Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 22:06   #1
BHPian

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai

This is for the folks in an around East Tambaram, Selaiyur, Madambakkam, Medavakkam.

I have been a regular customer of this Thenpandian Car Wash for the last 7 years. Satisfied and recommend them for the services they offer. This wash center is behind the Thenpandian Auto Gas station conveniently located at the Rajakilpakkam Signal on the Velachery - Tambaram main road next to the Shell Petrol Bunk.
Pros
1. Have large open space for parking.
2. They are good at both interior and exterior cleaning and take good amount of care.
3. Have hydraulic lift for under body cleaning
4. They use 3M products for washing, drying and polishing.
5. Reasonably priced.
6. Open on all Saturdays and Sundays

Cons
1. Crowded on Sundays.
I generally avail the Full body wash and at times add the wax polish.

Pictured below is my car, getting washed and dried recently.

Note: - I don't have any business affiliation with them and this post is intended only for sharing my views.
Attached Thumbnails
Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-img_0892.jpg  

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-img_0895.jpg  

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-img_0900.jpg  

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-img_0902.jpg  

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-img_0897.jpg  

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-img_0899.jpg  

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-capture.png  

Last edited by saisree : 23rd August 2019 at 22:10.
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 11:54   #2
BHPian

re: Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai

Thanks for sharing the details. I am staying close to this place, will try next time. So far i was using Amaze automatic car wash, which is just opposite to this place. Every place is crowded during week ends. I normally call and book a time slot with them (for weekends need to call early or previous day) to avoid delay.
Old 13th October 2019, 14:17   #3
BHPian

Re: Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai

The Amaze car washing is closed now. Have done interior clearing and water wash today at the Thenpandian car wash today and they have done a good job.
Attached Thumbnails
Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-figo-oct-2019.jpg  

r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 14:44   #4
BHPian

Went for a wash for my Ertiga, yesterday in the afternoon. Even though it was mid week it was surprisingly busier. Had 3 cars ahead of me and had to wait for 30 mins before the car was taken for wash.

I opted for Full exterior with Wax and interior vacuum clean. Have to say the team are really well trained and were following the procedure fine.

It costed 950 and I am satisfied with the workmanship done. Would definitely recommend this for the people in this side of Chennai.

Thanks
Ragav J
RJ411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 19:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice to know! I live nearby, close to Bharath University in Selaiyur.

But I've taken up a contract with 3M Car Care (Nungambakkam) whereby they send a person over to my home whenever I ask and they proceed to do a full shampoo wash, exterior polish, tyre polish, interior vacuuming, dash polish, glass/mirror cleaning etc. All for Rs.600 per sitting. I did have to pay them a one-time fee of Rs.2000, which holds good for 3 years. The car comes away looking shining every single time.
Old 9th January 2020, 20:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
Nice to know! I live nearby, close to Bharath University in Selaiyur.

But I've taken up a contract with 3M Car Care (Nungambakkam) whereby they send a person over to my home whenever I ask and they proceed to do a full shampoo wash, exterior polish, tyre polish, interior vacuuming, dash polish, glass/mirror cleaning etc. All for Rs.600 per sitting. I did have to pay them a one-time fee of Rs.2000, which holds good for 3 years. The car comes away looking shining every single time.
Oh Nice!!.

The only missing stuff I see here is you will not be able to clean the under body and the grit under the running board, bumpers and wheel wells. You need a lift to do that. And yes, it gets dirty in the first 100 mtr ride itself, but, I get a chance to peek under the car and check for any damages, stone hits etc.,
Old 10th January 2020, 11:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Oh Nice!!.

The only missing stuff I see here is you will not be able to clean the under body and the grit under the running board, bumpers and wheel wells. You need a lift to do that. And yes, it gets dirty in the first 100 mtr ride itself, but, I get a chance to peek under the car and check for any damages, stone hits etc.,
That's true. I missed to say though that they do clean the wheel wells. But the rest of the underbody will remain dirty as you said. I'll give it for an exterior plus underbody wash maybe twice a year then.
Old 21st February 2020, 12:19   #8
BHPian

In my previous shops,
1. Body and Underbody wash was done. The cleaning was good during the initial visits but quality started coming down gradually due to the increase in the number of vehicles
2. Another place. Good work but only body wash and underbody not possible. Since it was a garage + wash, sometimes they don't wash if they have repair work and manpower.

I was looking for an alternate and thanks to all who recommended here. Initially, I was hesitant as the place is about 6-7 km far. However, it was worth going there and the quality of washing is good. Irrespective of the number of cars, they take time to clean properly. If you are going on a weekend, be prepared to spend around 2 hrs.

Also, they keep track of your washes via card for each car and every fifth wash is free.

Last edited by Doo_Dev : 21st February 2020 at 12:22.
Doo_Dev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 18:41   #9
BHPian

Oh yes it’s not the bird!! It’s the foam wash after an year. My last visit here was around Jan 2020. Opted for both interior and exterior shampooing and some wax.

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-43f418faa4b74526b8b9144557998f60.jpeg

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-dc60a41f99fd41b6877e5a5bb624cd67.jpeg

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-98cec63823f04285aea61f9377cf0688.jpeg

Back home sparkling.

Thenpandian Car Wash - Rajakilpakkam, Chennai-4b31b02c527b47ebbfdfacacfd092802.jpeg
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks