Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2021, 11:45   #1
BHPian

Michelin Tyre Shop in Besant Nagar, Chennai : Mahendra Tyres

Mahendra Tyres has been in Vannanthurai, Besant Nagar for over 25 years now and has been my go to tyre shop for ages.

I have found they give the best prices straight up and will not bargain after. Better prices than Lal tyres and any other shop in Chennai in my experience. They also always give good advise - do not try to upsell.

Being a preferred Michelin dealer, they are well stocked on all Michelin tyres, even when most other shops do not have them.

This is where I once found the Director of Quality, Michelin poking around.

Team Bhp Post about that here. (Why I will never drive with any tyre other than Michelins)

Products:

Car Tyres: Michelin, Yokohama, Pirelli, Good year, Continental, Apollo, Bridgestone.

Note: If you are looking for MRF's - which in my personal opinion you should never be looking for - you will be better served at the MRF tyre drome in Adyar which is around 5 KM away.

Wheel Balancing and Alignment. Free Alignment after 3000 KM of doing a wheel balance + alignment.

A smattering of car care products like car shampoos, fresheners etc.

Google Maps Location

https://g.page/michelintyre?share

Address:

47/68b, M.g Road, Vannanthurai, Besant Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600090

(It's just before Vannanthurai Junction on the right if you are going from Adyar to Besant Nagar on the road that leads to Velanakani Church)

+919841367741

Michelin Tyre Shop in Besant Nagar, Chennai : Mahendra Tyres-mahendratyrecarecentrechennai01lg.jpeg
thirdmainroad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin Tyre Shop in Besant Nagar, Chennai : Mahendra Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Being a preferred Michelin dealer, they are well stocked on all Michelin tyres, even when most other shops do not have them.
Due to the push for selling 'Made in India' tyres, most standard sizes of tyres such as 195/60/R15 are not being imported into the country. Only certain tyres sizes are exempt and imports are allowed.

I was looking for Michelin tyres of this size all over Bangalore and couldn't find one. So I'm going for Continental tyres (made in India) as a substitute.
Old 22nd October 2021, 23:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
most standard sizes of tyres such as 195/60/R15 are not being imported into the country. Only certain tyres sizes are exempt and imports are allowed.
You could try with Madhu's (Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore).

What my regular tyre dealer said, they get regular sizes from April-May this year. And they do! It's just not all dealers, from what I gather.

I had the choice of P4ST when I did my tire swap. I went with Continental UC6 purely for cost (was 2000 INR apiece cheaper) after several owners reported comparable experiences.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 00:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Due to the push for selling 'Made in India' tyres, most standard sizes of tyres such as 195/60/R15 are not being imported into the country. Only certain tyres sizes are exempt and imports are allowed.
I recently got my tyres changed for my WRV - the size is 195/60/R16 - they were available; though I upsized to 205.

These guys told me that Michelin's being offered through very few outlets right now.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 22:32   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea if they offer mushroom puncture?
Old 6th February 2022, 09:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any idea if they offer mushroom puncture?
They do, but I would visit the MRF tyredrome in
Adayar for that. And likewise, it’s a better choice for wheel alignment. They also do a stellar car cleaning job and a host of other services.

Note - if the MRF Tyredromes number that pops up in google says it’s out of order, it’s just busy. You’ll need to try again.
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 19:25   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They do, but I would visit the MRF tyredrome .
Thanks for the help.
Was initially looking to get it fixed today, being Sunday not many places were available.

Anyway, it didn't work out today since I wasn't able to step out. Will get it done from Tyredrome tomorrow or this week someday. Tyredrome works out convinent too, since I stay near Saligramam.
Old 26th December 2023, 11:36   #8
BANNED

Got my CEATs on my Taigun 1.5 changed to Michelins today after exactly 1 year, 28,000 KM done on the CEATS.

Though the CEATS were surprisingly good, the Michelins of course are far better and one can notice quite a substantial improvement in handling and ride quality immediately.

Very few people now stick original Michelins and this is one of the last few standing. They gave me a very good price and further reduced it when I said I came from Team BHP.

The owner, Mr Mahindra says Team BHP has been sending him customers who truly understand quality tyres and especially Michelins.

We should support good businesses and especially business that give discounts to Team BHPians and this tyre shop is one of them!
Yesterdaysnews is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 23:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Off topic:
The black sedan with the trunk open - what make and model is that one?? Even has beautiful white wall inserts!
Old 16th April 2024, 20:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Off topic:
The black sedan with the trunk open - what make and model is that one?? Even has beautiful white wall inserts!
AHOLLY MOLLY and GODDANG! How did I miss that car?? WHAATT!

Seems like I was too star struck by Michelin and missed a true star, even though I was looking right at it!

:/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks