|2nd June 2020, 14:02||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Thanked: 75 Times
Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai
After hearing some great things about Sahil from Vertron motors, I decided to complete my first major service with them in May. I own a 2014 Octavia which had a few issues, So after months of careful research and coordination with Sahil, I started collecting parts and thankfully managed to collect almost everything just before lockdown in March. I reached out to Sahil around 11Th May after the Lockdown was eased and completed the work in about 6 days. I had a great experience overall and here is a brief of the work done,
Vertron Motor Co
They specialize in European cars service and spares.
Contact Person: Mr. Sahil +918939216520
2014 Octavia Elegance TDI DSG run 57,000 Kms.
Running a Petes remap. Otherwise a completely stock car.
Complaints with the car:
Rough ride with noisy suspension, Noise from Flywheel, Worn engine & gearbox mounts.
Bilstein B6 from TDC Automotive UK
I wanted to use the best OE parts available and coordinated with Sahil for parts like Flywheel and mounts.
-Replaced Flywheel with new DMF from LUK
- (This required taking apart the entire right side of the engine bay and the gearbox)
-Replaced top engine Mount
-Replaced gearbox mount
-Full suspension tear down
-Installed Bilstein B6
-Replaced F+R suspension top mount and bearing with OE parts from lemforder
-Replaced front lower arm bush kit with lemforder
-Replaced stabilizer link rod with lemforder
What I like:
- Sahil is very knowledgeable and really knows his subject well. Now, I know my way around the car and I donít easily trust people to work on my car, but after our conversation, I was confident they could do the job well and they didnít disappoint.
- Organized like an OEM workshop with all facilities and good tools.
- The chief mechanic was highly experienced and knew exactly what he was doing.
- They have an exhaustive checklist for any new car they work on, It is far more extensive than most OEM workshops.
- They can source good quality OE parts for all Euro cars.
- They were transparent and honest, I was always kept informed.
What I didnít like:
- Nothing to complain about
The Bilstein B6 cost Rs. 48,000 including shipping from UK. Paid customs separately.
Parts sourced from Sahil:
Engine Mount - Rs. 6500 Original
Gear Box Mount -Rs. 5500 Original
Flywheel -Rs. 24000 Luk
Lower arm bush -Rs. 1260 set of 4
Lower arm ball joint -Rs. 2540 set of 2
Front strut kit -Rs. 1690 set
Rear strut kit -Rs. 1750 set
Stabiliser link Rod-Rs. 4200 set
Charges were reasonable and cheaper than OEM workshops.
I would highly recommend them
|3rd June 2020, 00:45||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2017
Thanked: 3,212 Times
re: Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai
Thanks for sharing. I am surprised, at 57000 km the car required a major repair. Some cars don’t even need a tyre change by that. So, how did the issues crop up? could you please share pictures of damaged mounts if you have.
How does the car feel after repairs/upgrades, it’d be good to know about Bilstein B6 performance.
Last edited by Thermodynamics : 3rd June 2020 at 01:03.
|3rd June 2020, 06:57||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 160,978 Times
Re: Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai