Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2019, 22:48   #1
BHPian

Car repairs & maintenance - World of Service, Chennai

FRIENDLY WORKSHOP GARAGE AT CHENNAI

I would like to share experience of Servicing FIAT Linea recently.
Had an excellent experience with World of Service (WOS), Noida, so when in Chennai we thought to try out World of Service (WOS), Chennai as well.
It happens to be another branch of WOS Noida.
I had to get General Check-up & Replacement of Clutch.

I googled and visited WOS Chennai Facebook Page, Blog, and YouTube & Google Business Page Links.
https://woschennai.blogspot.com/2018...ew-rating.html
Quite interesting with so many details and was very impressed with all the photos & Customer Satisfaction Reviews & Ratings.

I called up WOS Chennai & got in touch with Mr.Basker Service Advisor. I was well received at their workshop. He had sent me the location map. The workshop is located in Kolapakkam which is some 4 KMs away from Porur. They have 3 Car Lift Bays. Workshop was neat & clean & well maintained. WOS Chennai Workshop Team did a test drive and put the car up the ramp and checked my car thoroughly and gave me the estimate for approval.

I got the following Service & Repairs done at World of Service Chennai. EGR Cleaning was a very labour intensive work to clean all the muck.

1. Replacement of Engine Oil & General Check Up
2. Replacement of Brake Pads & Clutch Kit
3. EGR Cleaning

Basker told me that they provide complete Car Care Solutions Mechanical, Electrical, AC & Bodyshop Tinkering & Painting Repairs and they have a 4.7* Rating in FB. I was quite impressed to see so many other Brand Cars too at the workshop.

I am very Happy & Satisfied with the overall quality of workmanship & my experience with WOS Chennai. The quality of Consumables & Spare Parts used was genuine. Billing was reasonable. Team was very straight forward and transparent. Interestingly I was told that for last 3 & ½ years they have been sharing all the photos taken during the Service & Repairs with each & every customer after delivering the Car and in some cases the photos are over 100 in numbers giving a clear picture to the customer.

I thanked Basker & Saran Kumar very much for all their support. I told them I will give feedback after few months of usage. The Car is performing very well and the Clutch is smooth now much better than before. The Braking is very good too. EGR Cleaning has really helped.

I am sharing photos of the Service & Repair taken by the workshop team who shared me the photos.
World of Service, B1 & B2, Ponnambalam Salai, Radha Krishnan Nagar, Kolapakkam, Chennai – 600 122 (Tel: 8695445065 / 6379256399 / 6379123060 / 9790019881)

Car repairs & maintenance - World of Service, Chennai-1.jpg
Car repairs & maintenance - World of Service, Chennai-11.jpg

This workshop is really very helpful for Chennai based Car owners and is strongly recommended!

Last edited by anubhav22 : 10th July 2019 at 22:50.
anubhav22 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 20:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Car repairs & maintenance - World of Service, Chennai

I came across this thread and got in touch with Baskar regarding my dad's swift's suspension related issues. He sounded very gentle and full of knowledge.

How ever I am very surprised to receive the below message from the owner today !

Quote:
Good Evening Sir.
Hope all is well with you and your family. Hope your Car is doing well.
I am back in Chennai now and coming to our workshop regularly. We are not getting sufficient number of Cars since March and struggling to sustain our workshop business inspite of giving very good service support. Our losses are mounting every month. We are a small workshop.

We need your help and support Sir. Kindly share 8 to 10 of your phone contacts (friends, family, office colleagues, neighbors etc in Chennai)

I will personally call & speak to them using your name as reference and inform them about our multi brand car workshop.

I am sure they will also be happy to know about us through you. Inspite of the Covid crisis we are still maintaining 4.8/5 🌟 RATING for CUSTOMER SATISFACTION in our workshop facebook page.

They can contact WOS Chennai for their Car Service General check up Repairs. We are providing PICK-UP-DROP facility.

We also look forward to receive your Car for Service and Repairs if any. Thanking you in advance for all your help and support.

Kindly support us 🙏🙏. Take Care and stay safe Sir. I will also call and speak with you too later.

Warm Regards,
Mahesh Natarajan
8695445065 / 9790019881
Now I'm not sure how to react to this. Let me know if something can be done..

@Mods, I'm in no way affiliated to this business and i hardly know the gentleman. The above message moved me and I wanted to share it here
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 11:35   #3
BHPian

Was looking for a FNG to service my Jazz post the extended warranty period, reading the above reviews decided to go with them, Initial plan to visit the workshop, but due to my work schedule couldn't go, called the number to check for pick up and drop off facility, Talked to Mr.Mahesh, sounded very gentle on the phone. He connected to their Service Advisor Mr.Basker and scheduled the pick up. He came to pickup the car. He sounded quote knowledgeable.

Asked them to check the Suspension as it had gone very stiff and started producing noise over speed bumps, Clutch as well as I found bit difficult to change gears. After checking he advised against the Suspension change though the current system is bit stiff it wont have any major problems for next 10K kms, They advised against the Clutch change too as it also will come for another 10K kms, I decided to go for clutch change as I am having couple of ghat section trips in the coming months.
Finally got the following services:
1) Engine oil change,Gear oil change and general Checkup.
2) Clutch system Change.
3) Brake pad change.

Charges were nominal.
They shared a lot of photos during the Service, Car is good post the service. Very much satisfied with the service.
Old 12th December 2022, 14:09   #4
BHPian

Kudos to Anupam for this feat!
I hope he keeps up the quality and reliability same as that of Noida garage.
Old 16th July 2023, 10:14   #5
BHPian

Got one of my cars serviced at World Of Service. The car needed general service including replacements of all fluids. Electronics were malfunctioning due to rat menace.

They were in constant touch via WhatApp as the car was getting serviced. They even fixed issues I forgot to point out during inspection. Car was delivered in top shape the very next day.

Mr. Mahesh and Mr. Baskar were very patient & courteous. Extremely happy with their quality of service. Finally found a trustworthy FNG close to my house.

Keep up the good work World Of Service!
kpkeerthi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2023, 11:57   #6
BHPian

Its been couple of months since my ertiga got serviced by WOS, Chennai. Both Mr. Baskar and Mr. Mahesh are very polite and explain in detail the necessary repairs that needed immediate attention. My ertiga is 10 years old and it needed suspension setup completely changed along with other major issues like timing belt replacement, gear issues. they gave a quote and explained in detail the issues. car was always serviced at sri vishnu motors, avadi and last major service had disappointing bad experience. hence was very apprehensive about the WOS and distance being another factor. But the regular updates and constant image sharing helped in understanding the way the car was handled by their mechanics. the car was delivered as promised and a discount was provided in labour charges by Mr. Mahesh. All the problems listed were addressed and couple of small niggles which i didnot mention also got addressed. i have driven close to 2000 kms after the service and car is running smoothly.

They had carried out
1: General service, engine oil replacement
2: Timing belt replacement
3: Clutch system replacement
4: Suspension overhaul
5: Gearbox and drive shaft refurbishment
6: Synchronizer bearing replacement

Small workshop but the team does a great job. Your car certainly gets due attention. All charges are explained upfront and gets approval before beginning the work. My Ertiga had got a new lease of life.
venki.bala is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks