Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 09:06   #256
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Ekayars, the petrol bunk in Venkatanarayana road, near the burkit road intersection, is the best petrol bunk I have used in Chennai. They never cheat & the service is impeccable.

The one opposite Vani Mahal is frequented by a bunch of cheats. I have been taken for a ride the two times I fueled my scooter there. They got aggressive when I pointed out the discrepancy.
Old 4th July 2011, 09:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
The one opposite Vani Mahal is frequented by a bunch of cheats.
Are you insinuating the customers are cheats?
Old 4th July 2011, 09:30   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Are you insinuating the customers are cheats?
Whoops! I meant that the attendants are cheats.
Old 4th July 2011, 15:46   #259
BHPian

Nowadays, I used fill one at Dr.R.K Salai, (next to nilgris signal) IOC bunk. Service is good so far. Any bad experiences here?
Old 4th July 2011, 19:43   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Nowadays, I used fill one at Dr.R.K Salai, (next to nilgris signal) IOC bunk. Service is good so far. Any bad experiences here?
Been filling there past 11 years - no complaints
Old 5th July 2011, 09:24   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Please pay by cash only. Dont use debit cards at this bunk. I happened to use it once and they had taken out Rs 30 more . Other than this I didnt find any other issues with them. They have teached me a lesson, "never use cards in petrol bunks".
Old 5th July 2011, 09:57   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Ekayars, the petrol bunk in Venkatanarayana road, near the burkit road intersection, is the best petrol bunk I have used in Chennai. They never cheat & the service is impeccable.

The one opposite Vani Mahal is frequented by a bunch of cheats. I have been taken for a ride the two times I fueled my scooter there. They got aggressive when I pointed out the discrepancy.
+1 to that and also the HP COCO bunk opp to newAudi showroom near to Nandanam signal is good.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 5th July 2011, 10:23   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravananj View Post
Please pay by cash only. Dont use debit cards at this bunk. I happened to use it once and they had taken out Rs 30 more . Other than this I didnt find any other issues with them. They have teached me a lesson, "never use cards in petrol bunks".
oops! Today also i have used my card for the fuel here. Anyway, it's a credit card with very less limit . Never faced any such problems so far.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:16   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe the 30 bucks was the fuel surcharge? In my cc, I am charged initially for it but it is credited back when the statement is generated.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:26   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe the 30 bucks was the fuel surcharge? In my cc, I am charged initially for it but it is credited back when the statement is generated.
I have used my debit card in many bunks earlier. No one had debited extra amount so far. This happens only with these guys. I also remember reading somewhere that the surcharge is applicable only if we pay using a credit card.
Old 5th July 2011, 13:13   #266
J.Ravi

Quote:
Perhaps, yes. In case of my Axis Bank Platinum CC, first it charges including surcharge [plus service tax on surcharge too, some times in some pumps], later surcharge [only] is credited back. But, in case of my Axis Bank Priority Debit Card, only the exact amount excluding surcharge is charged to my bank account. In some pumps, surcharge @ 2.5% plus service tax on surcharge are levied. But, my Axis Bank Platinum CC credits back only surcharge and not service tax on surcharge. So, nowadays, I am using my Axis Bank Priority Debit Card that charges the exact amount for which fuel is bought.
Quote:
I also remember reading somewhere that the surcharge is applicable only if we pay using a credit card.
Surcharge is levied for both credit and debit cards, unless you have some facility offered by the bank for waiving off surcharge. For example, for Axis Bank Priority Debit Cards and Platinum/Gold Credit Cards, the surcharge is waived off.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th July 2011 at 13:21.
  (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 17:18   #267
Senior - BHPian

The fuel pumps I trust are
Chennai
Whites Road TVS
OMR Sathyabama
Medavakkam Indian Oil
Pondicherry Ashram Pump
Trichy and Tanjore PLA
Salem KPN
Madurai TVS or Bharath Petrol Pump on Chennai Trichy NH adjacent to Temple city or Indian Oil near Madura College
Ulundurpet Bharath with A2B
Dindigul HP on Pazhani Road.
Old 21st October 2011, 18:31   #268
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
The fuel pumps I trust are
Chennai
Whites Road TVS
TVS petrol pump at Whites Road, Royapettah, Chennai, is now closed. See here for details.

Old 21st October 2011, 18:37   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
TVS petrol pump at Whites Road, Royapettah, Chennai, is now closed. See here for details.
J Ravi Thanks for the information. Almost a year I did not go that side.But the Madurai TVS Petrol pump is still there in South Veli street while coming from South Vasal.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 18:47   #270
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
But the Madurai TVS Petrol pump is still there in South Veli street while coming from South Vasal.
Yes, I know. My Linea had tankful of petrol at Pondy Ashram BP, Madurai TVS BP and Madurai BP COCO pump+Ghar Dhaba [Temple City] on the bypass on 18, 19 & 22 August 2011 respectively. Details are here.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 21st October 2011 at 18:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks