Team-BHP - Used car dealer - VJ Cars, Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Used car dealer - VJ Cars, Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/187922-used-car-dealer-vj-cars-chennai.html)

Products sold:

Used Cars

Services offered:

Sale and Purchase of used cars, RTO paperwork for these

What I like:

The owner Mr.Khaja is polite and professional, they have a large yard with ample parking and the better quality, more expensive cars are parked in covered parking (always good for a car's paint in the Chennai heat). Their office is air conditioned with comfortable seating.

Vehicles in good condition and all reasonably new, C segment and up mostly (sedans, SUVs), or some few top end models of hatches. Most vehicles in his yard were under 5 years old.

The cars themselves are of good quality, as a trusted mechanic who I brought along confirmed after inspecting four or five vehicles. Cartrade certification + 100 day guarantee is available if you approach them through Cartrade. Also - before selling the vehicle VJ Cars takes it to a company authorized service centre and pays for their standard assessment of the car (40 point or whatever each car manufacturer offers), a copy is given to you along with the sale receipt so you know what you are paying for.

When you pay the advance and book a vehicle the advance receipt, car details etc are mentioned in a "green sheet" (legal agreement paper but not stamp paper) which is then stamped and signed by the dealer and countersigned by you. This contains explicit terms and conditions as well of when you need to close the deal or else a specific amount of the advance may be forfeited.

Overall sale and customer support experience is positive.

What I don't like:

The dealer's yard is located opposite the Saidapet Post Office, which is on a crowded and narrow road past the Saidapet Market. Huge amount of foot and load vehicle traffic along with the usual autos and two wheelers means that you have hard work to do in order to get your car in or out of there without scratching the paint.

Speciality / USP:

VJ Cars picks up several Fords from Ford India's auction of lightly used company cars that they assign to employees and then auction off after three years. So a substantial portion of his stock is well maintained company serviced Ford vehicles.

What I have bought from him:

2014 Ford Fiesta, 20K km on the clock, Ford corporate car issued to one of its employees before being auctioned off.

Used car dealer - VJ Cars, Chennai-img_2817.jpg

Contact Information

- Name of the contact person: Mr. Khaja
- Phone numbers: 9884139015 / 9884939015 / 044 42329015
- Postal Address: 62 Jeenis Road, Saidapet​,​​ Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600015.
- Helpful landmarks / directions: Opposite Saidapet Post Office, Behind ICICI Bank, When you cross Saidapet Market, continue on ahead without taking the left that leads into an underpass subway, or the right which is another crowded road.
- Email / Website : http://www.vjcars.in vjcars55@gmail.com
- Google Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/dQsxuSjEcvv - note - the entry is in the narrow road you see parallel to the icon, going straight ahead from the Saidapet Market Road, don't turn left or right.

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!

Saw their ad on olx. There were two white and one silver refreshed fiestas. Of course they seemed in top nick. Congratulations for the car. Can you share the price at which you got the deal? Also share a review of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 4220519)
Saw their ad on olx. There were two white and one silver refreshed fiestas. Of course they seemed in top nick. Congratulations for the car. Can you share the price at which you got the deal? Also share a review of the car.

I am yet to pick the car up as bank paperwork, RTO etc are to be completed. The test drive was a bit limited (the yard backs into a crowded street and all), just contented myself with observing the engine running and inspecting the AC, body work etc.

Got the car for 6.4 lakhs but I still think I might have bargained more, never mind - any other car would have cost me much the same amount I didn't save by less bargaining later in terms of maintenance and such.

The car is in quite decent condition, it has the new Aston Martin type grille (the facelifted fiesta type). It is a ford global car which means that parts will be available for this guy for a long, long time.

You got a car which is awesome to look at, efficient, built sturdy, handles the best and is RARE. Never mind the cost, because for the same cost you could have only got a new mid level petrol hatchback.

Update - finally got the car home as I was on a long business trip the past several days.

Smooth and professional handover process - action items by vj cars:

1. Hand over each form of the transfer paperwork, insurance, rc etc along with the sale receipt on a green sheet.

2. Take back the necessary documents for rc name transfer, offer to take back insurance transfer papers as well but I declined with thanks as I have been using the services of my local New India Assurance branch since 2002. Give me an acknowledgement letter for documents taken back. All these are neat printouts.

3. Hand over the documents and car key fobs with a small gift kit (fire extinguisher, tissue box and a box of quite good quality laddoos made with pure ghee), this is after the owner of vj cars, Mr Khaja, recites a silent prayer over these.

4. Place a copy of rc and insurance in the car, offer a quick tutorial if needed on things like push button start, ICE controls, the switched position of the wiper and blinker stalks (typical ford, left hand drive controls on a right hand drive car) - and once I declined that with thanks, click a handover photo and wish me farewell

The car is decorated with a velvet ribbon on the bonnet by the way, and given a thorough clean plus interior shampoo before handover.

Used car dealer - VJ Cars, Chennai-img_2854.jpg

Hello

I was looking to buy 1 or 2 year old Endevour and came across VJ cars and then your post popped up as well. Was really useful to read your experience. I would like to know how your fiesta is doing and if you encountered an issues ?

Thanks in Advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by keshav1426 (Post 4348302)
Hello

I was looking to buy 1 or 2 year old Endevour and came across VJ cars and then your post popped up as well. Was really useful to read your experience. I would like to know how your fiesta is doing and if you encountered an issues ?

Thanks in Advance

Absolutely no complaints with the car - I love it. The Fiesta's been getting a lot of extra love from me (several posts starting from this one in the thread below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4314406

I've finalized a Jan 2015 registered Scorpio S10 from VJ Cars. Yet to pay for it, that'll come soon - there's a bandh tomorrow so ..

It is shod with fairly new 205/65R17 Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts (5-10K of wear) and has a recent battery, bumper to bumper insurance valid till December.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 4381637)
I've finalized a Jan 2015 registered Scorpio S10 from VJ Cars. Yet to pay for it, that'll come soon - there's a bandh tomorrow so ..

Does he display his inventory online? would look to have a look if so, Scorpio looks to be in mint condition!

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4381732)
Does he display his inventory online? would look to have a look if so, Scorpio looks to be in mint condition!

Yup he does.
www.vjcars.in