Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 16:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Also I have been facing an issue with my Punto for mileage issue while idling condition, the mileage is a taking a hit. I dont have my AC ON and just waiting in Toll Booth or in Traffic Signals, the MID shows the Avg. mileages reduces 0.3 KM/L in 60 secs.
Facing the exact same issue with my Punto MJD's mileage. Was the spike in fuel consumption during idling narrowed down to be due to EGR getting clogged? My ODO reads ~30k kms, I feel it is a tad too early for EGR cleaning.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:56   #17
BHPian

Not that much of a difference in the mileage while idling after EGR cleanup, but still checking on city driving. Shall update on it after a week drive in and around city
Old 12th June 2017, 14:28   #18
BHPian

After a week-long drive in city traffic and that too OMR in Chennai, didn't see any improvements in mileage. Still it is at 12 KMPL, now waiting for service of the vehicle. Shall check at that time.
Old 12th August 2017, 20:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

any reviews for their padur branch?
Old 13th August 2017, 00:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
After a week-long drive in city traffic and that too OMR in Chennai, didn't see any improvements in mileage. Still it is at 12 KMPL, now waiting for service of the vehicle. Shall check at that time.
12kmpl from a 1.3l diesel car ? I get that & more from a 1.6l petrol car in city.
Old 19th August 2017, 22:10   #21
BHPian

Went last week to install a BMC Filter for my GT TSI. They knew about BMC Filters and told me BMC is official partners to VW. I didn't even have to get out. Was done in 20 min. They immediately got to work. They cleaned the airbox with wipes as well as cleaned the area with compressed air. 200 bucks.
Old 13th October 2017, 19:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageshgr View Post
Went last week to install a BMC Filter for my GT TSI. They knew about BMC Filters and told me BMC is official partners to VW. I didn't even have to get out. Was done in 20 min. They immediately got to work. They cleaned the airbox with wipes as well as cleaned the area with compressed air. 200 bucks.
Well I went there again to revert to stock filter. Was done in like 6 minutes. They didn't charge at all! great place!
Old 13th October 2017, 20:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Why reverted back to stock filter after just 2 months ? To avoid warranty issues at VASS ?
Old 11th June 2018, 18:53   #24
BHPian

An update on this service center, they have started a new branch, just a week back, quite near the old one. This one is in Semmancherry/Navalur border, adjacent to LenzoMem, and exactly opposite to VV Cars. This one is very accesible and looks very neat, well equiped and spacious.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ex...9!4d80.2265983

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Why reverted back to stock filter after just 2 months ? To avoid warranty issues at VASS ?
Ya reverted to stock temporarily because I had to go in for my service and lest they damage it. Back to BMC now.

Last edited by rageshgr : 11th June 2018 at 19:00.
Old 12th June 2018, 10:54   #25
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update. The new one is also under the same management, though I haven't been there yet.

Basically in the KumaranNagar - Padur stretch of OMR, they now have 3 service centres.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 16:20   #26
BHPian

I have used the services of ExpertSpanners (Padur) multiple times both for standard services and repairs/maintenance work. I am quite happy with the services offered by them. They seem to have the right people to fix the problems.

The Semencherry garage looks quite neat and spacious compared to the Padur one. The Padur one was refurbished and expanded sometime around May/June of last year and the garage can accommodate more bays now.

There is hardly any Authorised Service Centers south side of Sholignallur except for a M.A.S.S in Sholingnallur. I would expect lot of people taking their cars to ExpertSpanners once their warranty is over.

Last edited by searacer932 : 17th June 2018 at 16:22.
Old 19th June 2018, 01:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
I have used the services of ExpertSpanners (Padur) multiple times both for standard services and repairs/maintenance work. I am quite happy with the services offered by them. They seem to have the right people to fix the problems.

The Semencherry garage looks quite neat and spacious compared to the Padur one. The Padur one was refurbished and expanded sometime around May/June of last year and the garage can accommodate more bays now.

There is hardly any Authorised Service Centers south side of Sholignallur except for a M.A.S.S in Sholingnallur. I would expect lot of people taking their cars to ExpertSpanners once their warranty is over.
This may be OT, but one more service center is there. If you take right turn at the Kumaran Nagar junction and take the nookampalayam link road, there is a Titanium Motors Multi brand service center, adjacent to Apple Supermarket. But not sure if it's as good as Expert Spanners.

Last edited by rageshgr : 19th June 2018 at 01:02.
Old 29th August 2019, 19:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Update : New Authorized FIAT Service Centre - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)

An update for owners of FIAT cars in Chennai :

Expert Spanners have recently taken up the Authorized Service for FIAT cars in Chennai. Their workshop at Chemmanchery doubles as the FIAT Authorized Service Center as well.

Services offered :
- General scheduled service for FIAT cars (incl. free service)
- Work relating to: Engine, Suspension, AC, Body, Electrical parts, etc.
- Tinkering & Painting, accident repairs
- Breakdown service
- Insurance claims
- Warranty claims
- Washing, Polishing, Interior cleaning
- Wheel alignment and balancing

What you would like :
- A Fiat Authorised Service Centre for your precious FIAT cars.
- Stock of the common spares for the FIAT range of cars
- Pickup & Drop facility

Not owning any Fiat cars, I do not have personal experience with their FIAT ASC, though I have used their multi-brand service centre.

Request any tbhp-ians who have used the ASC to post their feedback.

Contact information :
Address : 1/21A, Near IDBI Bank, Chemmanchery, Sholinganallur, OMR, Chennai - 600119.
Phone numbers :+91 9841700633 / 03 / 88
Helpful landmarks / directions: Opposite Cafe Coffee Day, Chemmanchery

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0161.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0156.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0159.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0160.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0162.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0163.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-img_0165.jpg
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 18:14   #29
BHPian

Re: Ramkay Fiat, Chennai: Fiat Exclusive Dealership

I spoke to the owner Mr. Muthukumaran in Expert spanners. He got me in touch with the Service Advisors, Mr. Sampath and Mr. Anand. Both are decent chaps. Their technicians are helpful too.

I went there after my CEL light up in the dashboard for a couple of hours. It then went off automatically. These guys did a proper error code check and told me there was no issue with the engine, and that the error codes were temporary. They also gave a full general check-up with topping up of coolant, oil and toehr paraphernalia and finally gave my car back after 4 days. I didn't mind though. These guys kept in touch with me regularly and gave me periodic updates.

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-capture_new1.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-capture_new5.jpg

Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)-capture_new6.jpg

Their Service Centre is pretty busy too, with a lot of good cars. I went to their centre in OMR, in Chemmenchery near IDBI Bank. Lots of premium cars there. I caught a couple of Skodas, Volkswagens and several Fiat Puntos and Lineas there. When I went to collect my car yesterday night (12th Dec) I saw an Audi, Merc as well as other higher end cars there.

Muthukumaran and the Service Advisor Anand told me my first visit was on them. They didn't take any money from me. They also did a couple of minor repair works and fixed my driver door lock. The total work expense would have gone above 1K, but I didn't pay anything. I thanked them and left at 8:30 pm. Turned out, these guys kept their joint open just because I had requested them to wait. I had to travel from Iyyapanthangal to get there.

The overall experience at Expert Spanners was very positive. I'll definitely be visiting them again. Their service centre is neat, clean and very organized. They'll also immediately attend to you. I had to wait at VTK for 1.5 hours to talk to a service advisor. This is a pain, especially on a workday, when the meter is running back at office. The advisors and technicians are also very emphathetic. They'll listen, take notes, and clear all your queries.

Overall, a very good experience. This is my first positive Fiat Experience after the Ramkay days. Both RDC and VTK are rubbish.
JohnKT777 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks