Team-BHP - Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Multi-brand car workshop - Expert Spanners (OMR, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/164391-multi-brand-car-workshop-expert-spanners-omr-chennai.html)

Truly multi-brand as you can find a Porsche being serviced along-side an M800.

Services offered:
- Servicing & running-repair of cars / SUVs - with advanced scanning facility
- All electrical and a/c work
- Tinkering and Painting – with Paint Booth and Dent Puller Equipment
- Water Wash for Cars and 2–wheelers.
- Exide Battery Sales and Service

What I like:
- Skilled mechanics with experience of 25+ years in Multi-Brand servicing.
- Honest and straight-forward dealing with customers inspires confidence.
- Elaborate & exhaustive inspection, testing & feedback
- Provide breakdown assistance on call in and around OMR / ECR.
- Free pick-up & delivery on OMR & ECR
- Open on Sundays and Government holidays.

What I don't like:
- No facility for wheel alignment / balancing.
- They don't accept Credit Cards. I am told they are working on this.

Pricing: Economical.

Speciality / USP: Highly skilled technicians.

What I have bought from them : A pre-long_trip checkup for my Baleno.

Contact Information :
- Name of the contact person: Kumar
- Phone numbers: +91- 98417 00633, +91 98402 01049
- Sholinganallur Branch: No.182, Kumaran Nagar (Behind HP Petrol Pump), Sholinganallur, OMR, Chennai – 119
- Head Branch: No.1/268, Padur, OMR, Chennai - 603 103
- Helpful landmarks / directions: 1km from Sholinganallur Infosys towards Kelambakkam

Internet : http://www.expertspanners.com/
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/expert.spanners.car.service

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 3717688)
What I like:
- Skilled mechanics with experience of 25+ years in Multi-Brand servicing.
- Open on Sundays and Government holidays.

What I don't like:
- No facility for wheel alignment / balancing.
- They don't accept Credit Cards. I am told they are working on this.

Pricing: Economical.

Speciality / USP: Highly skilled technicians.

What I have bought from them : A pre-long_trip checkup for my Baleno.

An excellent find! Thanks for sharing this.

Will pay them a quick visit and report. Seems like this place is quite close to my office.

My experience was NOT so good with them. When i called them to change my santro's drive shaft (both), I was quoted 6500/- for a set and 1500/- labor. When i called to fix my appointment, I was told, it would come to 12K and not 8K as quoted earlier.

Santro being a common vehicle, i expected them to be more in tune with the pricing. In Fact, they had even called me back and confirmed the pricing. I re-confirmed the same, as they are 20 kms away from my home / office and it is always better to call and re-confirm before driving all the way.

I lost trust on them.

Hello

Was here recently after the radiator grill on my vento was damaged due to the antics of an 2wheeler at the signal near stella maris college!

Got a temporary repair done and also got the grill replaced at a cost of about 2100+ 100 labour !
Visited them thrice for the whole affair and got a complimentary “highway check up “ done during the second trip!
Pretty much satisfied with the job done and the responses to the phone calls . The person Mr.Muthu Kumar was very much aware of “Team-BHP” and said he regularly follows the site.
Pretty spacious place with a small approach road though.
Might visit again for a regular service !

Hello All,

I was there last week for my 75K Service of my Grande Punto MJD. ODO was around 70K.
Went with Mobil1 engine oil (4.5L) and rest all changes from the garage itself.

There was no push for any additional topup business like A.S.S, found very honest, to the point and was done in a day as promised.

Brake Pad changed
4 glow plugs got changed
other general service and consumables.

Total bill was around 8K.

Verdict - Like their service and will recommend for anyone. clap:agree:

I got the engine oil & oil filter for our i20 changed at Expert Spanners, Shollinganallur.

While coming from Tidel park, cross the Shollinganallur signal, proceed for another 2 KMs on the OMR, till you reach an HP petrol bunk on the left hand side. Enter the service road, and take the left turn. It's a bit narrow & unpaved, but the garage is just 50 meters inside.

Even though I was only interested in getting oil and filter changed, the staff were extremely courteous and welcoming.
I met Mr Mahesh & Mr Salman. The owner, Mr Kumar, whom I spoke with on the phone a day before, was sadly unavailable.

They even did a customary check on all systems, and had no problems when I stood around the car watching how they worked.
Try pulling anything like that at an authorized service center and you'll know what I mean.

There were a variety of cars all around, from SUVs to Premier Padmini's & Skodas.
They do all kind of work including washing, painting, tinkering, and regular servicing as well.
Every one has a uniform, and they listen to the customer very patiently.

I'd recommend Expert Spanners to anyone who lives/works on the OMR. :thumbs up

Bumping up an old thread. I had recently serviced my i20 with Expert Spanners and had an excellent experience with them.

My i20 had a problem with its ECM all of a sudden. Hyundai authorised service centres wanted me to change the Ecm completely and the estimate given was about ₹63,000. I did not want to spend that much on a 5 year old car and so I started to look out for a good FNG. That's when I ran into Expert Spanners. They were able to source a second hand ECM and had it programmed to my car's chassis and engine. The whole thing took about 15 days and I was being kept informed of each and every step. Their expertise is in ECM remaps and it clearly showed with the thoroughly professional work they did on my car. The service advisors are very knowledgeable and certainly know what they are doing. I had a chance to interact with two of them Mr Thamizh and Mr Muthu, with Muthu seemingly being an expert with ECMs. They walked me through all their previous ECM fixes with the i20 and other cars.

I strongly recommend these guys for any sort of work on your car, especially if it has to do with ECM failure or remaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 4132912)

I strongly recommend these guys for any sort of work on your car, especially if it has to do with ECM failure or remaps.

Good to know about the positive experience :thumbs up. Did you leave the car at their Padur branch or the Sholingnallur branch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by searacer932 (Post 4132922)
Good to know about the positive experience :thumbs up. Did you leave the car at their Padur branch or the Sholingnallur branch?

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I had my car serviced at the Sholinganallur branch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 4132912)
Bumping up an old thread. I had recently serviced my i20 with Expert Spanners and had an excellent experience with them.

My i20 had a problem with its ECM all of a sudden. Hyundai authorised service centres wanted me to change the Ecm completely and the estimate given was about ₹63,000...

Thanks for sharing. How much did you pay against the 63K quote from the HASS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4139548)
Thanks for sharing. How much did you pay against the 63K quote from the HASS?

I paid ₹24,000 for the ECM replacement. Total cost including general servicing was about ₹25,500.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 4139573)
I paid ₹24,000 for the ECM replacement. Total cost including general servicing was about ₹25,500.

What was covered in the general service (for 1.5k)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 4139583)
What was covered in the general service (for 1.5k)?

The usuals - Oil filter, air filter, coolant top-up, labor and water wash. I got them the oil, so that's not included.

Went to Expert Spanners for my Punto MJD as had CEL was blinking. The Service Executive scanned and found that EGR needs cleaning.

The SE quoted me 3.5K as estimate and did the service, the engine noise is reduced after service and yet to check on mileage and performance improvements. Shall update after weekend drive.

Need a clarification, on cleaning EGR the SE said there will be a wastage of Coolant and needed topup and filled 1 litre of Coolant and charged me Rs. 310 for it. Is this required?

Also I have been facing an issue with my Punto for mileage issue while idling condition, the mileage is a taking a hit. I dont have my AC ON and just waiting in Toll Booth or in Traffic Signals, the MID shows the Avg. mileages reduces 0.3 KM/L in 60 secs. Can someone suggest what could be the issue. This issue persists even after EGR cleaning.

Breakup of Expert Spanners Bill, expected the bill to be economical... :Shockked:

1. Coolant Oil - Rs. 310
2. EGR Kit - Rs. 950
3. Clip - Rs. 75
4. EGR Cleaning and R/R - Rs. 2100 (Labour)

Punto Emotion MJD (2010)

Update: Had driven more than 1000 KMs after the EGR cleaning and seems to be engine noise has come down.

On the mileage front, did see a significant improvement. Still yet to see the note down the difference inside City driving. Now the mileage stands at 20 kmpl, driving speed @90 - 100 kmph in highways, always AC on.

Overall happy with their service and would recommend it for my friends. The charges are felt still high and need to be reduced.