Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2020, 14:02   #1
BHPian

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai

Hi Guys,
After hearing some great things about Sahil from Vertron motors, I decided to complete my first major service with them in May. I own a 2014 Octavia which had a few issues, So after months of careful research and coordination with Sahil, I started collecting parts and thankfully managed to collect almost everything just before lockdown in March. I reached out to Sahil around 11Th May after the Lockdown was eased and completed the work in about 6 days. I had a great experience overall and here is a brief of the work done,

Workshop details:
Vertron Motor Co
Ambattur, Chennai.
They specialize in European cars service and spares.

Contact Person: Mr. Sahil +918939216520

My car:
2014 Octavia Elegance TDI DSG run 57,000 Kms.
Running a Petes remap. Otherwise a completely stock car.

Complaints with the car:
Rough ride with noisy suspension, Noise from Flywheel, Worn engine & gearbox mounts.

Parts Bought:
Bilstein B6 from TDC Automotive UK

I wanted to use the best OE parts available and coordinated with Sahil for parts like Flywheel and mounts.

Work Done:
-Replaced Flywheel with new DMF from LUK
- (This required taking apart the entire right side of the engine bay and the gearbox)
-Replaced top engine Mount
-Replaced gearbox mount
-Full suspension tear down
-Installed Bilstein B6
-Replaced F+R suspension top mount and bearing with OE parts from lemforder
-Replaced front lower arm bush kit with lemforder
-Replaced stabilizer link rod with lemforder

What I like:
- Sahil is very knowledgeable and really knows his subject well. Now, I know my way around the car and I don’t easily trust people to work on my car, but after our conversation, I was confident they could do the job well and they didn’t disappoint.
- Organized like an OEM workshop with all facilities and good tools.
- The chief mechanic was highly experienced and knew exactly what he was doing.
- They have an exhaustive checklist for any new car they work on, It is far more extensive than most OEM workshops.
- They can source good quality OE parts for all Euro cars.
- They were transparent and honest, I was always kept informed.

What I didn’t like:
- Nothing to complain about

Cost involved:
The Bilstein B6 cost Rs. 48,000 including shipping from UK. Paid customs separately.

Parts sourced from Sahil:
Engine Mount - Rs. 6500 Original
Gear Box Mount -Rs. 5500 Original
Flywheel -Rs. 24000 Luk
Lower arm bush -Rs. 1260 set of 4
Lower arm ball joint -Rs. 2540 set of 2
Front strut kit -Rs. 1690 set
Rear strut kit -Rs. 1750 set
Stabiliser link Rod-Rs. 4200 set

Labour:
Charges were reasonable and cheaper than OEM workshops.

Conclusion:
I would highly recommend them
Attached Thumbnails
Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-1.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-2.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-6.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-4.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-3.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-8.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-7.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-9.jpg  

Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai-10.jpg  

vibhu_f430 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 00:45   #2
BHPian

re: Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai

Thanks for sharing. I am surprised, at 57000 km the car required a major repair. Some cars don’t even need a tyre change by that. So, how did the issues crop up? could you please share pictures of damaged mounts if you have.

How does the car feel after repairs/upgrades, it’d be good to know about Bilstein B6 performance.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 3rd June 2020 at 01:03.
Old 3rd June 2020, 06:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car repairs & maintenance : Vertron Motor Co, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
I had a great experience overall and here is a brief of the work done
Thanks for sharing! I know how difficult it is to find good shops for premium cars. This one will greatly help Chennai BHPians & guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Thanks for sharing. I am surprised, at 57000 km the car required a major repair.
My C220 required new engine mounts at 40,000 km (expected for that model), as did the Civic (common with that model). On the suspension, I would say 60,000 km is a fair point for overhauling. Even if your suspension works okay, odds are that it has completely lost its "tightness" by then. Overhauling at 60k will bring back the new car ride & handling.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 00:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Parts Bought:
Bilstein B6 from TDC Automotive UK

Cost involved:
The Bilstein B6 cost Rs. 48,000 including shipping from UK. Paid customs separately.
Hi Vibhu,

Thanks for sharing your experience! If you don't mind me asking, how much customs taxes did you have to pay on these?
Old 21st November 2020, 11:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
After hearing some great things about Sahil from Vertron motors, I decided to complete my first major service with them in May. I own a 2014 Octavia which had a few issues, So after months of careful research and coordination with Sahil, I started collecting parts and thankfully managed to collect almost everything just before lockdown in March. I reached out to Sahil around 11Th May after the Lockdown was eased and completed the work in about 6 days. I had a great experience overall and here is a brief of the work done,

Workshop details:
Vertron Motor Co
Ambattur, Chennai.
They specialize in European cars service and spares.
Conclusion:
I would highly recommend them
Stumbled on this thread just at the right time. While you have mentioned they specialize in European cars, in the pics posted I see a Civic being attended to as well. I am badly in need of a trusted FNG for carrying out some maintenance repair work on my Civic and Ambattur happens to be close to my place. I just have one more visit to HASS for the engine mount replacement post which I would like to say goodbye to them.
Old 3rd December 2020, 17:42   #6
BHPian

For some reason i wasn't allowed to comment earlier on this thread, now I can, so better late than never.

I was looking for an independent garage for servicing my BMW 5 Series (F10)and a friend of mine recommended me to go to Vertron Motors. I was a little apprehensive (as anyone would be initially)as I am very picky about who works on my cars, until I met Sahil and his team.

He sat me down, explained the entire work and the time frame, he did not give any false commitments on timelines. He has a good knowledge about European cars and a pretty efficient team for execution. His entire team is very courteous and they never say no for even the smaller jobs.

The jobs which I have done so far on my 5 series are oil and filter changes, door beading and sun roof beading service and repairing, ac button replacement, Bilstein B6 shock replacements, suspension bush replacement, brake pad replacements, disc skimming, Cobra spring replacements. All the jobs done were perfectly executed. The cost for the services done was pretty nominal, maybe at par with other independent service centres. The only grouse is that the service centre is at the far end of ambattur, so sending the car everytime is a big hastle.

I've been sending my car to Vertron Motors since 2 years now and I would highly recommend them, they take up even the most complicated jobs which other mechanics would generally shun away and they manage to solve the issue.
rahul_66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 00:48   #7
BHPian

Recently (a month ago) I picked up a single owner, 2015 VW Jetta Highline AT with around 121k on the Odo. Since the 120k service was not done by the last owner, I gave for the 120k service to VW Mount Road (TVS) and completed the service and the bill was around Rs. 22500 which is inclusive of a replacement of a ABS sensor. At the time of handover, the SA informed me that there is an oil leak in inter-cooler and replacement of front lower arm bush kit and other mounts are required and the estimate provided was on the higher side considering its VW.

Thats when my search for a independent garage started. I stumbled upon this thread and also spoke to couple of my friends and all the feedback I received was good. Had a brief discussion with Sahil and fixed up a date and time to inspect the car. After a brief test drive and putting the car on the ramp, Sahil did a thorough analysis and the check list used by him is far exhaustive than the one in ASC. The best part was, he even gave me an estimated budget partwise and labour and was ready to discuss on the items that need immediate attention and which can be postponed based on the severity if there is a budget constraint. He kept me posted on the status of the work on regular basis.

I didnt pressure him for the repairs to be carried out at a faster pace since I had an Altis.

Pros.
1. Highly Professional
2. Able to source OEM parts
3. Was ready to prioritize the work based on the budget.

Cons: - Nothing much

Will I go again - 100%. The professionalism showed by Sahil is something very different and highly appreciable.
vasanthjn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed