http://www.facebook.com/ocdaboutcars

What it provides -

Wash and Wax
Interior cleaning / leather protection
Detailing
Paint protection film
Ceramic Coating

What I like

- Brand new (less than a month old) showroom with well trained staff.

- Quality equipment and consumables - all imported he says, rather than the stuff bought locally which is mostly quite old stock.

- Sonax and 3M car shampoos / leather protection etc sprays.

- Meguiar wax, Sonax and Meguiar branded buffers, sponges, pads.

- 3M paint protection film though he’s trying to source better alternatives from abroad.

- Modesta + ceramic coating with a closed off and air conditioned curing booth. The owner added that he generally prefers to use a single thick layer of ceramic rather than multiple layers apparently because in extreme weather, metal and paint expansion and contraction can split multilayer ceramic coats.

- LED strip lighting so swirl marks, ingrained dirt etc will show up clearly.

- RO water used for washing so no dirt, mineral deposits etc end up on the car.

Last but not least - The owner Niranjan Jayaprakash, who is a petrol-head, not currently on Team-BHP. This shop is brand new, only about a couple of weeks old after first operating a door to door service from an old Eeco for the past couple of years.

I’ve given him my Fiesta for a basic wash and wax after bringing it back absolutely filthy from a Bangalore to Chennai trip and before that, five days in the dustiest parts of Whitefield. Very decent job - steep-ish cost though - 1700 - but you get full value for what you pay for.
Attached Thumbnails
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-image.jpg  

Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-img_2932.jpg  

Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-img_2931.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 7th August 2017 at 10:46. Reason: Formatting - thanks for sharing!
hserus is offline   (18) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2017, 18:14   #2
BHPian

Default re: Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai

Yes, I was there for the inauguration and Niranjan briefed me on all that they were doing. Pretty impressive and he has been doing this for a while. He is very passionate about what he has been doing and has taken care that every little thing that could impact the final product has been addressed.

I wish to make a visit for my car to this place sometime.
swissknife is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2017, 19:20   #3
ike
BHPian

Default Re: Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai

I had been to OCD today for detailing and the experience was good. Niranjan is quite approachable and knowledgeable. Was charged 6k for detailing.
Attached Thumbnails
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-whatsapp-image-20171216-19.17.13.jpeg  

ike is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 20:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

When I bought my 2014 all new fiesta back in June I’d noticed that the dealer or maybe the previous owner had clumsily repainted several scratches on both bumpers with some shade of cheap paint (probably Indica white paint) that just didn’t match the original factory finish.

Wasn’t worth repainting the car so I waited for the bumpers to accumulate the usual crop of minor scratches from two wheelers, flying small stones on rough roads etc.

Plus, late last week, one unfortunate additional six inch scratch on the fron passenger side fender panel thanks to a “fish cart” (cycle rickshaw pushcart fitted with a tvs 50 engine) that was carrying several plastic pipes - projecting two feet out of the back of the cart.

Gave the car on Saturday to OCD where Niranjan and his pap Ashwath called in a painter and did a great job on it.

The repaint job with cheap paint was very unevenly applied and had sort of soaked in deep so that the entire rear bumper had to be scraped and repainted. They worked through the weekend and then today, and the end result after a spot of detailing is a masterpiece of craftsmanship.

Total cost 16k - steep but worth every paisa, as the photos below show you.
Attached Thumbnails
Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-47a7184e1cd64374af0199946809f075.jpeg  

Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-9388e0dd25a84292a13de7b5f19c22d2.jpeg  

Obsessive Compulsive Detailing (OCD) - Adyar, Chennai-f787e110247e4ec5a604caf3d896c4bc.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 08:33   #5
ike
BHPian

OCD are now offering PPF (paint protection Film). They use a brand called Xpel, Niranjan says it is superior to 3M PPF as this will not become yellow or bubble up. The adhesive is also better and there is also a layer clear coat on the film. It is Pricey though at INR850/Sq Ft. IIRC 3M is ~550/Sq Ft.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote