Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 16:29   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
I could smell unburnt Kerosene in the exhaust.
I've tried filling up twice (Speed) and was ok.

The new BP before the bridge the service was horrible I packed up and left.
Another time its was really good.

So the questions remains are there any reliable pumps.
The one near life line is ok I'd say.

Are there any CoCo pumps on OMR ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 9th July 2010 at 16:32.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:50   #152
BHPian

The pump owned by Parveen Travels opposite Satyabama University in Semmancherry is good.
Old 9th July 2010, 19:33   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
The pump owned by Parveen Travels opposite Satyabama University in Semmancherry is good.
Thanks for the input.
Is it BP ?

Guys, is Shell worth the "premium" ?
Also does shell have high-octane like Speed ?

Any idea what is the price now ?
I think I've seen one in Semmancherry.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:04   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
I stay at Thoraipakkam and need to get a PUC certificate for my car (2006 Swift petrol). Would anyone know where I can get this done?
Also now that the price of petrol has been made floating, would anyone know the differance in cost between Shell and BP?
I went to the shell petrol bunk opp. to vadapalani bus stop to fill up my bike. Shell normal is 61.XX rs and shell super is 63.xx rs. I was like .
I went to HP and filled petrol for 55.xxrs/ltr.
Old 9th July 2010, 21:39   #155
BANNED

Shell Diesel Price

Hi All

Any idea how much the diesel costs in shell
Old 9th July 2010, 21:42   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Guys, is Shell worth the "premium" ?
Also does shell have high-octane like Speed ?
It is! It is! It is! Period.

Their premium petrol is called Shell Super Unleaded and costs Rs 63.25 per litre, but it is not high octane. To my knowledge none of the premium fuels from PSU bunks - except Speed 97 - are high octane either. Shell normal costs Rs 61.50 I think. Will there be a difference in mileage - I don't know as my car was never fed any other fuel from day one. But the engine is super smooth.

IMO it is just pure, unadulterated fuel with correct RON, quality and quantity. Nothing more, nothing less. If we buy petrol from a 100% trusted PSU bunk, it is as good as Shell. The only such bunk I fill up at is the Ashram BP bunk at Pondy, run by Aurobindo Ashram. I fill Speed petrol -not speed 97 - and it is perfectly as good as Shell petrol. The problem is such bunks are so rare to find.

But I have experimented with my Splendor by filling normal (PSU) petrol a couple of times. I have found a difference in engine smoothness during those times and the mileage was less by about 2 KMPL. When I restored premium fuel - be it from Shell or Speed/Power/Xtrapremium from good PSU bunks, they both improved again. I can't comment about Shell normal petrol as it was out of stock on both occasions.

Last edited by Gansan : 9th July 2010 at 21:45.
Old 9th July 2010, 23:06   #157
Senior - BHPian

I tanked up 3 days ago at a IOC fuel station at Porur adjacently opposite to DLF; these guys cleaned up car's visor, billed promptly for 25 litres including paise, no rounding off business & took away hands when fuelling & no attention diversion stuff. Though the pump looks very small, they seem to be doing a honest business & this is my first time to fill in there.
Old 10th July 2010, 06:26   #158
BHPian

IOC Bunk in GN Chetty Road is also excellent. They do not have the VFM, but the billing seem to be perfect.

Guys having Indian Oil - Citibank card, please make sure you request the attender to swipe at Citibank EDC machine.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:57   #159
Senior - BHPian

The two PSU bunks which issue pump generated bill similar to Shell are the Ashram BP bunk at Pondy and the IOC bunk near Trident hotel on GST Road, Meenambakkam. Which are the other bunks issuing such bill in Chennai?
Old 10th July 2010, 22:49   #160
Senior - BHPian

The two bunks HP and IOC in Meenambakkam (near Nanganallur diversion from Anna salai) are good. I did not find any problem with HP Velachery and the other HP in Kelambakkam near Vandalur road junction.Bharath Petrolium in Gowrivakkam on Tambaram Velachery road also not bad. But beware of the Bharath Petrolium one in Medavakkam on Velachery road. These guys with out your concern set for Rs.200. TI experienced many times and even scolded them for doing this instead of filling Full tank diretly.
Old 10th July 2010, 23:54   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The two PSU bunks which issue pump generated bill similar to Shell are the Ashram BP bunk at Pondy and the IOC bunk near Trident hotel on GST Road, Meenambakkam. Which are the other bunks issuing such bill in Chennai?
Ekayar's in VN Road, T. Nagar (BP) has it for a few years now.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:34   #162
BANNED

Guys, How good is the Shell bunk that is present on the JN Road? When you come from Kathipura junction towards the Jafferkhanpet bridge you can see this on the left before the bridge? I filled the tank of my GS150R here. The manual says that the tank capacity is 15 litres but the attendant was able to fill fro 17 litres. I don't have an explanation for this. :-(.
Old 11th July 2010, 15:26   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ekayar's in VN Road, T. Nagar (BP) has it for a few years now.

Enkayar's is one of the best pump in south chennai i guess.Good service and quality of fuel and plays music which calms you down.

I like the coffee sold there too,Had it yesterday evening also. Guys try it and its like Narasus Kapi (thought its machine coffee)
Old 11th July 2010, 15:27   #164
BHPian

Another bad experience with IOC, Adyar (LB Road). Our car's clutch had given away, and we were in need of the car. My father examined the car, and found the clutch fluid almost non existent. He asked me to get a bottle of clutch/brake fluid from the nearest petrol bunk, so that we could top it up, and fix any leaks that might be present.

It turns out that this IOC is the bunk nearest to my place.

I go there, ask an attendant for brake fluid. He says there is no such thing available. I almost turn back when another guy calls me and says it is available. He takes out a bottle from a shelf and hands it over. I check the specs and it matched what my dad had asked for. I paid up and went back home.

When we were about to open the bottle, to my horror, the seal was already broken. In fact, the bottle cap was broken, and there was no covering (foil) on the bottle lid. I missed these facts altogether because it was too dark. I also partly took it for granted that branded products would come straight off the shelf.

I have lost count of the cheating attempts here.
Old 11th July 2010, 18:19   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Guys, How good is the Shell bunk that is present on the JN Road? When you come from Kathipura junction towards the Jafferkhanpet bridge you can see this on the left before the bridge? I filled the tank of my GS150R here. The manual says that the tank capacity is 15 litres but the attendant was able to fill fro 17 litres. I don't have an explanation for this. :-(.
Astonishing. To my knowledge all Shell bunks are equally good. Is the tank capacity inclusive of reserve? How much petrol was already in your tank?

Most Viewed