennai for a short visit and during the drive my high beam cut out. Took it to speed motors, the problem was traced to a loose contact, fixed.

Yeyaha mentions that now his pet chickens are mentioned on tbhp, at least one bhpian turned up with grains / seeds etc to feed the chickens when he brought his Getz over to be serviced.
Old 7th July 2015, 15:38   #40
Senior - BHPian

Went to Yehaya for my Santro's headlamp (RHS) bulb replacement. Replaced with Philips 55/60W for around 270/-

Also went to Yehaya for Drive shaft repairs and it came it 10,000/- with non-geniune Hyundai parts, including labor. I am pretty happy with the same. It was some 14,000/- with geniune Hyundai part, but was told this aftermarket part (Minda ???) was equally good enough. Trusted him and took the plunge.

My backup remote lock stopped working and have given it to him, Waiting to hear back. Battery seems to be fine, as the lamp glows upon pressing, but the locks on the car do not open.

Again - very satisfied with his work.

One more thing was that in view of mynight shift job, i requested him to expedite the work within one day, and as promised he delivered the same. I handed over the car at around noon and got it back before 6:00 pm.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 7th July 2015 at 15:40.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 17:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Replaced my rear right passenger power window motor+winder mechanism for 2600/- . I think it is VFM.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:28   #42
BHPian

I completed my second service from this place. This time also the work was perfect and I feel the car is responding better to my orders. I completed the service last Monday (24th Aug) and last Wednesday, I had a long drive (from Chennai to Palghat). The drive was super smooth and I could sense the difference the service has bought in the car's performance.

Most importantly - seeing me, he recognised me for "a customer" and seeing the car he could confirm it. The work was general service and I paid Rs.5000/- upfront. I gave the car on Saturday (22nd evening) and on Monday he called me and took permission to replace rear brake shoes and cost quoted was Rs.2000/-. He delivered the car at my house by Monday night and I paid the amount to the driver who gave the car.

The gesture that I appreciate most. I got a call on Wednesday and asked me how the ride is. I had shared my plans of long trip and he called me by evening to understand if the car is behaving well.

Last edited by Jakku : 3rd September 2015 at 17:34. Reason: to add matter
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 08:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku View Post
evening to understand if the car is behaving well.
Hi Jakku - which car did you get serviced.

I had been there yesterday for adjusting the foot brake lamp switch, which was draining my batter,
Old 4th September 2015, 08:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

I was there too, fixing the results of an activa scraping past me. Luckily a small amount of rubbing compound was all that was required,
Old 4th September 2015, 22:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Hi Jakku - which car did you get serviced.
Hi Scopriobharath, I got my Hyundai Accent Executive serviced there last weekend.
Jakku is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks